Kaikoura, Te Wai Pounamu, Aotearoa (Kia Kaha, Aroha to all) Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be so sad when I leave Melbourne, you know. The local music scene is so damn good and the last couple of years I've really managed to become a fixture of the shoegaze portion of it. I now just show up at gigs without worrying about whether I know anybody going, because somebody I know will be there for sure. It remains the scene that celebrates itself.

Remember when a bottle of red left me singing Crowded House lyrics to the Superthread?

Wish I was that much of a cheap drunk these days.

Froghurt and aurora borealis are the two best Simpsons scenes.

Come at me.

Good man.

You know the scene I think of practically every day though? "Dial 1-800-DOCTORB. The B is for Bargain!"

Oh good, we've got lurkers again. I wish they'd register and say hey.

Another I use all the fucking time is "you're living in the past, [relevant name]. Quit living in the past!"

i put together a sofa and chair and somehow stayed up until 8 am.

i miss weed. i can't believe it was easier to find in huntsville than austin. i shouldn't have to be contemplating turning to the dark web or wanting to buy mass quantities when we go back to visit the fam for chrimbus.

After four nights of the Crowdies followed by one of Angel Olsen, I can't believe I have any legs left.

i put together a sofa and chair and somehow stayed up until 8 am.

LIVING THE LIFE.

I hope at least an hour of that staying up was to enjoy them being super comfortable.

i miss weed. i can't believe it was easier to find in huntsville than austin. i shouldn't have to be contemplating turning to the dark web or wanting to buy mass quantities when we go back to visit the fam for chrimbus.

Well now we know what to get you for Christmas.

I don't even know if I could....

The third night/fourth morning was when it hurt the most. By Angel Olsen I was starting to get some fitness into them. Maybe I should do this more often. :lol:

Last edited:
That reminds me, I remember reading a fascinating book around sixteen-seventeen years ago called 'I Was A Teenage Fascist', about a fellow who, if memory serves me, actually was involved with Eric Butler as a, well, teenager. I got the sense that this world held a certain rock n' roll allure for a particular kind of lonely, precocious boy.

It was all sort of his trip to the dark side and lots of badly-photocopied pamphlets in dingy back rooms, and waking up one day and realising he didn't really have anything against the Indian taxi driver taking him home or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom