Laptop Freezing Up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Last night before I went to bed, I set my practically brand new laptop down without shutting the lid or putting it on sleep mode, which is what I usually do without any issues.

This morning when I woke up, the screensaver was still on my screen and it was frozen. I tried clicking the mouse, hitting escape, even pressing the power button to try shutting it off, but nothing seemed to work.

Hopefully when I get home tonight it will be fine, but is there anything else I can do to get it to unfreeze?

I would go into the power options and configure it to sleep on it's own after a certain amount of time and sleep when the battery charge gets to a certain percentage. To completely cycle power you'd have to turn it off (or unplug it) and remove the battery. Is the screen saver a memory hog? I've had fairly elaborate screen savers that use too much memory and get choppy or freeze (before I had the RAM I have now).

The screensaver is just a standard Windows one, so I don't think it'd be that much of a memory hog.

When I came home it was still frozen so I held the power button down for a few seconds, it shut off, then I restarted it. Everything's a-ok now, but I'll make sure to set it on sleep all the time from here on out.

Back
Top Bottom