Boonoo Boonoo River, New South Wales Superthread - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Out Of Control
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 12:57 AM   #151
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:30 AM
and see how to get some of this stuff i've written published uggggh why is it so hard to find lists of academic journals by subject

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
Old 06-23-2016, 01:05 AM   #152
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
It's like this is already drifting back to a dormant state.
seriously! boo. you guys suck. i had an excuse, i was at a music festival and the grounds had no service (plus who wants to be on their phone then) and then i was driving from the st. louis area to memphis, then to huntsville (both are about four hours) in one day.

the latter drive was actually really fun since i was by myself (we'd taken his car up to memphis so he had to drive it back) so i could play anything i wanted and just jammed the fuck out, dancing and driving.

Quote:
Surely the best gifts to give are those that are really for yourself.
true! i was kinda thinking of myself when i bought him all new sheets and stuff like "here, these are so soft and pretty without being girly and feel much nicer"

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
Old 06-23-2016, 01:07 AM   #153
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:30 PM
We used to have a journal ranking system by discipline in Australia. It's been deprecated now, but I still have the History one saved. It had its flaws, including some bizarre low rankings or omissions, but I sometimes still use it as a tiebreaker when I can't decide where to submit something. I usually work by status; you tend to get to know the leading journals with time, and my attitude is to aim high or go home.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:18 AM   #154
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

i'll probably have to bite the bullet and do that. i've been putting off working on it for a month now. since getting published in my case means also securing rights (since it's translations of journal articles), i've learned the hard way i gotta find a publisher first before getting the rights which baffles me but okay.

at least two works are in the same field so theoretically one journal could accept both.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:11 AM   #155
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:30 AM
Protip: falling asleep at 8:30pm means you WILL be awake at 2:00am, and sleep will not be possible.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:02 PM   #156
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i'll probably have to bite the bullet and do that. i've been putting off working on it for a month now. since getting published in my case means also securing rights (since it's translations of journal articles), i've learned the hard way i gotta find a publisher first before getting the rights which baffles me but okay.

at least two works are in the same field so theoretically one journal could accept both.
Oh god, that just sounds tedious. Academic publishers can be horrible to work with too, or at least the large multinationals that own a shit-tonne of journals. I can't speak highly enough of how good Otago Uni Press have been to me with the book.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:26 AM   #157
Vocal parasite

Good first half of rugby so far tonight. Both New Zealand and Wales have reason to feel aggrieved for having a try each robbed from them too - the NZ one was clearly downward pressure, not sure why the refs insisted on control when that's not in the rules, and for Wales right at the end of the half they were on the try line and I can't believe how many All Blacks were committing infringements and managed not to get penalised for it.
Old 06-25-2016, 05:04 AM   #158
Vocal parasite

Oh geez this is getting really ugly for Wales. They look buggered.

Love watching the All Blacks dominate a game though.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:11 AM   #159
Vocal parasite

The previous two games were the closest Wales have got to NZ in NZ. Today? 46-6. Ouch. They were cooked. Dagg's try at the end was great and really rubbed in the difference in fitness.
Old 06-25-2016, 07:03 AM   #160
Vocal parasite

I thought Ian might be around for tonight's sport at least. This Wallabies vs England game is a cracker so far. Been watching it about as much as I've been watching the footy.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:57 AM   #161
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I thought Ian might be around for tonight's sport at least. This Wallabies vs England game is a cracker so far. Been watching it about as much as I've been watching the footy.
I was watching the All Blacks and Warriors at my girlfriend's place with a phone on zero battery!

The All Blacks were unwatchable by halftime - Wales were never in it. It would have been alarming if the Chiefs had the biggest winning margin on tour lol.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:53 AM   #162
Vocal parasite

Damnit I really feel like a glass of red but I better not because Graeme Hill is interviewing me in about 2, 2.5 hours!

Spoke to him off-air earlier. This is going to be fun. Tune in people, 9:15pm NZ/7:15pm VIC: Weekend Variety Wireless - Weekend Variety Wireless with Graeme Hill - Weekend Hosts - RadioLIVE
Old 06-26-2016, 05:08 AM   #163
Blue Crack Supplier

Tuned in - look forward to it!
Old 06-26-2016, 06:21 AM   #164
Vocal parasite

That was heaps of fun!

It's online for anybody who wants to listen back (not me, because fuck hearing my own voice): New Zealand Fiercely independent but a strong local identity - Audio Player - Audio - RadioLIVE
Old 06-26-2016, 06:24 AM   #165
Vocal parasite

And I've now just polished off that aforementioned glass of red as a reward. Tastes damn fine.

Tags
superthread