New Eight-gigabyte "RED" iPod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
SAN FRANCISCO (AFP) - Apple added an eight-gigabyte iPod nano to the host of hip products being marketed to help rocker Bono's "RED" project raise money to battle AIDS in Africa.

The U2 frontman and Bobby Shriver founded RED, which enlists renowned brands such as Giorgio Armani and Gap to make product lines that devote part of their revenues to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.

Red versions of Apple's nano, the world's most popular MP3 player, were created with Bono's help.

The higher-capacity RED nano was inspired by "outstanding customer demand" that followed the introduction of a four-gigabyte model in October, according to Apple.

"Customer response to the iPod nano RED Special Edition has been off the charts," Apple vice president Greg Joswiak said in a release.

"We're thrilled to add a second model with eight gigabytes of capacity, enough for 2,000 songs, so customers have yet another choice in supporting this important cause."

Ten dollars of the sale price of each RED nano would go to Global Fund programs. The four-gigabyte model was priced at 199 dollars and the eight-gigabyte model at 249 dollars.

The Global Fund was established in 2002 with the support of the world's leaders and UN Secretary General Kofi Annan to increase resources to fight the three devastating diseases.

I recently got my hubbie an 8 gigabyte nano.

We had to take it back because it made an annoying high pitch-sound (holding the device to the ear)
Then, he read on an itunes forum about many other ppl, having the same problem. (you usually find these things out when it's too late eh?)

Now some people don't seem to hear it, but, my husband could hear it through the speakers.
So we took it back to the store and got another one, just to find out that this new one did it too.

So we went straight back in (we unwrapped it on the street) and got the 30 gigabyte video ipod instead.

I just thought I'd warn you all ;)

Back
Top Bottom