It's a great time to be a gamer...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
...and specifically an Xbox gamers.

Halo 3 has just been released, and it's multiplayer will be owning my social life for the next several years. Excitingly, the game's campaign met and exceded all my best wishes as well, and has definitely earned it's 9.5+ scores around the net.

Bioshock came and went, and though it left my slightly unsatisfied due to a lackluster third act, it still delievered one of the most unique and exciting single-player experiences in a long while.

Valve's Orange Box is due out in less than 2 weeks, and will bring us the ultimate Half-Life 2 experience, along with the revolutionary "Portal" and the game which might be able to rip me away from Halo 3 for a game or two, "Team Fortress 2".

Then Bioware is set to release my most anticipated game in a looong time this November, which is the spiritual successor to KOTOR, Mass Effect. Gaming devinity.

There's also a crap load of other stuff which I won't be able to afford until next year some time.

But either way, it's a damn good time to be a gamer. Agreed?

Fuck. Yes.

By the time I come down from my Halo high, the next Gran Turismo will be out.

Carek1230 said:
Don't they usually come out with new games about this time every year tho, just in time for holiday retail blitz?

Yes, but this year is seeing a particularly strong wave of titles. :up:

Especially since Halo 3 now holds the largest opening day gross record for anything, ever, in the entertainment industry.

I've never played any Halo title, but ordered Halo 3. Looking forward to playing it and finally playing Bioshock. No need to even comment on Mass Effect. :drool:

Yeah, aren't the guys who did Knights of the Old Republic doing Mass Effect? Hoot hoot hoooooot.

Meanwhile I'm busy getting into old games. Just bought my first Call of Duty game yesterday for $10, used. :hyper:
I probably won't have any time to play it.

Does anyone have any recollection of this PC game where you could make wars with animals as infantry. The twist was that you could hybrid the animals. You could have the head of a lion and the body of a monkey or something.
I only saw a magazine advert for it and this was back in like 2002.

It looked cool. :(

PlaTheGreat said:

Does anyone have any recollection of this PC game where you could make wars with animals as infantry. The twist was that you could hybrid the animals. You could have the head of a lion and the body of a monkey or something.

Are you talking about this one:

http://archive.gamespy.com/reviews/january03/impossiblecreaturespc/

PlaTheGreat said:
Meanwhile I'm busy getting into old games. Just bought my first Call of Duty game yesterday for $10, used. :hyper:
I probably won't have any time to play it.

I just started playing Vice City on my PC, so you're not alone.

There's a sweet mod for it where you get a DeLorean, turn it into the Time Machine, travel through time, fly, and still do crazy shit.

It's unreal.

Vice City is still my favorite of the GTA franchise.

But maybe it's just because I live in the real Vice City. :D

---
Impossible Creatures! Yes! Although it looked a lot cooler then than it does now. :lol:

Does anyone know if there are extras or something you can download for Halo 3 so you can play Deathmatch against a computer player? I think there's gonna be blood spilled in my house if we keep this up.
:up:

Back
Top Bottom