In this topic we will all "talk" with our regional accents...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ay oop love. Tha talk reet peculiar int t'other parts of t'world dunt thee? Especially that Wessie ardball-A cant fathom a word e's saying!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

(If you really are ill ardball, then get well soon!)

Today was rather breezy, who could have forseen such alarming weather

UberBeaver said:

I've met peepul frum Manchestuh and dey shur as shit didn't tawk like dat.

LOL i know , was making a point that english people speak proper lol.

As the officially 'common' English person of Interference I feel obliged to reply:

Can ay not 'av a cuppa char Wayne love?

:wink:

ALL yorkshire accents are great! And at least you have an accent.. we in the midlands don't! :(

Yi's all think it's "pahk the cah in havahd yahd" but yeh all say it wrong and look like re-re's. An while yehr oveh thehe when yeh go teh Hehrell's make sure yeh know what yeh gettin when yeh awdeh a milkshake, cuz I think yeh wanted a frappe. Oh and can we remembeh that it's fuckin' jimmies? Yeh wieahdos ah always sayin sprinkles like it's drizzlin a little out. Speakin a rain, Ah'm goin down cellah teh check on the pump.

Last edited:
Varitek said:
Yi's all think it's "pahk the cah in havahd yahd" but yeh all say it wrong and look like re-re's. An while yehr oveh thehe when yeh go teh Hehrell's make sure yeh know what yeh gettin when yeh awdeh a milkshake, cuz I think yeh wanted a frappe. Oh and can we remembeh that it's fuckin' jimmies? Yeh wieahdos ah always sayin sprinkles like it's drizzlin a little out. Speakin a rain, Ah'm goin down cellah teh check on the pump.

Friggin' brilliant. I luv Clevlin acksents!

PS - Goooo SAWXXXX!

partygirlvox said:

:lol: I care for a cup of earl grey, darling!

:happy: Digestive?

when i was talking to Babydoll before she went to the Hawaii concert, she said i say 'foon' instead of 'fun', and and i say long 'loooooove' instead of saying it as 'luv' :lol: :cute:
and Carmel, who was with her, said i sound like young Adam. she kept asking me to say 'splendid' a lot :D

Youse peepull and yur treds......im gunna go opun my draw and get my plane ticket out...I'm goin to Youston on a friggin plane.....wut am i doin in youston??.....nun of yer friggin bizness......and why do I tawk like dis if it says dat i'm frum redondo beach....cuz i'm originally from da Bronx and we don't looz our speech patterns too eeezuhlee.......A-Rod sux.

Good Lord, I'm posting in the game forum.

Howzit. In Suth-Africa we genrully tork like this. For some reason, people in Canada think I'm a bladdy Pommie. Yissus. I cahn't understand why they'd think that. Just because I say tomahto. When I speak to new people, I can see them trying to place my accent. And true's Bob, they ahsk what bladdy part of England I'm from.

And since I've lived in Newfoundland for a while...

Hows ya gettin on b'y!? Lor' tunderin Jaysus, Mary was some crooked today up to the university, wurn't she? My son, them friggin mainlanders...

GibsonGirl said:

HAHA. You can't rezist!

Be cairfil tho, sum peepuhl never leave here.

:(

I didn't know you were South African. I used to handle (that's airline term for "work for but not get paid by") South African Airways. I liked that gig, nice people. But one day a week the flight stopped at some Island in the Atlantic (Sal Isla? they spoke Portuguese) and for some reason the passengers all needed to bring back tires.

GibsonGirl said:

Howzit. In Suth-Africa we genrully tork like this. For some reason, people in Canada think I'm a bladdy Pommie. Yissus. I cahn't understand why they'd think that. Just because I say tomahto. When I speak to new people, I can see them trying to place my accent. And true's Bob, they ahsk what bladdy part of England I'm from.

English?! No, no, South Africians always sound to me like Germans who lived in Australia for a long, long time. Or Australians that have lived in Germany for a long, long time. :hmm:

TheQuiet1 said:

English?! No, no, South Africians always sound to me like Germans who lived in Australia for a long, long time. Or Australians that have lived in Germany for a long, long time. :hmm:

More like dutch.

TheQuiet1 said:

Hmm, are you talking about Afrikaaners who speak English as their second language, or true English South Africans? There's a massive difference between the two. Afrikaaners are descended from Dutch settlers and thus have a very distinct accent when they speak English. Sort of like Germans that have been in Australia for a while, as you say. English South Africans sound more like middle/upper-class expats from the London area with a bit of Afrikaans slang thrown in. We generally look down upon the Afrikaaners. :wink: They're very common-sounding.

Nor Cal Here too

The_One1932 said:
Nor Cal-er here, this thread is HELLA cool.

:lmao: DUDE it is totally hella cool!

It's freaking funny how LA folks think I'm wacked when I say hella.. I mean shit we're not like THAT far from each other.

GibsonGirl said:

My South African born neighbor/friend talks JUST like this.. I love her accent!! Especially when she says 'I was out in the passage' instead of 'I was out in the hall way' :love:

Sicy said:

My South African born neighbor/friend talks JUST like this.. I love her accent!! Especially when she says 'I was out in the passage' instead of 'I was out in the hall way' :love:

Hee! Does she talk about 'robots' instead of traffic lights as well? I remember the first time I commented to a Canadian that robots had turned green...she looked at me as though I was bonkers. Another source of confusion is 'pavement.' If I say to people that I was walking on the pavement (i.e. what you would call the sidewalk) they assume I'm talking about the actual road.

I bet your neighbour misses biltong. :( Ask her about it the next time you see her.

Back
Top Bottom