Appreciate this thread being brought to you by the number 34.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: guess who?

bonosgirl84 said:
jeepchicksmilieblack.gif

:wink:

:cute:

so-called celbrities I got to see at work today (all on the same flight):

Flava Flav
Rupert from Survivor
Free (a rapper I have never heard of)

Not on the flight, but of note:
Jermaine O'Neal (NBA)

i actually see posts around here sometimes where people are complaining about the heat at 90F or 95F and i'm like pffffffffffffffft.

that's a beautiful day for us.

well my kids are older. like i have 22 year olds. these are like international level swimmers.

so, im technically responsible for 50 of them but its not hard to do. they are all almost adults with the exception of a couple of 14 year olds so its pretty drama free.

at the risk of divulging too much information online, this is what it is:

http://www.csctigersharks.org/Region8LC2006/R8Home.htm

Its the Speedo Championship Series....There are 4 "zones"...eastern, western, southern, and central. we are in the central zone. Our meet is at the brand new Mizzou pool which is sweet.
Its a big deal....I was checking the psyche sheet last night and there are 14 Olympians in the meet this week. Its going to be fast. Michael Phelps just set two new American records at the Southern meet last week.

We'll see how it goes. My boys have a chance of winning the entire thing but that depends on who the University of Michigan brings. Its "open" meaning anyone can swim as long as they have qualifying times. So, there are a ton of universities there. Mizzou keeps babbling that they are going to beat our boys but I don't think they can. I'm hoping our girls get 3rd. If they score enough points there is an off-chance we could win the entire meet which is a pretty big deal because we are a club team. We aren't a college, we can't recruit, we don't pay our athletes, etc.
We have 14 year-olds swimming. Now, granted, they are some of the best 14-year olds in the country but that is beside the point.

I'm sure I'm talking this much. Or typing. Whatever.

Anyway, I haven't slept in about 4 days because I'm so anxious. I will basically go for the next week without sleep. I have to pace the milers like 4 times a day so I will be at the pool from 5:00 am to about midnight each day and then I have coaches meetings from midnight to 2:00 am........repeat indefinitely.

:huh:

See, I find that stuff interesting. :huh:

How is Phelps swimming in the southern meet? doesn't he train in Michigan?

that would be awesome if your boys won.

My sister and a few of our friends went to the worlds when they were in Indianapolis after Athens. :nerd: (to watch of course)

i was actually at the worlds. i had three swimmers in the meet. i was on deck which was really sweet. i got my first olympic trial cut at that pool so it holds a special place in my heart :heart:

phelps swims for Club Wolverine now. He used to swim for NBAC (North Baltimore Aquatic Club) but he switched over which was a great move, in my opinion.

Don't ask how they split these things out. University of Michigan is in our thing but Club Wolverine isn't. It makes zero sense.

damn, that place is gorgeous. they recently built an aquatic center here with an incredible pool area and water slide, etc. but stupidly, they didn't make it an indoor facility so we could swim year round.

WildHoneyAlways said:

My car wasn't big enough for the bookshelves I wanted. :angry:

I have to beg my sister, who has a Jeep Liberty, to come with me.

I really like this one

60205_PE166209_S4.jpg

:love:

Hasn't the U.S. version of IKEA got a delivery service? Here they've got these green trucks outside the store that you can hire.

No it doesnt include paint.

But, its a fully finished basement that is around 1800 square feet so I can't really complain.

I'm not using nutmeat this time around...the basement will be "Dapper Tan" (my personal favorite tan color if anyone ever needs it).
The dining room is going to be "Red Red Wine".

Good luck at the meet, MK!

I would do a cheer for you if I had a video camera or something!

I had to borrow a friend's friggin minivav this weekend to go get the painting I purchased (it wouldn't fit in the Pasat).

Back
Top Bottom