X-Files 2 Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New article from IGN:
http://tv.ign.com/articles/862/862756p1.html

Cool picture of some previous cast members and former writers, directors and producers:
http://media.tv.ign.com/media/825/825106/img_5399289.html
(I think Lazarus would agree Carter looks in the best shape of all of them. Langly looks so much better with short hair! Writer Howard Gordon of "24" and Writer Steven Maeda of "CSI" are among them, as is that bastard Glen Morgan who screwed up Millennium's second season. His awesome baby brother Darin Morgan was there, too, though.)

Last edited:
I read somewhere the trailer will debut May 2nd with Iron Man.

Kind of soon for a July release. They're probably banking on the huge fanbase / word-of-mouth instead of a huge marketing campaign.

The poster is BA.

Last edited:
Wow, I just checked out this thread for the first time.

Cool to see a bunch of you guys were fans of the Files :up:. I'd heard a little bit about the movie comin out this year, but not too much.

Anyway....that poster.... well it gives me strange and funny feelings. In a good way. That might be the coolest teaser poster I've seen since Episode III.

Miss Dana and The Fox back on the big screen? Making a big-ass X with their sexy shadows? COUNT ME IN!!!

July is going to have the single greatest 3-weekend summer stretch I've likely ever experienced:

Hellboy II - July 11
The Dark Knight - July 18
The X-File Movie 2 - July 25

Damn son.

I'm now on the third Mythology boxed set, and just realized Fight The Future falls right after the third episode on the first disc, between "The End" and "The Beginning".

Damn!

So I just ordered that online, hopefully it will get here by the time I'm ready for it.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they got Darren Morgan to write a script for a movie? He may have wrote only four or five episodes but they were class.

Him or Vince Gilligan anyway.

FitzChivalry said:
I went to a preview-test screening for this horror movie called "Mirrors" (which was *really* good, by the way) and in the theater they had the teaser poster for X-Files 2.

I so wanted to break the glass/plastic and steal the poster!!!!! :drool:

:lol:

:lol: I think we'd all want the poster. :drool:

New pics :hyper::hyper::hyper:

I'll post a link to the website with the pics incase anyone doesn't want to see them.

http://www.xfilesnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=271&Itemid=32

Am so excited for 1st August ( when we get the film in the UK ). :faint:

Official title was announced...

'X-Files' movie title revealed

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- The truth is finally out there about the new "X-Files" movie title.

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are back in "The X-Files: I Want to Believe."

The second big-screen spinoff of the paranormal TV adventure will be called "The X-Files: I Want to Believe," Chris Carter, the series' creator and the movie's director and co-writer, told The Associated Press.

Distributor 20th Century Fox signed off on the title Wednesday.

The title is a familiar phrase for fans of the series that starred David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson as FBI agents chasing after aliens and supernatural happenings. "I Want to Believe" was the slogan on a poster Duchovny's UFO-obsessed agent Fox Mulder had hanging in the cluttered basement office where he and Anderson's Dana Scully worked.

"It's a natural title," Carter said in a telephone interview Tuesday during a break from editing the film. "It's a story that involves the difficulties in mediating faith and science. 'I Want to Believe.' It really does suggest Mulder's struggle with his faith."

"I Want to Believe" comes 10 years after the first film and six years after the finale of the series, whose opening credits for much of its nine-year run featured the catch-phrase "the truth is out there."

Due in theaters July 25, the movie will not deal with aliens or the intricate mythology about interaction between humans and extraterrestrials that the show built up over the years, Carter said.

Instead, it casts Mulder and Scully into a stand-alone, earth-bound story aimed at both serious "X-Files" fans and newcomers, he said.

"It has struck me over the last several years talking to college-age kids that a lot of them really don't know the show or haven't seen it," Carter said. "If you're 20 years old now, the show started when you were 4. It was probably too scary for you or your parents wouldn't let you watch it. So there's a whole new audience that might have liked the show. This was made to, I would call it, satisfy everyone."

Hardcore fans need not worry that the movie will be going back to square one, though, Carter said. The movie will be true to the spirit of the show and everything Mulder and Scully went through, he said.

"The reason we're even making the movie is for the rabid fans, so we don't want to insult them by having to take them back through the concept again," Carter said.

Carter said he settled on "I Want to Believe" from the time he and co-writer Frank Spotnitz started on the screenplay. It took so long to go public with it because studio executives wanted to make sure it was a marketable title, he said.

The filmmakers have kept the story tightly under wraps to prevent plot spoilers from leaking on the Internet, a phenomenon that barely existed when the first movie came out in 1998.

"We went to almost comical lengths to keep the story a secret," Carter said. "That included allowing only the key crew members to read the script, and they had to read it in a room that had video cameras trained on them. It was a new experience."

I don't like it.

I think it's the "I" in I Want to Believe in the title that makes it sound awkward. Yeah yeah, I know the importance of the statement in regards to the show's history, but it's still a goofy-sounding movie title. Makes me think of "I know Who Killed Me" or something. And that's not good.

I like the title think it's pretty good :up: Btw when I was at the movies last week they had The X-Files poster up on the wall. Is it wrong that I wanted to remove it and add it to my collection? :wink:. Looks so much cooler up close then in the picture!

monkeyskin said:
Wouldn't it be awesome if they got Darren Morgan to write a script for a movie? He may have wrote only four or five episodes but they were class.

Him or Vince Gilligan anyway.
Interesting note about Vince Gilligan is he's the executive producer and probably head writer for this show on American Movie Classics starring that guy from the episode "Drive" and the dentist from Seinfeld and the dad from "Malcolm in the Middle"; the show is called "Breaking Bad" and it's about this guy dealing with dying of cancer. Seemed alright.

Anyway, did you know Darin Morgan was supposed to write a season 4 episode, but he was late, so they had to come up with "Momento Mori" and the Scully-gets-cancer storyline. Darin only follows his big brother Glen around, so if you want some pretty good Darin Morgan episodes, check out Millennium Season 2; he wrote and directed 2 episodes and one is called "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense"; they and 2 other episodes are the only thing worth a damn that whole season. Glen and James Wong really messed up Millennium.

Season 1 is magnificent, though!

BonosBaby12 said:
I like the title think it's pretty good :up: Btw when I was at the movies last week they had The X-Files poster up on the wall. Is it wrong that I wanted to remove it and add it to my collection? :wink:. Looks so much cooler up close then in the picture!

I agree. The title fits because all of us die-hards have been believing in a sequel for years now.

BB12, you behave! I know that movie stores and theaters will give you there posters and cardboards once they are done with them. I have a life size cut out of Gerard Butler's 300 poster myself:lol:

If all the promo pics from the movie are going to be as awesome as this, I might just die from all the pretty.

xfilesheadshot.jpg

Carmelu2fan said:

I agree. The title fits because all of us die-hards have been believing in a sequel for years now.

BB12, you behave! I know that movie stores and theaters will give you there posters and cardboards once they are done with them. I have a life size cut out of Gerard Butler's 300 poster myself:lol:

I promise I will behave! :sexywink: They better give some posters out! :madwife: :lol:

Cori you made my day with posting that picture :drool: After all of these these years Mulder and Scully still make a beautiful couple!

I just finished watching Fight The Future. I don't know why the film gets such a bad rep, but I wish they would have used Mark Snow's normal instrumentation instead of the full-blown OTT orchestra.

The ending with the cornfields in Africa is just as good as I remembered it.

lazarus said:
I just finished watching Fight The Future. I don't know why the film gets such a bad rep, but I wish they would have used Mark Snow's normal instrumentation instead of the full-blown OTT orchestra.

The ending with the cornfields in Africa is just as good as I remembered it.

Ahh, memories! Now I'm going to have to dig up my tape and watch it again. It's been too long. I agree on the Mark Snow. That other stuff was just way over the top.

Back
Top Bottom