Oteha Valley Road, Tāmaki-makau-rau, Te Ika-a-Māui Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sydney derby in the WBBL has gone to a super over! I've never actually watched a game, men's or women's, that has gone to a super over before. On the rare occasions it has happened, I've been out.

The Sydney derby in the WBBL has gone to a super over! I've never actually watched a game, men's or women's, that has gone to a super over before. On the rare occasions it has happened, I've been out.

I am still shocked at the number of NRL games I've seen go to extra time - in person. The best one was ever so slightly concluded by a try right in front of me in the final minute of extra time. Luckily the girlfriend de jour was light enough to pick up and hug.

I am still shocked at the number of NRL games I've seen go to extra time - in person. The best one was ever so slightly concluded by a try right in front of me in the final minute of extra time. Luckily the girlfriend de jour was light enough to pick up and hug.

This is because I don't follow the NRL. Extra time, super overs, etc. only happen when I'm not watching. If the people at Wollongong somehow do what Queensland could not and indoctrinate me into league, I promise you that games going into extra time will become rare as fucking hen's teeth.

I keep forgetting American public transport is even worse than Australia's.
at least here, you can take a bus from the airport (or anywhere else) to pretty much anywhere you need to go. it gets sparse once you get out to the burbs, but you wouldn't have to walk for an hour to take a bus to our apartment, for example, even though we're not downtown.

Then again I'm sure we watched the biggest rarity - an AFL Grand Final replay.

Yep, something that happened just three times ever, and will never happen again thanks to a stupid fucking rule change from people who don't seem to think the chance of an extra week of footy is a good thing.

at least here, you can take a bus from the airport (or anywhere else) to pretty much anywhere you need to go. it gets sparse once you get out to the burbs, but you wouldn't have to walk for an hour to take a bus to our apartment, for example, even though we're not downtown.

People act as if buses in the US are hives of scum and villainy, but I presume that isn't to be taken seriously because you hear only somewhat toned-down talk here and I've rarely encountered difficulties - in terms of passengers anyway. Reliability? On-time running? Ha ha ha.

I've lived in the suburb in US, that's not where the good public transport is.

However, public transport in Japan is pretty great. well, except for the crowdedness, of course.

Japan, a few other East/SE Asian countries, and most of Europe have their shit sorted when it comes to public transport.

Can somebody please kill Slats and Heals, or at least take their mics away? They're now crapping on about Lynn as a "hitting batsman". What, as opposed to all those batsmen who try to score runs by not hitting the ball?

Ian, you voted for 11 O'clock Tick Tock?

It's been nice knowing you, mate.

Really only one show for Dublin?

Still trying to sort my shit out and maybe hit the West Coast shows in the US. Wife/Fear of flying/Money pending.

We have two barbecues and are considering a charcoal grill too. Because what a bunch of late 20s and early 30s pissheads need is more fire.

This can only end well! I await the North Shore being cleansed by fire.

Really only one show for Dublin?

Still trying to sort my shit out and maybe hit the West Coast shows in the US. Wife/Fear of flying/Money pending.

I know, what the fuck.

Good luck man. I've got Berlin sorted, and hopefully London will resolve itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom