What hp laptop to get? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 02:14 PM
What hp laptop to get?

I've been thinking of getting a new laptop for a long time, just don't know where to go and don't have any good deal. Yesterday my friend told me a coupon: $500 off $1399 on hp laptops, HP is good brand and I am going to get one there, what's a good model for general use, preferable a small and light one.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:22 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:14 AM
They have so many models, and they change so fast! I have a dv2050us and it definitely fits "general use" and "small and light". It's a 14.1" but it's widescreen, so it's small. I LOVE it. I got it on a whim b/c it was on sale. I was planning to get a new comp, but hadn't really picked a brand or model. It has everything I need and nothing I don't (well, except maybe Lightscribe, haven't ever used that). The small size is not a big deal for me, I prefer the portability. If I need more work space I can always use an external monitor.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:47 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Lots of my friends have the DV2840SE and they like it. The only problem that I am aware of is that 2 of them had issues with pixels (over a period of time) but overall seems to function quite well.

I don't buy laptops larger than 13.3" in screen size and I've never seen super compact HPs so that's why I haven't used one.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:15 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Lots of my friends have the DV2840SE and they like it. The only problem that I am aware of is that 2 of them had issues with pixels (over a period of time) but overall seems to function quite well.

I don't buy laptops larger than 13.3" in screen size and I've never seen super compact HPs so that's why I haven't used one.
Yep, I have a pixel problem right now, however I'm pretty rough with my machine (I take it everywhere and probably am not as careful as I should be). I'll have it fixed under warranty as soon as I get around to it (which will probably be 2 years when I'm ready to sell it)...

HP does make a 12.1" widescreen. Real light, real thin, does that thing where you can flip it around and draw on it. I think there's a business model and one of the entertainment models. I've seen the entertainment one in person and am looking at the business model online.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:58 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, actually I think I have seen the tablet-sort. But they generally don't have the market cornered in this area - it was really dominated by Sony and Toshiba for a long time, but now they have some nice LGs in 13.3". Actually the models I really liked were Fujitsus that were owned by the Japanese exchange students, unfortunately they are not available here - we get expensive, clunky Fujitsus and they're not even that well known.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:30 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Haha no kidding! The Japanese kids here have the coolest stuff! It's a pain in the ass to troubleshoot b/c it's all in Japanese characters and I don't know where everything is, but it's fun to play with.