Best Use of a GA ticket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best Use of a GA Ticket

• Front Row Inside the Pit

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Middle of the Pit

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Back of the Pit

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Front Row Outside the Pit

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • By the Soundboard

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters
if im in the pit i think any palce would be nice. "AHHH beerrr"
Last time i went for vertigo 2nd row outside the out rail. I could not walk to union station after the show. My poor toes and aching feet.

PS: what is the cost of beer at the DOME. is it as expensive as the ACC

I think the best spot based on what I have heard above is something not mentioned yet. Its inside the pit, but on the side, against the back rail. Should be better than the red zone, plus, there is more room and its easier to come and go for drinks, food, bathroom, etc. Basically, it offers the best combination of close proximity to the band as well as comfort and space.

That is where I went for Dublin 1 and I had these French fans in front of me who kept bumping into us and sitting down and there big backpacks took up a lot of space. We were on the back rail in the pit between Edge and Bono. It was hard to take pics because of everyone putting there hands up and jumping up and down

i have a question?
one you are inside the pit, can you go out to get a beer and do a washroom run during snow patrol???

That depends on what your ultimate objective is ;)

If you want to maintain that nice rail spot.......no way you can leave to do anything. You get that spot and you hold onto it for dear life not moving one bit.

If you are in the middle or off to the side of the pit......sure, you can do all of that and I noticed people doing so quite often.

Otherwise, limit your liquid intake at around noon, take your last bathroom/washroom/toilet/pisser break right before they let you through the turnstiles and hold on tightly for the rest of the evening.....lol :lol:

That is where I went for Dublin 1 and I had these French fans in front of me who kept bumping into us and sitting down and there big backpacks took up a lot of space. We were on the back rail in the pit between Edge and Bono. It was hard to take pics because of everyone putting there hands up and jumping up and down

Actually, the position I was think of would have you to the side of the Edge or to the side of Adam, when they are in their normal positions. You would not be between Edge and Bono or Bono an Adam as they would put you to far into the enclosed area.

I'm thinking of a completely side view of the Edge or maybe even a slightly side/rear view of the Edge. In that position, you should have some room based on the pictures I have seen. It should be on the edge of the crowd that is in the enclosed area on either Edge's side or Adam's side.

People putting their hands up and jumping up and down is normal and would be unusual if that were not happening, especially in the enclosed area. That is something you would get on the floor at any show, no matter the set up.

I think the key here is finding a spot where you have a little space, not much, but a little. On the Elevation tour, it was so easy to move around the whole place inside the Heart. The only place where people bunched together was right up against the stage or the rail.

They jam the pit....seriously. You literally cannot move at all....
I confirm this. I was lucky to have friends around me, otherwise it would be really too hard, especially before the show started (the music has this uplifting effect, you know)

my friend, who's a thin and short girl, advised to put a ball half-filled with air between the rail and yourself, she said this kind of protects from being squashed when pressed to the rail... I haven't tried this though.

my friend, who's a thin and short girl, advised to put a ball half-filled with air between the rail and yourself, she said this kind of protects from being squashed when pressed to the rail... I haven't tried this though.

That's an interesting idea.....I could have used that for my son. Next time ;)

I confirm this. I was lucky to have friends around me, otherwise it would be really too hard, especially before the show started (the music has this uplifting effect, you know)

Now THAT is the truth! There were many moments when we just got into the pit and before U2 came on that after us queuing since 6am that we were just going to throw it all in and go off to the side of the pit. But we just kept on going.......keeping the eye on the prize violet, the eye on the prize ;)

Once the band came on it all became totally worth it and I would have been so pissed off if I actually gave in and left the center, back rail of the pit when it became tempting to. It was a mental exercise there........

There were many moments when we just got into the pit and before U2 came on that after us queuing since 6am that we were just going to throw it all in and go off to the side of the pit.
well, I was even tempted not to go to GA for my second show, to sleep longer and to try to sell my ticket and grab a seat... and I would likely have enjoyed the show more then, because I was really tired and could barely stand, but I did go and got the setlist )) :D even though I wasn't in the circle, :D it paid off this way...

That is quite a reward indeed!

As I was thanking the security guard (Derek?) for all his help that evening, I had noticed someone near me getting the setlist. Nice grab!

Back
Top Bottom