Boston, March 11...location/tickets? PART 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it's a thousand you're still so close if you're in the back of the balcony. I'd be thrilled just to be there, and honestly I think any complaining about a seat in this situation (that cost nothing other than cramped hands from dialing or just filling out an online form) seems more than a bit ungrateful. Sorry but it does, and to talk about anyone camping out for it.. that just seems bizarre to me. Maybe they'll have assigned seats so people can't fight/complain-but maybe some still will anyway.

Hey I won tickets to Celtic Woman, so sit there and be green with envy everyone.

Is there any theater set up at the Museum of Science (omni?)? perhaps the Somerville talk/bus to venue is just a decoy and it actually is being held at the MOS

:lol: see it all fits! :wink:

I'd happily take the back row of any balcony for this show. I had last row of the balcony at the garden last tour and I had a great time.

This is all very interesting. Buses obviously do make one think Foxboro but something in my gut (with no knowledge) tells me it won't leave the Greater Boston area. Do the e-mails to winners list cell phones as a restriction? I'm guessing they might because one call could tip off the whole secret in minutes.

the Wailers (The Paradise) is a Live Nation tour/venue, so their site handles tickets...

I still can't figure out how U2 will be anywhere other than at a Live Nation venue, what with the 12 year contract and all...

We're taking a limo to a bus which will take us to the "secret" location. I really don't care where it is or where I sit! I'm just so happy to be going!!!!!

Anyone else find it weird the Joshua Tree bar is next to the Somereville Theater? Haha

The link to the article claiming that The Orpheum would host U2 on page 18 has posted a correction reflecting that Hall and Oates are playing The Orpheum Wednesday night. Thought I'd throw that out as an FYI.
Somerville holds 900-1000 people

I won on WBCN. My wife and I are going. I haven't gotten an email from them yet, but they did call the day after just to say that they didn't know where it was (and probably just to check that they had my phone number correct).

I must say that I really don't like this "no cell phones" rule. I understand what they're trying to do, but my wife and I have a young son who will be with a sitter. I'm REALLY not happy about having to leave the cell phone behind. If the sitter needs to get in touch with us for some reason, then what?

Sorry, but whoever thought this would be a good idea really didn't think it through.

Even if it's a thousand you're still so close if you're in the back of the balcony. I'd be thrilled just to be there, and honestly I think any complaining about a seat in this situation (that cost nothing other than cramped hands from dialing or just filling out an online form) seems more than a bit ungrateful. Sorry but it does, and to talk about anyone camping out for it.. that just seems bizarre to me. Maybe they'll have assigned seats so people can't fight/complain-but maybe some still will anyway.
if you are referring to my posts, I certainly didnt mean to seem ungrateful and honestly dont think I said anything about deserving anything. I have no problem being in the back and somewhat implied I was expecting I would be by the fact Im not willing to wait on line all day like I would/have done with GA tickets in the past.

musically Im most looking forward to how much 'more' U2 is in a small setting than the countless other bands Ive seen in similar settings. so being a bit back might be more advantageous for that anyway.

however, if you think people camping out for it is not likely. 1, look at the LA thread right now, there are tons of people there (without tickets) and nobody even knows if U2 is even going to play anything or just interview. 2, it may be bizzare, but there will definitely be people without tickets camping out if the location is confirmed before hand. the bus set up will remove people with tickets from camping out, but non ticket people will be there if they know where it is. this is the only reason they havent announced the location yet, or its the only I can think of.

Pay phones?
Do those still exist?
I'm not being sarcastic, I seriously wonder if there are any around....
Somerville Theater is quite old, maybe they have a phone booth.

Wow, that sucks. We would be in the same boat leaving our daughter with a sitter.

So, I'm wondering if Shirley Manson will be hosting Wednesday night. I read somewhere that she would hosting all three nights.

I won on WBCN. My wife and I are going. I haven't gotten an email from them yet, but they did call the day after just to say that they didn't know where it was (and probably just to check that they had my phone number correct).

I must say that I really don't like this "no cell phones" rule. I understand what they're trying to do, but my wife and I have a young son who will be with a sitter. I'm REALLY not happy about having to leave the cell phone behind. If the sitter needs to get in touch with us for some reason, then what?

Sorry, but whoever thought this would be a good idea really didn't think it through.

I could copy and paste your post almost verbatim except for the part about getting a call. I haven't heard a thing yet. What day did you win? I was Thursday.

Ugh, I have a freakin' wedding in Newport on September 20. No Gillette for me. Second show, please, please, please, please...

Wow, that sucks. We would be in the same boat leaving our daughter with a sitter.

So, I'm wondering if Shirley Manson will be hosting Wednesday night. I read somewhere that she would hosting all three nights.

No, there hasn't been anything announced yet...

She was going to do all three, but the Boston show was changed to "tbd"

Am I reading these reports right... the band played ZERO songs at the LA event? And I wasted how much time calling radio stations last week?

Are you in the wedding? Close family member? If not, then head to Gillette.

It's a good friend, and my sister-in-law got a timeshare for the whole week. Maybe it'll be an early wedding and I can skip out on the reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom