WordPress.Org Issues - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:51 PM
WordPress.Org Issues

I've been trying to get a website started on WordPress.org.

All weekend, I've been having difficulties installing a theme, I kept getting errors.

Now, when I try to log into the wp-admin, I can't get in! All get is the following:

Quote:
Warning: include_once(/home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ethnic-purple/) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Success in /home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 473

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ethnic-purple/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 473

Warning: include_once(/home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/fusion/) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Success in /home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 473

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/fusion/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 473

Warning: include_once(/home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/inove/) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Success in /home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 473

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/inove/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 473

Warning: include_once(/home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress/) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Success in /home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 473

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 473
Basically, its a long list of my theme errors.

How do I get back into wp-admin? I've been asking in the WP.org forums, but no one is helping me. Does anyone have any idea here?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
I Serve Larry's Stick

Local Time: 05:51 PM
I don't have an answer for this question, but I was wondering if you had any suggestions for books that would be useful guides for a Wordpress newbie? Looking to start a website soon and I can use all the help I can get!

Old 05-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

clarity if you are open to other options, I use NucleusCMS which is very similar (in fact I think many of the skins are the same) and it has been very easy for me to install and use. I'd never done any PHP or MySQL before but their documentation took me through step by step and when I wanted to customize something I did know how, the people on the forum gave me the code.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #4
I Serve Larry's Stick

I'm looking for less blog and more website. Would that still be a good option?
Old 05-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

For that, I go way simpler and use CSS templates. At least for most of the stuff I do there's no need for the MySQL on the back end. There's good free ones out there so I rarely make my own. Check freecsstemplates.org or free-css-templates.com. The first one has many of the exact same skins as WP and Nucleus. Many do appear very blog-ish but I just remove the extra columns and simplify it a bit.

For example, the link in my sig below:
Old 05-11-2009, 09:26 PM   #6
I Serve Larry's Stick

Do you think that Nucleus is easier to use than WP or are they about the same? My site is going to be music based, and I'd need to be able to incorporate things like a music player and things like that. Along the these lines, but probably not as bloggish: Who is Jon Black