True Blood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I loved this season. The Russell storyline was fantastic and I was actually sad to see him go. I'm hoping he somehow managed to escape so we can see him again next season but that's what I had hoped for Franklin, too.

I knew Eric would be out in no time because his prodigy would go to him.

As for Russell. I think they have him on ice with only one way out. Keep in mind he has the silver chains wrapped around him, so he can't get out by himself. So what's left?

Only Bill with a jack hammer. Why would Bill free him?
Who does Russell want to kill more than anyone else?

Also, it seemed like Tara was making some kind of final exit.

You will remember the conversation she had with Sam. He said if she wanted to start over without all the craziness, all she had to do was pick up and go someplace else.

I am glad to see her go. Season one, when this was fresh and Sookie was a waitress they worked well together. These plots have gotten so convoluted, they are no longer interesting.

Also, what is this with Jason, being the head of the toothless, in-bred clan. With his werecat woman gone I doubt he would have any real interest.

Also, what is this with Jason, being the head of the toothless, in-bred clan. With his werecat woman gone I doubt he would have any real interest.

One of the things that's interesting about Jason is that even though he seems to be kind of dumb, he winds up doing the right thing in the end. Like when he saved the town at the end of last season. Or when he saved Tara this season by shooting Franklin with wooden bullets. I think stuff like helping the cat clan will be right up his alley. Plus, I bet we haven't seen the last of Crystal.

I've spent most of the weekend with True Blood DVDs, I consume my TV shows like I do my chocolate blocks - all in one go :D It's quite addictive, though three-quarters into the 2nd season I haven't enjoyed it anywhere as much as the first one - didn't really care for either Maryann or church storylines and way too much action happened outside of the main setting, which for me was one of the big charms of the first season. And while by now I'm used to Sookie, her character just doesn't ring true to me for some reason - I'm not sure how much of it is writing and how much is Anna Paquin's acting. Still, my friend who is now watching Season 3 says it's great so I look forward to it.

I've just finished Season 3. It kinda felt like Season 2 reversed - that one was mostly meh but nevertheless built up to a couple of terrific episodes with a cliffhanger that made me forget my usual rule of waiting until real DVDs. Season 3 on the other hand was awesome until the last few episodes which disintegrated into a whole lot of meh and most of the finale's cliffhangers didn't interest me much.

Love:
- Russell and his storyline were fantastic, hooked me from the first scene he appeared in. I liked his drama-queen consort too :D

- Franklin was a highly entertaining psycho, his part was thinner than Russell's but James Frain played the heck out of it and had some of the best lines.

- Eric and Pam and their deadpan humour.

- Jessica and Hoyt are still my favourite human/vampire relationship on the show :love: That doll on the floor looked creepy, could that be a reference to voodoo maybe?

Hate
- I hope Tara is off the show for good, or that at least the writers will stop making her a constant victim. I liked her in the first season but her bug-eyed expressions, quivery lips and tears really got on my nerves.

- Sam: WTF? I've nothing against the characters getting darker, but Sam's turnaround felt jarring and contrived.

- Jason/Crystal/inbreds storyline: boring boring boring.

- The whole fairy land stuff was cringeworthy, especially when the show first plonked me into it during super-intense scenes with Sookie's life hanging by a thread. It looks like something from Anne Geddes' catalogue :yuck:

Hopefully the last episodes were a hiccup and the show will pick up next year.

^ I loved all of your loves, and hated all of your hates. The entire Jason/Crystal mess was a complete and utter waste of airtime. I also found LaFayette's story a little disappointed although his visions at the end did somewhat peak my curiosity for Season 4.

The entire Jason/Crystal mess was a complete and utter waste of airtime. I also found LaFayette's story a little disappointed although his visions at the end did somewhat peak my curiosity for Season 4.

I actually liked Lafayette's storyline better before he and his boyfriend started to experiment with V. I was bored during their crazy visions, we had that already during Season 1.

I hope they cut down the amount of storylines next year - too often the main characters seemed isolated from each other in their own separate stories; I kept forgetting that Tara was supposed to be Sookie's best friend and that Jason was her brother.

:shrug: I liked season 3 a lot, though I definitely agree with you about Sam, he was my favorite character in the first two seasons.

Alright, in a moment of weakness I watched the first 8 min. of Season 4 on HBO Go. :crazy:

I've rewatched Season 2 recently and enjoyed it much better than on my first viewing. I think that after Season 3 I appreciated the fact that in second series there was more interaction between the characters, and the overall church/Maryann storylines seemed better on repeat viewing for some reason. And the scene where Jason plays the horned god (with Andy's help) still has me in stitches :lol:

Does that help you decide America?
Do not turn off the camera!!!!! You've seen how quickly I can kill. Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Russell Edgington and I have been a vampire for nearly three-thousand years. Now, the American Vampire League wishes to perpetuate the idea that we are just like you. I suppose in a few small ways we are. We're narcissists. We care only about getting what we want no matter what the cost just like you. Global warming, perpetual war, toxic waste, child labor, torture, genocide, That's a small price to pay for your SUVs and your flat screen TVs, your blood diamonds, your designer jeans, your absurd garish McMansions! Futile symbols of pertanence to quell your quivering, spineless souls. But no, in the end we are nothing like you.
We are immortal. Because we drink the true blood. Blood that is living, organic and human. And that is the truce the AVL wishes to conceal from you because let's face it eating people is a tough sale these days so they put on their friendly faces to pass their beloved VRA but make no mistake. Mine is the true face of vampire! Why would we seek equal rights? You are not our equals. We will eat you after we eat your children.

... and Now time for the weather. Tiffany?
- Russell Edgington

tumblr_l7byocO49c1qz9qooo1_500.jpg

I finished watching Season 3 on DVD this weekend - just in time! I'm really looking forward to Season 4.

I agree with all the other complaints about Season 3 - especially Saracene's - but I want to add something: what was with the scene with Sam and Bill in the first episode, where the two almost got it on in Sam's dream? Hot as it was, it was pointless because it never led to anything for the rest of the season. If they do something for Season 4, then that dream should've been done for this season, not all the way back in 3.

Besides that, totally looking forward to tonight!

what was with the scene with Sam and Bill in the first episode, where the two almost got it on in Sam's dream? Hot as it was, it was pointless because it never led to anything for the rest of the season. If they do something for Season 4, then that dream should've been done for this season, not all the way back in 3.

I'm pretty sure that was just a little throwaway "wink" to the fans. The show knows they have a bunch of attractive male leads, and they aren't shy about getting them half-naked and even, in this case, having them almost make out. I wouldn't read too much into it. It was a typical Alan Ball dream sequence, just one of those off-kilter "Is this really happening?!?" sequences to make sure the audience is paying attention. He did it a lot on his previous show, Six Feet Under.

I'm also super pumped for the premiere tonight.

Hmmm. Interesting premiere.

I like the twist of having everything pushed a whole year ahead of last year's finale. It means there are a lot of gaps that need to be filled, little plot points that need to be resolved, and it will be fun to see how it all comes together. Smart choice by the writers. There's definitely an air of mystery now, because we don't know exactly what all these characters have been doing for the last 12 and a half months, or what the immediate consequences were of all the season 3 "cliffhangers." Specifically, what the fuck is going on with Bill?

Are we to assume that he won the fight with Queen Sophie Anne, and that she's dead? This would make me very sad.

After the episode they said that next week's is already up and can be watched on HBOGO.com or something. I think that is going to be difficult to resist and I'll probably be watching it here in a minute.

Guh! Loved the first episode! And the ending was :drool::drool::drool:

Oh yeah, is Bill running for office in Bon Temps? I got that impression, maybe I'm wrong.

Barring the absolutely retarded other realm crap in the first 10 minutes or so, that was ridiculously entertaining, the crap's only saving grace is that it set the stage for the time jump premise.

I don't quite get how Eric can say Sookie is his, she could just live somewhere else and not invite him in.

Oh and I'm not going to watch next week's until at least Sunday, come on, then it would be 2 weeks between episodes.

Me too, but how could it? Why bother leading up to it last season and open like that only to drop it? That said there weren't any hints at it in the season preview after the premiere. Let's hope it disappears or gets a hell of a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom