Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually never even considered selling on Amazon. I've always bought, never sold on that site. Maybe that would be a good idea, given some of ebay's fees and historically crap customer service.

The areas of the city in Sleeping Dogs are definitely modeled after areas of the real Hong Kong. That said, the geography in the game is completely screwed up in comparison. You should see some easily recognizable locations though (Victoria Peak, night markets in Kowloon, business area on Hong Kong Island, etc.), and a lot of recognizable architecture and roads. Have fun, I'm jealous. Spent a couple months there years back, have only been back once since, and that was just for a couple days.

Cheers, sounds about right. Looks like such an awesome place and I've been meaning to go there for a long time (got family on Hong Kong Island) so I'm really excited.

As for Gamestop/EB, I'm also surprised with how long it's lasted too. In my country, most people go to BJ Hi-Fi or Gametraders - both tend to be considerably cheaper. Having said that, EB often has ridiculously good bundles on old PC games, and the preorders tend to be pretty cool. I just preordered God of War: Ascension there even though I'll never have any use for a Kratos statue.

Running through Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 for the first time. Quite... interesting. 1 is like 3 and 2 i like New Vegas, yet if you're talking about story lines 1 is like New Vegas and 2 is like 3.

Have any of you guys been playing Far Cry 3? Best game I've played in a long time. Probably up there with Arkham Asylum for me in terms of expectations and the amount of fun I've had with it

I'm still pretty addicted to it. Just barely got to the second island last weekend, after playing for a month.

I played it a ton over the Christmas break. Finished it, but I see there's some dlc available for extra missions. gotta get it back from a friend I lent it to.

I wish there was an option to have the outposts repopulated by bad guys. that was one of my favourite parts of the game

Have any of you guys been playing Far Cry 3? Best game I've played in a long time. Probably up there with Arkham Asylum for me in terms of expectations and the amount of fun I've had with it

Shut the hell up already.

I'm still pretty addicted to it. Just barely got to the second island last weekend, after playing for a month.

I should start playing it again.

I played it a ton over the Christmas break. Finished it, but I see there's some dlc available for extra missions. gotta get it back from a friend I lent it to.

I wish there was an option to have the outposts repopulated by bad guys. that was one of my favourite parts of the game

Hey man, hope you had a happy holiday season.

imager.php

Anyone playing Dishonoured? Just picked it up the other week. It's pretty cool. I'm not completely sold on the setting, but I'm all over the stealthy shit

It's a lot of fun, but the story seems a bit thin. Some of the expository dialogue would make a Bond villain blush

Oh, totally. I was actually upset at my self during one mission when I assassinated someone, then realize afterward there would've been a much more satisfying way to do it

I had the same exact thing happen to me. Forget which mission, but, not long after finishing it I was disappointed in myself for not going about it differently.

It was when I killed one of those brothers in the brothel. He was in the steam room and I possessed a fish and swam into the drainage system, then snuck up on him, then stabbed him in his stupid throat. After, I realized I could've overloaded the steam pipes and scalded him to death :(

Glad you're liking Far Cry now, NSW. I've pretty much completed everything but the main quest (including all the collectibles gathering that I usually hate in games, but found enjoyable in this one). Sorta sad to finish the game, had a lot of fun with it. Wish they didn't save a lot of the awesome perks and abilities for the end of the game. Would have liked a lot of that stuff much earlier.

I'll probably Dishonored after finishing Far Cry. Maybe I'll do Walking Dead first. I don't know.

Glad you're liking Far Cry now, NSW. I've pretty much completed everything but the main quest (including all the collectibles gathering that I usually hate in games, but found enjoyable in this one). Sorta sad to finish the game, had a lot of fun with it. Wish they didn't save a lot of the awesome perks and abilities for the end of the game. Would have liked a lot of that stuff much earlier.

I'll probably Dishonored after finishing Far Cry. Maybe I'll do Walking Dead first. I don't know.

I've been playing and playing and playing and am still on chapter 3. I'm busy killing animals, finding loot and relics, etc. I also like hang gliding, riding around in boats, and killing every single enemy I can from a distance with a sniper rifle. This game is like my real life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom