Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #391
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:11 PM
So, like he said, we bought Heavy Rain, and I have a paper and one more final to go until I play it. Can. Not. Fucking. Wait.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:29 AM   #392
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:41 PM
I just cayn't wait to see LeMel's write up of Heavy Rain a la the Infamous post he just did. I hope you guys really enjoy both games.

I'm really excited for Assassin's Creed 3.

also this makes me want a Vita:

Orgarhythm Official Trailer - YouTube

Rhythm based RTS. Sweet.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:13 AM   #393
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Whoa so I jumped back to an earlier save before the point-of-no-return in Mass Effect 3 and did some serious work on cleaning up planets, finding resources, finishing quests, making sure I did as much as I could....

...and it still says success unlikely. I looked it up online and in order to get the best ending without playing any multiplayer, you need to have carried over a save from the original Mass Effect and made the right decisions all the way down the line up to now. I was expecting it to "just" be the equivalent of grinding out 100% in an RPG, i.e, a modest time investment.

Depending on the ending (expecting the worst, btw), we'll see if I go back and pick up a few multiplayer matches and see if much changes.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #394
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 01:11 AM
You can also use the Mass Effect 3 app to up your system preparedness ratings too.

To be entirely honest, I am completely fine with the endings. Wasn't my favorite ending ever, but I've certainly seen far worse. The internet loves to create drama.

So the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft apparently sold over a million copies in less than a week. Breaking all sorts of Xbox Live Arcade records already. I was one of those million people, and am loving it. Never thought I'd remotely be interested in a game like this, but it's crazily addicting. Wish I would have bought the Mac / PC version ages ago.

Really excited for Max Payne 3 today as well, the first 2 games hold a special place in my gun loving heart.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #395
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:11 AM
Anyone getting Diablo?
Old 05-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #396
Blue Meth Addict

Are you, Elfa? One of my friends I used to play Diablo 2 with years and years ago did. He texted me this morning asking if I was getting it, said he woke up at 4am to play. Ha. I have a Mac, and there always seem to be issues because of that, so I'm not sure if I will or not. Plus, I feel like I have no idea how to game on computers any more.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #397
Blue Crack Supplier

Same here, I remember Diablo II quite fondly but its been years since I've played anything on my pc, its just a tad out of date I'm sure...
Old 05-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #398
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
You can also use the Mass Effect 3 app to up your system preparedness ratings too.

To be entirely honest, I am completely fine with the endings. Wasn't my favorite ending ever, but I've certainly seen far worse. The internet loves to create drama.
You bring me two pieces of good news. I would feel better about playing multiplayer without the sensation that someone is poking a stick into my back trying to force me into it.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #399
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
So, like he said, we bought Heavy Rain, and I have a paper and one more final to go until I play it. Can. Not. Fucking. Wait.
And now we bought a new TV so I REALLY can't wait to play it. But alas, I can't find my HDMI cable anywhere. One last trip to Wal-mart.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:51 AM   #400
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:41 PM
Quote:

Forgot about that. It's IOS only though, isn't it?

I felt incredibly unfulfilled when I finished the game, for a lot of reasons, and I'm not going to get into them here. But before I finished it, I thought the internet backlash seemed ridiculous - and I still think it's excessive. I don't think most fans know how lucky they are that Bioware is actually making an extended cut - hell, just having a company that listens to you and has team members posting on twitter/the Bioware forums and interacting with fans all the time is a pretty special thing.

The thing about ME3 is that it was never going to make everyone happy. There were so many variables, so many characters and so many possibilities that it would have been an impossible task. The biggest overarching problem with ME3, though, is that it never really feels like it's even trying to achieve something close to the impossible. The major choices made in prior game barely matter - in some cases, not at all. The squad selection is pissweak - especially if you'd lost Tali and Garrus in ME2. The entire cast of the second game seems brushed aside (come on, surely Miranda at the very least should have had a bigger role because of her connection to the Illusive Man). Cheating on someone results on little more than a slap on the wrist. And those littler things - the considerably larger number of half-assed side missions that result out of eavesdropping while walking past a character as opposed to interacting with them, the lack of "hubs" to explore (the Citadel is the only one), turning EDI into a sexbot... I dunno, I guess my problem is that I was expecting too much, and I really feel that I've learned my lesson.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:53 AM   #401
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Mass Effect 3: app edition

well, it's not really a game, although that's to be expected with the free price tag. There are 3 missions in each sector of the galaxy. Each mission takes either 1, 3, or 6 hours to complete, which is accomplished by...waiting. You have two fleets, you point each one at a mission, and then after the time elapses you win some combination of credits and higher galactic readiness. Credits can be invested to either buy more fleets, complete the missions faster, earn bonus readiness for each mission finished, or the awful part, increased "shielding" that keeps a fleet from getting damaged. Occasionally a fleet will finish a mission and then be damaged! After waiting 1-6 hours, you watch another, 30 minute timer tick down before you can dispatch the fleet again.

There are a lot of timers involved.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #402
Blue Meth Addict

If you do upgrades, it makes it considerably faster, you get more percentage increase, and can buy more ships. It's just a simple way to up the percentages when you're not playing.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #403
Blue Crack Supplier

I am very excited by this:

http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2012/05...iler-new-ellie

Naughty Dog + the end of the world = hotness
Old 05-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #404
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
If you do upgrades, it makes it considerably faster, you get more percentage increase, and can buy more ships. It's just a simple way to up the percentages when you're not playing.
Oh I don't mean to give any impression other than that it's good at what it's trying to be (And having the series Codex handy is pretty neat). Just that "surprise! sit in dry dock for another 30 minutes!" feels like someone at EA is trolling me.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #405
Blue Meth Addict

The email feature was cool if you were playing the game at the same time. You'd essentially get email from characters in the game after you'd complete missions and conversations about what was going on. Sorta neat.

Max Payne 3 is pretty awesome so far. The abundance of cutscenes will make the game not for everyone (though I'm enjoying them as well at this point), but the gameplay and gunfights themselves are incredible. Awesome to see things exploding around you in slow motion as you gun down your enemies in spectacular fashion. So happy to finally have another sequel in this franchise.