The Android Invasion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that Sprint actually has fast data I don't think I could ever give up my unlimited data.

I'm still on verizon, but the minute they force me off my unlimited data plan, I'm gone. I'll look hard at republic wireless great phone motox and they have great prices.

Sent from my XT1060 using U2 Interference mobile app

I have an unlimited data with ATT going back to 2007

I'm locked into my Galaxy S4 until July 2015. I am seriously thinking of going with the new Note then. The bigger screen and battery life is appealing. That new watch seems much improved over the others. I may consider it.

Verizon made me give up my unlimited data plan last go around... I still had a year left on that contract but T Mobile is of course paying early termination fees for people who join them, so I made the jump yesterday. I was down go 5 gigs of data, 1000 text message limit and 250 anytime voice minutes and was still paying 98 bucks a month (would have been more without my employee discount).

Albeit the voice and text plans were by choice, as I don't use either as often as I used to (and never went over my limits in the year under that plan), just the idea that I had to either watch myself at the end of the month sometimes, or pay 20+ dollars more a month, was incredibly annoying.

Now I'm back to unlimited everything at 20 dollars less than what I paid monthly at Verizon.

And I'm absolutely loving the Nexus 5 and wondering why on earth I ever went for the galaxy S4

Good riddance, big red! (Although I still very much love your TV service)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Nexus 5 is a nice phone, I've used it, but I have gone back to my moto x because of the touchless controls, and also because it's basically a pure android OS with the added Motorola touchless controls.

Verizon made me give up my unlimited data plan last go around... I still had a year left on that contract but T Mobile is of course paying early termination fees for people who join them, so I made the jump yesterday. I was down go 5 gigs of data, 1000 text message limit and 250 anytime voice minutes and was still paying 98 bucks a month (would have been more without my employee discount).

Albeit the voice and text plans were by choice, as I don't use either as often as I used to (and never went over my limits in the year under that plan), just the idea that I had to either watch myself at the end of the month sometimes, or pay 20+ dollars more a month, was incredibly annoying.

Now I'm back to unlimited everything at 20 dollars less than what I paid monthly at Verizon.

And I'm absolutely loving the Nexus 5 and wondering why on earth I ever went for the galaxy S4

Good riddance, big red! (Although I still very much love your TV service)

Yeah, I agree that the Nexus 5 is definitely the best Android phone our there right now. I had traded mine for the Note 3 and regretted it after a week. Samsung puts waaay too much crap on their phones.

I'm now stuck on the iPhone 5s because my employer changed their plans around to where they not only pay for my plan but my phone as well, and the iPhone 5s is what they chose for me. I can see why people like iPhones. They're easy to navigate, very user friendly. I'm definitely not hating it as much as I thought I would but I do miss Android a lot.

Hopefully the iPhone 6 will feature a bigger screen. I do have the option of paying out of pocket if I want, but it looks like I'm going to have to stick to Apple.

Nexus 5 is a nice phone, I've used it, but I have gone back to my moto x because of the touchless controls, and also because it's basically a pure android OS with the added Motorola touchless controls.

I wanted the Moto X but I would have had to purchase it outright for T Mobile, whereas I could do an installment plan for the Nexus 5 and use the money I would have spent on the X elsewhere... So no complaints really.

I will say that I'll never stray from stock android again (other than a custom ROM perhaps).

The bells and whistles in the galaxy S4 were nice at first, but eventually got tiresome. I think the only feature I miss is the ability to hover over emails and read them without opening them. That's really about it

I wanted the Moto X but I would have had to purchase it outright for T Mobile, whereas I could do an installment plan for the Nexus 5 and use the money I would have spent on the X elsewhere... So no complaints really.

I will say that I'll never stray from stock android again (other than a custom ROM perhaps).

The bells and whistles in the galaxy S4 were nice at first, but eventually got tiresome. I think the only feature I miss is the ability to hover over emails and read them without opening them. That's really about it

Install Paranoid Android on that shiz.

I agree with you on staying with stock android. I came from the S3 and loved it only after I wiped it and installed a custom ROM on it. Only then was I able to enjoy using the phone. ;-)

I planned on doing that with the S4 but they went and made it pretty damned difficult to do.

Agreed. That's why I was so frustrated with my Note 3. The battery life was just awful and it was due to the Android OS eating so much battery, which tells me that it was all the crap baking into the ROM, and there was no way for me to disable all of it.

So after the first week with T Mobile instead of Verizon... Verizon is absolutely better, but not so much better that it's worth the extra 20-40 dollars a month Verizon would charge for what T Mobile is offering.

Are they better just in terms of overall LTE coverage?

That's my only beef with Sprint these days. When I'm in strong LTE areas, it's strong, but there are still those pockets in town where I switch to 3g and get .015 mb/s.

Verizon's coverage was just always on. Like it never dropped unless you were in the subway or deep inside a really old building.

T Mobile's service is good, and I haven't noticed any decrease in speed, but I have noticed the service drop from LTE or drop all together at times, which just rarely ever happened with Verizon.

And the service can be a tad spotty when you're inside a building and not near windows...

So if money isn't an issue I'd go with Verizon... but if you're a normal human being that cares about such things, the better service isn't worth the extra monthly rate, especially as readily available WiFi becomes more and more common.

In running the new Android L on my Nexus 7. I love it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using U2 Interference mobile app

So, I didn't know where to post this, but it's just another random airing of grievances...damn I've been bitchy lately.

ANYWAYS: This whole iPhone bending thing...I am absolutely 100% positive that it's being about as blown out of proportion, absolutely. I do believe it's possible for them to bend, but I highly doubt it's happening at the rate the internet/news media would have you believe.

THAT BEING SAID: The response today that I've been seeing from people is making me want to bang my head against the wall. Basically: "Well, what person puts their phone in their pocket anyways? Silly people, what did you expect."

Are you kidding me? That's...that's a joke, right?

So, I didn't know where to post this, but it's just another random airing of grievances...damn I've been bitchy lately.

ANYWAYS: This whole iPhone bending thing...I am absolutely 100% positive that it's being about as blown out of proportion, absolutely. I do believe it's possible for them to bend, but I highly doubt it's happening at the rate the internet/news media would have you believe.

THAT BEING SAID: The response today that I've been seeing from people is making me want to bang my head against the wall. Basically: "Well, what person puts their phone in their pocket anyways? Silly people, what did you expect."

Are you kidding me? That's...that's a joke, right?

Yeah, so there are 9 reported cases out of 4 million phones. It's pretty entertaining to read all the Apple fanboys freaking out though. "Should I trade mine in?" even though theirs isn't bent.

Love the iPhone but the fanbase is kind of nuts.

But yeah, 9 phones, who knows what those people really did to bend them. Mine is in my pocket all the time and after a week it's just fine.

Exactly. Just use the 9 phones as your example. Don't rationalize that it's stupid to put your phone in your pocket. THAT'S what makes people call you a Sheeple in the first place. If it was really a problem, Apple would've caught it. You shouldn't have to change the way you live or do things in order to get a new phone.

Honestly, that's one of the major factors to me not wanting to stay with the larger phone. Switching from my front pocket to my back pocket is something I've still not gotten used to, even after two years. I just don't like it. Makes me nervous, because a portion of it is hanging out, for one thing. For another, I DON'T like sitting on my phone, even if it's never had a problem in all this time.

That being said, I still think I'm going to try the Note Edge, should I be one of the lucky million to get one...if it ever comes out :sad:

Exactly. Just use the 9 phones as your example. Don't rationalize that it's stupid to put your phone in your pocket. THAT'S what makes people call you a Sheeple in the first place. If it was really a problem, Apple would've caught it. You shouldn't have to change the way you live or do things in order to get a new phone.

Honestly, that's one of the major factors to me not wanting to stay with the larger phone. Switching from my front pocket to my back pocket is something I've still not gotten used to, even after two years. I just don't like it. Makes me nervous, because a portion of it is hanging out, for one thing. For another, I DON'T like sitting on my phone, even if it's never had a problem in all this time.

That being said, I still think I'm going to try the Note Edge, should I be one of the lucky million to get one...if it ever comes out :sad:

Yeah, I keep mine in my front pocket all the time. With that said, the first thing I did when I got the 6 Plus was slap a case on it. While it's a beautiful looking device, there's no way I'd carry it around without a case, especially with a 5 year old trying to grab it to play Candy Crush or whatever.

Oh my God, the Note's case. Jesus. I used it up until about there months ago. I'm *this* close to putting it back on there, because I'm terrified that it's going to break before I get my new phone, but that thing was a nightmare. The Otterbox, I mean.

Oh my God, the Note's case. Jesus. I used it up until about there months ago. I'm *this* close to putting it back on there, because I'm terrified that it's going to break before I get my new phone, but that thing was a nightmare. The Otterbox, I mean.

Yeah those things are huge. I am using the official Apple leather case for mine it's slim but still protects the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If/When I get my new phone, I think I'll stick with something similar. The otterbox sets me at ease, but it looks stupid...and...well...I'd rather the phone break than look like an idiot holding it.

So, I really wanted to wait and get the Note Edge, but I'm getting really impatient and very much am ready for a new phone. Iam so worried that if I keep waiting, something horrible will happen to my Note II and I won't be able to sell it. The other thing is, looking at the sticker prices from around the world, the phone looks like it's going to be damn expensive. If I get the Note IV, now it's going to be that phone I have to have instead of the phone I wanted.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here looking at Windows phones and thinking I really, really want one. But, my friend convinced me to wait a year and get one after Windows 10 comes out.

So, that got me thinking: Maybe I should get a Moto X and a Moto 360 for now. That way, I don't spend that much on the phone, and I can at least have a new toy to play with, I/R/T the 360.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Moto X?

So, I really wanted to wait and get the Note Edge, but I'm getting really impatient and very much am ready for a new phone. Iam so worried that if I keep waiting, something horrible will happen to my Note II and I won't be able to sell it. The other thing is, looking at the sticker prices from around the world, the phone looks like it's going to be damn expensive. If I get the Note IV, now it's going to be that phone I have to have instead of the phone I wanted.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here looking at Windows phones and thinking I really, really want one. But, my friend convinced me to wait a year and get one after Windows 10 comes out.

So, that got me thinking: Maybe I should get a Moto X and a Moto 360 for now. That way, I don't spend that much on the phone, and I can at least have a new toy to play with, I/R/T the 360.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Moto X?

Get the new Nexus phone instead. If I ever go back to Android that's the only device I'd get.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom