All (RED) Zone / VIP Tickets Discussion HERE Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah the red zone experience is really like the band plays in your living room... You see it all. You see even some small mistakes, you can feel when they loose little bit of momentum but you get the best fucking ULTRA VIOLET ever... Man, Bono just screamed that out ... Same as One ... very special.

enjoy it while they are here...

AWESOME
:hyper:

there is another red zone auction up right now for the dublin shows
see you in RZ1 for Friday night

That's bizarre that they're starting the auctions again at the base price. It doesn't seem fair to those who paid higher prices in the first auction. Maybe they didn't sell enough the first time. Wonder if they'll run additional auctions in the US. Luckily, I paid only about $5 over the starting price for mine.

Picked up a Red Zone ticket for Croke Park Mon night in the auction today for 95 euro,Bargain me thinks.

Picked up a Red Zone ticket for Croke Park Mon night in the auction today for 95 euro,Bargain me thinks.

according to yahoo!, that's $135 american...not bad.

That's bizarre that they're starting the auctions again at the base price. It doesn't seem fair to those who paid higher prices in the first auction. Maybe they didn't sell enough the first time. Wonder if they'll run additional auctions in the US. Luckily, I paid only about $5 over the starting price for mine.

i'd like to see auctions pop up again for the american shows.

-dan

U2 Red Zone Amsterdam 20 July

Hi everyone,

Nice blog here. Thanks to all of you who posted some useful tips already. Hope my tips below will help the rest of you a little! :D

Here's my experience. I went to the Amsterdam ArenA concert with my wife on 20 July (yesterday).

There were 2 Red Zones, both contained 150 people (so a total of 300). Cameras were unfortunately not allowed so I had to take mine back to the car :reject:.

The concert was absolutely great, the sound was unbelievable (especially considered that the Amsterdam ArenA is reputed to have a horrible echoing sound (I've been at U2 concerts at the ArenA before and believe me, it was very bad last time U2 showed up in 2005). No problems whatsoever this time though!

We were in zone 2 and this means we received our tickets, a accompanying letter and "gold" wristbands. In zone 1, the wristbands were pink. You collect the tickets at the general ticket office which is located to the right of the main entrance (if you're standing with your back to the stadium). Entering the stadium was easy... we could see crowds of people running to gain a good spot before we were allowed to join the fun :hyper:
There is a "private" entrance to the Red Zone, which is the same one the people lucky enough to be within the catwalk can use. Toilets were only available to Red Zone users. Very handy! And yes there are some seats to the side. Don't expect much from the merchandise stand, there were 3 different shirts available. But we spent our money anyway! :sexywink:

We could get within the outer part of the catwalk (by this I mean the inner circle... don't know how people call it here) without any problems, but it didn't take us long to find out that the view from the Red Zone was a lot better. Don't know if it would have been possible to get deeper within the catwalk and didn't really bother to try.

The merchandise stayed on until after the Snow Patrol gig which was terrific. I couldn't believe this was the same -shy- band we saw when they were also a U2 support act back in 2005! Anyway after the merchandise stand disappears this is definitely a good spot to see U2. You're can look right at the middle of the stage. But we stayed close to the other side and were very lucky that the moving "bridge" ended at our place often. Thus, we got to see a lot of Adam (he kept playing just in front of us at least during 4 songs)! Edge was on the run the whole time although he did pass by us twice. Bono mostly stayed in the middle of the stage; during one song Larry had a mobile drum and he played just in front of us as well for a little while. Bono thanked the Red Zone audience for being so generous with their bids :applaud:

The bridge was blocking our view of the central stage from time to time, but you can't have it all :D

The songs were great, some nice surprises like Ultraviolet and Unforgettable Fire (well not totally a surprise since I read the other posts before we went to the gig)! Especially the laser suit Bono has on when Ultraviolet kicks off was really impressive. I'm still amazed at all the new innovative ideas the U2 crew keep coming up with!!! The giant screen was also another thing only U2 are capable of. It moved up and down from time to time, making it appear like an enormous disco ball (or whatever)!

My wife was impressed as well. Seeing the band up close is special in itself, but the whole Red Zone concept is something we would definitely like to do again! We paid € 160 for each ticket and it was really worth it! (We spoke to other people and they paid about the same price; tickets for 21 July went for only € 100). The only disadvantage I can think of is that there were some people within the Red Zone who didn't seem to care that much about U2. I would have expected bigger fans around considering the ticket price :angry:

Anyway .... have fun all of you if you still have a show ahead! And if you have any questions just put a post on this site

greetings from Holland!!

Hi all,

Went to the 20 July show in the Amsterdam ArenA and believe me: the Red Zone tickets were definitely worth the money!

hello jerone and welcome

thank you for your review

one question: what kind of camera did you have? was it a video camera or a regular camera?

-dan

I am quite happy as I got RZ for Dublin 3 today for 105 euro, 10 euro ov er what i needed to pay but bid a bit high as i was not able to get on a PC to rebid if my bid was outbid.

I shall investigate the space created by the merch stand when it is removed

hi Dan,

Thanks for your question. I was stupid enough to take a large 25x10 cm videocamera with me. No chance to smuggle that into the stadium. Nevertheless it was worth the try... some women were not searched thoroughly as there were only male security around. Nevertheless it might be possible to get a small (compact) photocamera inside of the stadium. Right before us was a woman who put her (compact) photocamera inside of the sleeve of her jacket and wrapped that around her waist. Good luck with that!!

greetings,
Jeroen

hello jerone and welcome

thank you for your review

one question: what kind of camera did you have? was it a video camera or a regular camera?

-dan

How early do you have to show up to get a rail spot in Red Zone? Also is Red Zone 2 on Adam's or Edge's side? Thanks.

Hi, doors in Amsterdam opened around 6 PM. There was a small line of about 40 people waiting. Total capacity is 150 people. First people stood against the rails during the Snow Patrol gig, but even if you stay seated there will only be a maximum of 2 people in front of you when the U2 show starts. There is a LOT of space in the Red Zone!! :hyper:

We were in zone 2, in our case Adam was standing on our side. Edge tends to move around quickly and doesn't stay at one place for a long time. Adam however played on and around both "bridges" many times. Bono used the bridge once to sort of reach out for the crowd that was standing below him (in the catwalk area).

Have fun!

greetings,
Jeroen

i got an email from ticketmaster witha diagram-
RZ1 dublin is still edges side
RZ2 is adams

Hi, in that case it might be a standard thing. Amsterdam had exactly the same division (Adam closest to the RZ2, and Edge mostly on the other side of the stage). We couldn't see as far as RZ1 though.

In our case, U2 went over to the back of the stage (so to the people seated behind the stage). They got a lot of applause for that!

enjoy the show... too bad they didn't sell Guinness in Amsterdam... that would truly have given a "it really doesn't get any better than this" feeling!! :D

Great review, Jeroenvanberkom -- much appreciated! Sounds like I made the right choice in bidding on the Red Zone a few months back.

Question about seated tickets

Hi,

I'm new so hope I'm posting in the right area. I have never been to any concerts and my husband has won 2 VIP packages with his work. (I'm over the moon :) )We're travelling from Belfast for the Sheffield concert on 20th Aug. We have seated tickets (they haven't arrived yet from his head office). My question is - has any one been to any of the previous concert with a VIP package ticket, if so did you have to arrive early for a good seat or are the seats allocated? Our flight arrives in the morning at about 11 but I've read about people queueing from 7.30am.

Thanks for reading x

seats are pretty much always assigned (especially vip packages i quess). You don't have to be there aerly. That's one of the advantages of seats. Queing (spelled wrong i quess lol) is for the GA area where you have to be early to be in front

You picked a hell of a show for a first concert :drool:...Have fun (i'm absolutely positive you will)

seats are pretty much always assigned (especially vip packages i quess). You don't have to be there aerly. That's one of the advantages of seats. Queing (spelled wrong i quess lol) is for the GA area where you have to be early to be in front

You picked a hell of a show for a first concert :drool:...Have fun (i'm absolutely positive you will)

Thanks for reply, that's put my mind at rest - dreaded the thought of legging it from the airport to the stadium. Can't wait only 25 days til Sheffield!!!:yippie:

congratulations to you and your husband!!! :applaud:

please stay on this forum until your show and after your show, we would love to hear how much of a fun time you had.

-dan

Question. Where do I pick up red zone tickets for tonight? Is it on North Circular Rd?

Box Office Information
If you selected Box Office Collection, your tickets will be available for collection on the day of the concert. The box office will be open from 12:00 and will be located opposite Gills pub on the corner of North Circular road and Jones Road. Please bring the credit/debit card used to purchase the tickets in addition to the Ticketmaster reference number as proof of purchase.

congratulations to you and your husband!!! :applaud:

please stay on this forum until your show and after your show, we would love to hear how much of a fun time you had.

-dan

Will do DRay, I would have loved to have went to the Dublin concert though, apparently Dublin nearly came to a stand-still! But I've heard that Sheffield is the smallest stadium on the tour so it'll make the claw look even more impressive. Seriously I'm like a kid at xmas, can't wait!!:happydance:

Was in Red Zone for 2 of Croke Park concerts. Best way to see U2. Does anyone know if some of these will be auctioned again near the time for Wembley as happened for Croke Park?

Last edited:
Hi All,
Just a quick review from all 3 concerts at Croke Park as I was very happy to receive info from this thread prior to concerts.
Red Zone 2 on Friday night was excellent as band members including Bono came over many times from the bridge, Red Zone 1 on Saturday was not as good, Bono only stayed a few seconds, Red Zone 2 on Monday was a little better, Bono came over 2 times.
The view of the stage is side-on but not that far, you find yourself looking at the band members in the flesh more that on the big screen, which is a good thing I suppose!!!
Plenty of room, get in at 6pm, choice of spots on the rail, even by 7pm could get a rail spot, never more that 3 or 4 people from the rail what ever your arrival time, no Q for toilets or the bar (even in Ireland lol).
Security not strict on Flags or cameras, easy to bring a good camera in.
If it rains heavy, expect to get wet, red zone is not covered at all.
Ticket pick-up is straight forward, booking credit card is all that's required, didn't bring my passport 2nd night... it's possible to purchase red zone tickets on day before or day of the concerts by willing sellers.
Pit and red zone people can mix at the bar, but have different wrist bands for concert areas although I did manage to get into the pit on Fri night, same from pit to red zone, depends if they check or not during a busy time. The red zone has a better view of band members on outer circle catwalk, as band face the front, the pit is way more packed, if you're too close, the view isn't great (looking up), best spot in the pit is central which the red zone cannot achieve.
Another great spot is central on the rail outside the outer circle, best view of the stage, close to walkabout band members, only drawback is cannot leave your spot for a drink or the toilet.
Croke Park was only 270 deg, so there was a little feeling of emptiness in the red zone, other venues should be better.
Conclusion: If you like a drink, hanging out between performances, no hassle toilet facilities, arriving late, close to stage, very close to band members when they walkabout (10 to 15 feet) same price as some seated tickets, pregnant, very old or very young, you will enjoy the red zone experience. Side-on view is only complaint that prevents perfection.
This is general info as other venues will have different experiences. Band were great all 3 nights, especially Sat night. Check out my view from Red zone 2 on Friday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SbpYmOtbp0 Enjoy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom