X-Files 2 Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you haven't been checking out Spotnitz's blog lately, there are some fantastic pics of XF movie banners and billboards--on buildings in CA, Chile, Madrid . . .

Great stuff:

Big Light

:hyper:

Scully-still hot as hell. Redheads FTW.

Do we know if the new movie is part of the alien mythology or is it unrelated?
I thought I read that it was just a story unto itself but the previews look almost mythologistic (is that even a word?)

I liked the first film, I just felt like it should have closed the series but they had to milk it. Sorry, talk about going sour for me, personally. For 5 or 6 seasons, this show was the balls.

Thank God BSG and Lost have already been able to navigate the milking demon.

Scully-still hot as hell. Redheads FTW.

Do we know if the new movie is part of the alien mythology or is it unrelated?
I thought I read that it was just a story unto itself but the previews look almost mythologistic (is that even a word?)

Its a stand-alone story. Which is fine by me as I loved those kinds of episodes, but found the whole alien conspiracy a tad cheesy.

Well, I'm a big fan of serials. Good ones anyway. One episode into the next.
Anthology series are cool too, I guess. Like 'Tales From the Darkside', 'The Outer Limits' etc.

X Files seemed to have had a good mix of both but I liked the continuing story lines the most. It seems more interesting to me to be building towards something that just have an episode of "hey it's some weird shit!" then it ends with no real resolution about what the 'weird' was all about. I mean it does resolve to an extent but it doesn't, you know what I mean?

Like for example with The Twilight Zone, it could be a story about a parallel universe that just all of a sudden ends mysteriously, there is no explanation of why it occured or where it came from but it was usually pretty awesome. The X Files had plenty of stand alone episodes that were awesome, don't get me wrong. I guess I just preferred the bigger story.

The last shot of Season 8 (have I ever mentioned how much I LOVED Season 8!) is where Mulder tells Scully that they both know what the Truth is, the Truth that they've both been denying, and then he leans in, across the baby, and plants a big, wet one right on her lips. The camera holds for a beat, pans back to full frame, and then fades to black.

So yeah. They kissed on the series. Once. :rant: :laugh:

I found it. Yay! See:
I had goosebumps so hard when they did this!

They also kissed in the series finale. Oh, and in the episode "Millennium" in season 7, as they watched the ball drop on TV after bidding their farewells to Frank Black in the insane asylum, or wherever it was.

And in the episode "Triangle," where Mulder ended up on a boat during WWII in the Bermuda Triangle, and kissed Scully ... who wasn't really Scully. He kissed her before getting off the boat, and she socked him in the jaw. :lol:

I watched the whole thing but was pretty fed up by season 9. I'll eventually pick up the DVDs for season 8 - there were some good episodes there, and Mulder was at least somewhat present. But no way in hell will I buy the final season.

i didn't see much of season 7 or 8, so i missed those. but i did love that triangle episode. that was hilarious.

Season 7 is really pretty awesome, some great episodes. You should definitely try and buy a used copy, or rent them, or find them online.

Triangle rules. I loved the split-screen bit where the present Scully and the past Scully are running around on the boat, and they cross paths and end up on the opposite side of the screens ... and both do this hilarious double-take.

Mulder: Scully?
Scully: Yes?
Mulder: I love you.
Scully: Oh brother.

I can't believe you of all people didn't stick it through to the bitter end...

It might be better if you don't watch the final season - or at least the finale, it really ended everything off on a bad note imo...

i can only see something i love suffer so much :(
i was just really annoyed with the turn it had taken. i instead settled for reruns on FX and old videotapes when i wanted my XF fix

Season 7 is really pretty awesome, some great episodes. You should definitely try and buy a used copy, or rent them, or find them online.

Triangle rules. I loved the split-screen bit where the present Scully and the past Scully are running around on the boat, and they cross paths and end up on the opposite side of the screens ... and both do this hilarious double-take.

Mulder: Scully?
Scully: Yes?
Mulder: I love you.
Scully: Oh brother.

haha the split screen was the best part!!!! so clever. i'll see about adding season 7 to my queue or something. now you've made me curious.

That would be season 7. "Hollywood A.D." It's AWESOME.

Plus, it's got one of my favorites, "Je Souhaite," about the genie.

My favorite scene from that episode is something that happens in the background. Mulder is talking to Garry Shandling, and in the background, you see Tea Leoni watching Scully run back and forth across the soundstage ... showing her how she runs all the time in her heels. :lol:

My favorite scene from that episode is something that happens in the background. Mulder is talking to Garry Shandling, and in the background, you see Tea Leoni watching Scully run back and forth across the soundstage ... showing her how she runs all the time in her heels. :lol:

:lol: i did catch that one. the bathtub phone party was great. that was a funny episode too. i guess season 7 can't be too bad if that episode spawned from it

mulder, is that a flashlight in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? :lol:

I have to say, the funny ones stand out the most in my mind.

Did you see the episode where the babies were being born with tails? lol.

Triangle is one of the best episodes :up:. I need to dig out my tapes I recorded every episode before DD stop being a regular.

:lmao: :lmao: I was HOWLING during that part. FREAKIN' HILARIOUS! :laugh:

Did you see the episode where the babies were being born with tails?

Small Potatoes is another awesome episode - David Duchovny was completely great at the physical comedy once Eddie Van Blundht (the h is silent, yo!) had taken over Mulder's body.

(Although to be honest, I don't feel completely comfortable loving the episode, considering Van Blundht is basically going around raping women in the episode, and that's never given much consideration in the script.)

Back
Top Bottom