Excel help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VintagePunk

Blue Crack Distributor
Okay, so I'm a complete idiot and I've never learned to use Excel. :reject:

I need to do what should be two very simple tasks. I've tried the help feature, and don't understand the instructions, or even if I'm asking the right question.

1) I need to add rows of variables, from variable E to Y. Should be pretty simple, right?

2) Ideally, it would be good if I could decrease each variable by one, if possible, before I add. I.E.: 1 becomes 0, 2 becomes 1, etc. This is not necessary however. The main thing is to figure out how to add them. As long as I can do that, I can make this adjustment mentally.

I found the function that you mean. I think you're overestimating my know-how, though. :wink:

I need to add 444 rows of variables E to Y. What exactly should I type in between the brackets?

Thanks so much. :)

Put the curser down on the cell below the list. On the toolbar there should be a Greek E looking thing? Click that. Then highlight what you want to add up, and then click the = to the left of the address bar.

If you want to do the -1 thing, go to the box to the right of the cell. So if 7 is in A1, go to B1. Click the Greek E, highlight A1, and type SUM(A1)-1. CLick the equal sign. Now, this is the tricky part: Click B1 once. The border of the cell changes, right? The lower right corner should be a bit different than the other corners. Put the cursor over that and then either double click, or drag it down. This will copy the forumla all the way down.

~BrightestStar~ said:
VP darling, I'm no expert, but email me if you like and I'll do what I can. :)

I had msn open hoping for an Excel genius to appear, why didn't you log on? :shame:

Thanks, I managed to muddle through manually. Only took me 3 hours this time. :happy:

Excel :mad:

Because I was busy doing it all manually. :angry:

But I'm done, and I've just sent out 105 e-mails to P's. :happy:

Hopefully I'll get a lot of responses fast, and I can catch up so that S won't realize I've been slacking for the past month. :shifty: :reject:

Back
Top Bottom