All (RED) Zone / VIP Tickets Discussion HERE Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience in Barca 2 about Red Zone:

.-The vision of show is GREAT.
.-Bono not stop in RZ (I´m speaking about my experience)
.- Adam and Larry stop in front of me for a little seconds during show, also Edge, but him always is running.
.-MOST IMPORTANT: Here in Barcelona you can get into golden circle with red zone tickets. If you entry to stadium when doors open you can get a good row into golden circle.

I think that for this tour, RZ are the better tickets that you can buy.

If you get to be in golden , the best location is frot of stage on the rail, even i think that the best location is outside golden front stage on the rail.

:wave:

Thanks for the review FLYING U2! That's really cool if they let you into the inner circle too. :pray:

It's funny the people that have commented that there are fewer people in the RZ and they think somehow this detracts from the experience. Personally, after paying $800 for RZ1 in Toronto (and that was for the cheaper ones - those with a tour went for over $1300!) I think a little air circulation and ability to move around is great and it doesn't detract from anyone's experience whatsoever. Face it - it's going for a good cause and the band don't mind allowing you to enjoy the experience. Those who line up all night with their $50 GA tickets can live like sardines for at least 6 hours in the golden circle. We all are there to see the band and we'll all have an equally great time!

heh it's like the story of the fox and the grapes... "nah... i bet those grapes are sour" haha

it did look pretty empty on some of the photos from Barcelona, but i bet it would be nice to have the space to move around without getting squished... depends what people want from their concert experience... some people like a more serene experience and some like the intensity and energy of crowd surges and things...

BARCELONA 30 JUNE 2009

TICKET: GENERAL ADMISION
LINE: 17 HOURS IN LINE (SLEEPING OUT STADIUM)
PICTURE FROM INSIDE CIRCLE TAKE FROM ME:
url]

BARCELONA 2 JULY 2009
TICKET: RED ZONE 2 (ADAM SIDE)
LINE: NO LINE :ENTRY STADIUM 8:00 PM (SLEEPING IN MY HOME:D)
PICTURE FROM RED ZONE TAKE FROM ME
url]

RED ZONE IS GREAT!!!

And repeat MOST IMPORTANT, here in Barcelona you can get a position inside circle with RZ tickets.

if you log into your ticketmaster account for the auction, you were assigned a section (GA1 or GA2) and seat numbers.

there will be seats in the RZ for people to relax before the show, but i'm sure they will be removed as it gets closer to showtime.

-dan

My RZ tickets say GA4.

Anyone know if that is Edge side, or Adam side? Or do you get to choose?

My experience in Barca 2 about Red Zone:

.-The vision of show is GREAT.
.-Bono not stop in RZ (I´m speaking about my experience)
.- Adam and Larry stop in front of me for a little seconds during show, also Edge, but him always is running.
.-MOST IMPORTANT: Here in Barcelona you can get into golden circle with red zone tickets. If you entry to stadium when doors open you can get a good row into golden circle.

I think that for this tour, RZ are the better tickets that you can buy.

If you get to be in golden , the best location is frot of stage on the rail, even i think that the best location is outside golden front stage on the rail.

BARCELONA 30 JUNE 2009

TICKET: GENERAL ADMISION
LINE: 17 HOURS IN LINE (SLEEPING OUT STADIUM)
PICTURE FROM INSIDE CIRCLE TAKE FROM ME:
a%3E

BARCELONA 2 JULY 2009
TICKET: RED ZONE 2 (ADAM SIDE)
LINE: NO LINE :ENTRY STADIUM 8:00 PM (SLEEPING IN MY HOME:D)
PICTURE FROM RED ZONE TAKE FROM ME
a%3E

RED ZONE IS GREAT!!!

And repeat MOST IMPORTANT, here in Barcelona you can get a position inside circle with RZ tickets.

thank you so much flyingu2 for your review. i do have one question: when you got to your RZ section, were there already many people? was it difficult to get a good spot?

My RZ tickets say GA4.

Anyone know if that is Edge side, or Adam side? Or do you get to choose?

according to the USA seating charts, there is only RZ1 and RZ2....what show is your RZ ticket for? i do not think you get to choose.

Any reports on the backstage tour from anyone who won one in the Red Zone Auction?
I won 1 of the 10 available for the Glasgow concert.
Cheers

congrats steingor!

-dan

Red Zone for (L.A) Rose Bowl Tickets

In L.A. for Rose Bowl - for Red Zone - Ticketmaster shows 'Red Zone 1' on my print out. Hope this helps - I have never seen U2 and I'm very excited to witness this event! -ld:up:

I'm really glad I bought a few RZ tickets, after seeing it, it's definitely the place to be if you don't want the hassle of camping out to get a great spot.

I would also like to know more about VIP. My friend and I have VIP for Amsterdam1 and I am curious to hear about people's experiences

thank you so much flyingu2 for your review. i do have one question: when you got to your RZ section, were there already many people? was it difficult to get a good spot?

I went inside stadium at 8:00 pm, doors open at 5:00 pm. Only about 30 or 40 people in RZ. I get a good spot easily.
There is a part of RZ that is closed until show is going to begin. Its the zone of the leg, is closed because when crew is going to erect stage from U2, three canions of light descend to floor and then crew go inside and they are up to the leg of claw, then this zone is open and people run to get a good spot in this part of RZ.

Here in Barcelona the stand of mecandhise in RZ is poor, only a few T-shirts and tour book. If you have the luck that t-shirt you like is there, you dont have to be in line in the mercandise stands outside stadium.

And for the people that is going to be in GA, the best spot to see the show is inside or even (in my opinion ,outside) inner circle front stage on the rail.

Sorry for my bad English

GA space behind the RZ

The same will no doubt occur in many NA stadiums where the claw is in the outfield of the baseball diamond, for e.g., Toronto. There is huge amounts of room behind and around where the seating diagram shows the claw being setup.

Did I understand correctly that RED zone bracelets were given out to people waiting in line?

OK well, I was on San Siro on Wednesday. It was my first ever U2 show. I'm glad I went but I don't think I will do it again, unless they come to my country. Now, I must admit that I like thir music, but I am definately not a U2 worshipper. And I guess you need to be a really BIG fan of a group to really enjoy it live. I don't know yet why but I was kind of disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high... I don't really know.

About Red Zone:
We went about half an hour early and there were about 60-80, maybe a hundred people already in, most were at the racks, so we got seats. Seats were folded though before U2 went on stage, but there was plenty of space on the ground if you wanted to sit down, which noone wanted :) I had a spot on the rack, towards the far end of the rail. Edge came our way once, Adam twice, Bono once. Most of the time they were on mainstage, several times facing the back of the stage.

I wasn't very happy with the sound either. It sounded blurred quite often. I don't know, maybe it's always like that in a live show... remember, it's my first experience.

Camcorders were allowed in. Water and food with no limitations, too. People from RZ in Milan were not allowed to go into inner circle back and forth. So if you want a good RZ spot, I suggest you go early, take a seat and once people start coming, stand up and go to the racks.

I did really enjoy several songs. I liked the techno version of Crazy Tonight and the inclusion of D. Tutu's speech. The show itself of course was great, lights and everything. But it seemed to me that Bono lacked the passion I've seen him perform with on other occasions... Or maybe it's the difference between video and live, I don't really know.

Sorry if this sounded negative, it's not, but that's the way it felt. I see you are all big fans of the group and I guess it will be different for you. Last year I went to see my favourite band Delirious? and they're not a very big band and they don't put up large custom made stages... but I liket it better.

So, my final word is: in a live show what matters most is... you. If you feel the songs and can sing them from your heart, you will enjoy the show, no matter the surroundings. :up:

p.s. One last advice: forget your cameras at home. Or take a few pictures of the stage, the stadium and yourself and then put it in your pocket and forget about it. Enjoy the music and the show. There are plenty of pictures of the group in the web and it was ugly to me how everyone was trying to take pictures of Bono instead of trying to look him in the eyes and interact with him. And I know the temptation to take pictures is great. How do I know... um, guess. Good thing my camera went out of power.

hi there,

how do you collect the RZ tickets? I got a letter\voucher looking thing for Berlin next week. Wonder how do you exchange it for the actual ticket...? Actually got two vouchers, each should be for a pair of tickets... Was bit of a hassle, had to put my german's friend address to get it proccessed... He is not making it to the gig, so just hope we will be allowed to get in with that piece of paper that I got now in my hands...

Any experience? Anyone...

b/w been to Milano - seating. Was excellent.

hi there,

how do you collect the RZ tickets? I got a letter\voucher looking thing for Berlin next week. Wonder how do you exchange it for the actual ticket...? Actually got two vouchers, each should be for a pair of tickets... Was bit of a hassle, had to put my german's friend address to get it proccessed... He is not making it to the gig, so just hope we will be allowed to get in with that piece of paper that I got now in my hands...

Any experience? Anyone...

b/w been to Milano - seating. Was excellent.
We were there a day early so we went the day before to exchange our voucher for the actual ticket and wristband. If you go the same day, our letter said we could collect our tickets between 3 and 6 pm - you go to the ticket desks (there was no line there when we went) and you give them your letter/voucher and they give you the real thing. Is your name on the purchase or your friend's name? You could write to the people who sent you the letter/voucher and tell them about your situation.

I'm not sure it's so much that camcorders are allowed in, as much as it appears there has been 0 security presence in Barcelona and Milan.

There were quite a few people with camcorders around me in Barcelona, but then again it didn't seem there was any security to be found in that stadium.

Huh, what?
Where did you hear/read that?

I'm thinking from your response I misunderstood a post at (I think it was) U2gigs. when someone posted they were giving out RED bracelets. They must have had RED tixs then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom