Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:39 PM
I need to back up before I clean up

Old 11-19-2006, 11:17 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
My other computer recently crashed from a computer virus. We used many of the things you did and it still didn't work. Our computer attempted to send out millions of spam e-mails, and one of our spyware blockers blocked each one, only it alerted each blocked e-mails with a pop-up window, till the entire thing was overloaded and we had to re-install the operating system altogether. We lost a couple of programs and my family's iTunes data (I don't own an iPod, thank goodness).
I'm not sure which program you use, but most anti-spyware programs actually ARE spyware. I specialize in general diagnostics as part of my job, which means any computer a student brings in and they say "I don't know what's wrong, it just doesn't work right" it comes to me. Nine times out of ten, the computer is overrun with spyware/adware/malware and most of the time, the students have installed programs and add-ons that are actually the CAUSE of all the problems.

It's best to purchase a single legitimate program that includes real-time security, anti-virus scanning, and spyware protection. Running multiple programs, even if they are all legit, can damage the computer or make it unbearably slow. The other day I watched a six month old computer take five minute to start because the kid was running Norton Security, Symantec Antivirus, and some spyware program not knowing that Norton and Symantec were basically fighting each other (plus they are the same product) and Symantec already has anti-spyware functionality so his anti-spyware program was needlessly sucking memory.

Also, enable automatic Windows updates and turn on that firewall!

Old 11-19-2006, 11:26 PM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 12:39 AM
You can also use AVG Free's Anti-Spyware program at http://free.grisoft.com/

Yesterday I installed it and it found like 8 'High' threat trojans, malware,. etc. I'm glad i got this now!

I had been using the ones above in addition to Bazooka Spyware Scanner
Old 11-20-2006, 03:38 AM   #19
The Fly

Local Time: 11:39 AM
can we please plase go back to the enlargement pills spam talks?
sorry, but I just crap my pants everytime I read them
Old 11-20-2006, 06:49 AM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje

I'm not sure which program you use, but most anti-spyware programs actually ARE spyware. I specialize in general diagnostics as part of my job, which means any computer a student brings in and they say "I don't know what's wrong, it just doesn't work right" it comes to me. Nine times out of ten, the computer is overrun with spyware/adware/malware and most of the time, the students have installed programs and add-ons that are actually the CAUSE of all the problems.

It's best to purchase a single legitimate program that includes real-time security, anti-virus scanning, and spyware protection. Running multiple programs, even if they are all legit, can damage the computer or make it unbearably slow. The other day I watched a six month old computer take five minute to start because the kid was running Norton Security, Symantec Antivirus, and some spyware program not knowing that Norton and Symantec were basically fighting each other (plus they are the same product) and Symantec already has anti-spyware functionality so his anti-spyware program was needlessly sucking memory.

Also, enable automatic Windows updates and turn on that firewall!
I know that. We have Spybot S&D, AVG Anti-Virus, and Norton Personal Firewall. I believe it was Norton that blocked the e-mails.

All three are legit, a while back on this computer we had a fake which I spent about a week on destroying it and everything it left behind.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:53 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Norton can be really annoying. All those pop-ups for every e-mail or new file being downloaded is enough to drive someone insane! As long as the program is scanning real-time in the background (which I believe it is), all those other things can be disabled. Most decent e-mail servers have their own firewalls and anti-spam protection. If you're using a Windows Firewall, another firewall program is overkill.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:57 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:39 AM
Post your email here and I'll fix your spam problems.