Boots Subscribers of the World Unite!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All boots here! Caved in on the weekend! hoping there is still ga around in London tomorrow afternoon and have moved all meetings!!!

Boots here as well. Quick question: Have other Boots subscribers NOT yet received an email from U2.com about the Dublin presales? (I am wondering whether they will send it to me tomorrow, b/c that's when the Boots presale starts, or whether I'm just not going to get one....)

Thanks!! and good luck to all Boots subscribers!!

Couldn't take this anymore and became a Boots this morning :crazy:

I figured as I was already like a cat on a hot tin roof, I would have been climbing the walls by Friday :hyper: It made sense, but not to my purse :angry: :lol:

Boots here as well. Quick question: Have other Boots subscribers NOT yet received an email from U2.com about the Dublin presales? (I am wondering whether they will send it to me tomorrow, b/c that's when the Boots presale starts, or whether I'm just not going to get one....)

Thanks!! and good luck to all Boots subscribers!!

With you on that one Ally - I still haven't received an email from u2.com about the pre sale (although I have received many others so they do have my correct email info)

But my understanding is you only need you access code. Quite simply go to u2.com, sign in and go to the tours page. You will see the code on the left hand side half way down. When the time comes (tomorrow at 3pm) just copy it and then paste that code into ticketmaster when asked (actually on the buy your tickets page). Click on what tickets you want and press click on buy! It should be that simple (famous last words me thinks!!!) - Good luck buddy.

With you on that one Ally - I still haven't received an email from u2.com about the pre sale (although I have received many others so they do have my correct email info)

But my understanding is you only need you access code. Quite simply go to u2.com, sign in and go to the tours page. You will see the code on the left hand side half way down. When the time comes (tomorrow at 3pm) just copy it and then paste that code into ticketmaster when asked (actually on the buy your tickets page). Click on what tickets you want and press click on buy! It should be that simple (famous last words me thinks!!!) - Good luck buddy.

that's immensely helpful, thank you! :wave: keeping my fingers crossed for Wed... :)

no worries Ally - but here's a question for all us Boots - How many are there of us in the world and UK? Surely I am not the only one wondering. Is there anyway of telling from the access code or membership pack or indeed any other way? Any answers would be helpful (I think!!)

Was just a thought!

no worries Ally - but here's a question for all us Boots - How many are there of us in the world and UK? Surely I am not the only one wondering. Is there anyway of telling from the access code or membership pack or indeed any other way? Any answers would be helpful (I think!!)

Was just a thought!

I don't know how to tell, though it would be interesting to find out...

Here's the theory - You want to go and see u2 on this tour. You know it will sell out and you want 4 tix. The public sale will probably be mayham and a lottery to what tix you will get IF you can get on the ticket site at all and before it crashes!!

Seems to me joining the pre sale for 50 bucks (ie: 12 bucks a ticket extra on top of the public sale price) means you will get the tickets that will get you in to the show (of what kind who knows at this stage). Therfore would it follow that the Boots pre sale could actually turn into by deffacto a public sale or at least feel the same. As I understand it u2.com is still taking Boots subscriptions!! I know scalpers use this method of getting tickets by using multiple subscriptions and id's.

Anybody else sensing this, hopefully I am not scare mongering here and seriously not getting stressed with only 24 hours to go - NOT!!!

well, you could have a point. i do think that any U2 fan who is more than just "casual" will sign up for the presale option. so there will likely be a lot of fans in the Boots group-- scalpers, too, which is unfortunate. however, i am sure that there are way more people who want to get tickets to the show, who either don't know about the presale option (because they can't be bothered to go to U2.com and figure it out), or don't want to spend the extra $50 to get a membership. so, yeah, i agree that Boots sale is going to be competitive-- but hopefully not as bad as a general onsale! (Dublin 3 is going to be a nightmare, i think....)

I got Dublin 3 for the 27th, I am sure that is right. I believe it has already been announced on Dublin local radio last week.

No pre sale for Dublin 3 Alley but believe it or not ebay was (is) offering tickets for that date. I forget the price now but something in the region of a months mortgage payment of 1 ticket!!

No pre sale for Dublin 3 Alley but believe it or not ebay was (is) offering tickets for that date. I forget the price now but something in the region of a months mortgage payment of 1 ticket!!

:huh: ugh, scalpers...:madspit:.

good luck in your ticket quest, White Flag! :)

Right now there are about 37,000 total subscribers to u2.com. There are about 18,000 Horizon and Breathe members. So there are about 19,000 Boots members. Breathe is the smallest group.

Dublin 3 is announced? Any link?

Right now there are about 37,000 total subscribers to u2.com. There are about 18,000 Horizon and Breathe members. So there are about 19,000 Boots members. Breathe is the smallest group.

Dublin 3 is announced? Any link?

Again with numbers such as this, do you really think there are going to be decent tickets left on the afternoon of Day 2? I think the tix that will be left will not be any better than what you find during the public sale. In fact, I bet you have a better shot at GA tix during the public sale. Think about it, whatever GA's get alloted to U2.com will be purchased by the end of day one or in the morning of day 2. There will not be many GA's left in the afternoon of Day 2.

However, the public sale will have many GA's the minute the sale starts. The tiered system means that it only makes sense to join if you get access to the presale the first day. Everyone else is really just throwing their money away - assuming GA's have not been allotted to provided everyone a shot.

Again with numbers such as this, do you really think there are going to be decent tickets left on the afternoon of Day 2? I think the tix that will be left will not be any better than what you find during the public sale. In fact, I bet you have a better shot at GA tix during the public sale. Think about it, whatever GA's get alloted to U2.com will be purchased by the end of day one or in the morning of day 2. There will not be many GA's left in the afternoon of Day 2.

However, the public sale will have many GA's the minute the sale starts. The tiered system means that it only makes sense to join if you get access to the presale the first day. Everyone else is really just throwing their money away - assuming GA's have not been allotted to provided everyone a shot.

Hmmmm. Maybe U2 isn't allotting a certain number of GAs to the presales, and is instead letting presale members get whatever they want (until GAs sell out)? I dunno if they'd do that, b/c they do like to give everyone an equal shot. But, I dunno, could be the benefit of paying the extra $50? :hmm:

Notice they now have in black, bold letters at the subscription page the following:

Please be aware that while tickets are available at all price levels, all tickets are offered on a first come first served basis. Due to capacity limits, there is no guarantee that the price level or venue you are seeking will be available.

This was not up originally when I first checked U2.com out in early February. I wonder if they already know that the "Boots" subscribers are going to left with the slim pickings. Nevertheless, I'm tempted to pay anyway b/c I basically have no life, no kids, no responsibilities, and have the money to burn. It's the principle of being duped into giving my money to that bloody site and getting nothing good out of it or better than what I would get through Live Nation which has kept me from joining up until now.

Remembers those number are for every venue, not just a single venue. And there is a limit of 4 tickets per member. So I think if you're quick @ 3pm tomorrow you'll get whatever tickets you want.

It doesn't seem like anyone had a problem today. The sites weren't even bogged down, leading me to believe that a limited number of tickets were sold this morning. And an even smaller number will be sold tomorrow morning and then the rest for the BOOTS.

Welp, I bit the bullet and subscribed. I figured I get the Double CD I wanted anyway legally without downloading it, the 25% coupon on a new shirt, and a crack at tickets before the public heathens.

Remembers those number are for every venue, not just a single venue. And there is a limit of 4 tickets per member. So I think if you're quick @ 3pm tomorrow you'll get whatever tickets you want.

It doesn't seem like anyone had a problem today. The sites weren't even bogged down, leading me to believe that a limited number of tickets were sold this morning. And an even smaller number will be sold tomorrow morning and then the rest for the BOOTS.

I am with you on this one XBL_AchtungBaby - No way is u2.com going to take your hard earned and leave you in a pre sale high and dry with you'll get what your given attitude. There in the business of creating fan loyalty not destroying it!

When the bell chimes 3pm tomorrow for us Boots I am sure there will be ample number of tickets left for whatever price tier you want to pay at which ever show including GA's. I would say fingers crossed but I am sure we all won't need it!!

I suppose it all depends on which shows fans are using their pre-sales for... Only a few hardcore fans would be able to afford to come to Europe/US for their concerts.

pretty sure that is a good call! the alternative seems a bit risky to me

Yeah, it probably is. I should have kept up my subscription, but didn't see the point after last tour. I kept thinking that with the money I saved by not subscribing every year, I could pay scalpers/buy off of eBay, and still be ahead. I obviously cried uncle in this little battle of ticket buying wits, and I'll be a little irritated if I don't get GAs out of it this time, but I figure at the very least it should help for getting tickets in '10, too.

You won this time, U2.com. :madwife:

Yeah, it probably is. I should have kept up my subscription, but didn't see the point after last tour. I kept thinking that with the money I saved by not subscribing every year, I could pay scalpers/buy off of eBay, and still be ahead. I obviously cried uncle in this little battle of ticket buying wits, and I'll be a little irritated if I don't get GAs out of it this time, but I figure at the very least it should help for getting tickets in '10, too.

You won this time, U2.com. :madwife:

You'll breeze GA's no worries. seems like there is alot of tension and stress on here but I think the reality is you will get what you want. I would wish you good luck but honestly think you will not need it

What has been the experiences of boots subscribers for the presales that have already happened? Did they get GA's? I gave in just so I can get some tickets, though I doubt by Day 2 in the afternoon there is anything good left. Everyone all happy are Horizon subscribers who go their beloved GA's. That seems to be the measuring stick. Sure there will be tickets for us boots, but what kind?

What has been the experiences of boots subscribers for the presales that have already happened? Did they get GA's? I gave in just so I can get some tickets, though I doubt by Day 2 in the afternoon there is anything good left. Everyone all happy are Horizon subscribers who go their beloved GA's. That seems to be the measuring stick. Sure there will be tickets for us boots, but what kind?

In the Amsterdam, Gothenburg, and Milan presales, I noticed Boots subscribers were having good luck getting GAs. Here's hoping that luck holds this week!

I'll let you know at 3.10pm tomorrow but I suspect you will get pretty good tix (ie what you are after all long!) - at least you will not have the stress of waiting til friday and server over load when they go on public sale! got to be worth 50 bucks. killing me now that tix are on sale and I can not access them yet until tomorrow, i would never get to friday!!!

I'm buying tickets for a North American show....either Chicago or New York. The fact there is only show per city bothers me. I just look at it as I have one crack at the presale, and the same crack at tickets I'd have in the general sale.

Back
Top Bottom