.rar files?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

circa1992

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
For some reason my computer refuses to download .rar files...it downloads everything else but that type and I can't figure out why. I'm on a Mac, but do you think it's just the program I'm using? I get so lost when it comes to computers :reject: :confused:

Any help would be great :)

~Sarah

That was the first one I tried, but once I download it (and try to open it) it says: Safari can't open the file "wrar36b2-3.exe" because no available applications can open it. . .

I'm so hopeless when it comes to computers :reject:

circa1992 said:
That was the first one I tried, but once I download it (and try to open it) it says: Safari can't open the file "wrar36b2-3.exe" because no available applications can open it. . .

I don't think there's a Mac version of that program.

The one I posted is for RAR files also. I usually just drag my RAR files to the MacPAR icon on the dock and it opens them.

I don't work on Macs much so maybe you already knew this, but sometimes I have to select the file, go to File > Get Info and then in this window set the app associated with the file to the app I want to use and then it will work with any of the files. Like for some reason, our Mac image (our configured install of OS 10) makes it so that it doesn't associated Acrobat with pdfs so we have to change that in Get Info on each computer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom