Boston, March 11...location/tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tempted to ask people on here to sign up and use me as a referral but it's probably not worth it, I'll try some other ways.

If people on here win, it'd be awesome to share the wealth :heart:

Ya this whole thing is way too stressful! I'm still going to try...but after calling different stations for 3 days and not winning I am gonna be so depressed!!

I heard a bit of Magnificent on WZLX this morning when I was waiting for them to say to call in, even though I'm holding out for tomorrow to listen to anything but Boots. And I still didn't win :angry:

I'm glad to see that they're handling giving the tickets away the way that they are, not giving them out or announcing the location until much closer to next Wednesday. Personally, I think anybody caught trying to scalp their tickets should forfeit them.

im thinking this show will be in a bar not a club, maybe the (HARD ROCK CAFE)..or mabe the somerville theater....man i wish i could go to this show...

I'm glad to see that they're handling giving the tickets away the way that they are, not giving them out or announcing the location until much closer to next Wednesday. Personally, I think anybody caught trying to scalp their tickets should forfeit them.

Word.

Also, as cool as it would be at Paradise (and given the number of people that would be believable), its already booked. My guess is Roxy (unless there's a show there), or yeah Hard Rock or something.

Word.

Also, as cool as it would be at Paradise (and given the number of people that would be believable), its already booked. My guess is Roxy (unless there's a show there), or yeah Hard Rock or something.

Paradise Lounge not the Paradise Rock club.

Thedise.com

Its a smaller bar connected to The Paradise.

(edited)

wouldnt you know on the Paradise Lounge website all the links work except for the upcoming schedule.

Last edited:
Paradise Lounge not the Paradise Rock club.

Thedise.com

Its a smaller bar connected to The Paradise.

(edited)

wouldnt you know on the Paradise Lounge website all the links work except for the upcoming schedule.

The Paradise Lounge seems right. Obviously for nostalgic reasons but also if you look at their website, they have had other "intimate" performances with artists from stations WBOS and mix 985. Thw Whalers performing at the Paradise starts at 7pm, so maybe they'll be finishing up by 9pm for the U2 performance nearby.

....just sayin'

If it is the Paradise Lounge (which I really believe it is) and the Wailers are playing(billed as playing the album Exodus), literally, 10 feet away I think Bono would almost certainly have to come and join them for People Get Ready....I mean he did induct Bob Marley into the hall of fame after all

Could happen, the possibility would help the Wailers sell a few extra tix.

Of course if the U2 show is at the Hard Rock, then you have to see the Wailers with no chance of seeing U2 join them.:wink:

Could happen, the possibility would help the Wailers sell a few extra tix.

Of course if the U2 show is at the Hard Rock, then you have to see the Wailers with no chance of seeing U2 join them.:wink:

Its like buying a lottery ticket for $35. You might lose but if you win-you win BIG

The WBCN 104.1 contest begins at 4:15 today, you will have to call up and identify 2 second clips of tracks from the 1981 Paradise show. oy..

Does anyone have a boot of this show I can download and try to familiarize myself with ASAP?? Pretty please?

Does anyone have a boot of this show I can download and try to familiarize myself with ASAP?? Pretty please?

If you need to familiarize yourself with the songs then maybe the people who dont might be a little more deserving.

If you cant indentify these songs youre in trouble

11 O'Clock Tick Tock, An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, Another Time, Another Place, The Cry, The Electric Co. / Give Peace A Chance (snippet), Things To Make And Do, Twilight, I Will Follow
encores: 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, Out Of Control

If you need to familiarize yourself with the songs then maybe the people who dont might be a little more deserving.

If you cant indentify these songs youre in trouble

11 O'Clock Tick Tock, An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, Another Time, Another Place, The Cry, The Electric Co. / Give Peace A Chance (snippet), Things To Make And Do, Twilight, I Will Follow
encores: 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, Out Of Control

Yep, too bad I am occupied all day today w/ no radio. That is sHOULD BE A CAKEWALK for anyone on this site!

alison0313. I just want to say thanks for posting the radio stations doing the competitions. That was very kind fo you to compile them.
I think it would be a great competition on WBCN if they asked you to identify ALL of the 10 songs but that's just me :sexywink:

Hmm, that room seems really small for that capacity, but whatever, that's probably where it is.

Good luck everyone trying for the 2 second clips. The dj said the paradise show was 18 years ago :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom