True Blood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Russell is batshit. I'll be sad to see him die which he'll likely do in the season finale. Eric gets his revenge, or maybe he and Bill can tag team him. I loved it when Jason finally killed Franklin.:up: I can't wait to find out what Bill found out about Sookie.

This felt like a bit of a letdown, if only because it's so hard to follow the brilliant out of nowhere Russell moment that closed last week's episode. I mean, that was one of the more memorable sequences I can remember in recent TV.

But still some good stuff. I like how they handled the big "Sookie is a fairy" reveal. Putting it out there right at the top and giving it a twist of humor: "I'm a fairy? That is so fucking lame!" or whatever she said. I still heart Sookie and Bill.

And I liked the Sam flashbacks (starring certified total cutie Arielle Kebbel). And that Hoyt and Jessica seem to be back on track.

I've said it before, though, that I love Lafayette and that he's always been my favorite character...and I gotta say that the biggest disappointment I have with Season 3 is his plot line. The whole plot with him and Jesus (although it's nice that Lafayette is getting some) just isn't very strong and doesn't really seem to be going anywhere. Easier said than done, but the writers need to figure out what to do with our Lafayette.

we finally got something more on Jason's beat up girl friend, after about 3 weeks of stringing us along

are they cat people? or shifters?

This felt like a bit of a letdown, if only because it's so hard to follow the brilliant out of nowhere Russell moment that closed last week's episode. I mean, that was one of the more memorable sequences I can remember in recent TV.

But still some good stuff. I like how they handled the big "Sookie is a fairy" reveal. Putting it out there right at the top and giving it a twist of humor: "I'm a fairy? That is so fucking lame!" or whatever she said. I still heart Sookie and Bill.

And I liked the Sam flashbacks (starring certified total cutie Arielle Kebbel). And that Hoyt and Jessica seem to be back on track.

I've said it before, though, that I love Lafayette and that he's always been my favorite character...and I gotta say that the biggest disappointment I have with Season 3 is his plot line. The whole plot with him and Jesus (although it's nice that Lafayette is getting some) just isn't very strong and doesn't really seem to be going anywhere. Easier said than done, but the writers need to figure out what to do with our Lafayette.

:up:

Agree on all counts. Lafayette and Jesus' V tripping scene was too long and pretty lame as well.

Sam's flashback was one of the more interesting Sam-things.

I just caught up with last week's show last night - oh man, that ending was FANTASTIC!

So glad that batshit Tara-raping vampire bit the bullet (literally).

19706_lindsay-pulsipher-de-true-blood.jpg

that one ^

and the new Wiccan at Merlotts are making it interesting
you know us men need a little variety.

Easier said than done, but the writers need to figure out what to do with our Lafayette.

The writers haven't known what to do with him since Season Two started and they went off script (from the novels). I like him and all but, because they don't know what to do with him, he's become a parody/caricature of himself and, to be perfectly honest, I really wouldn't mind at all if he wasn't on the show anymore. :shrug:

Just caught up with the last two episodes last night and I must say, the BEST DAMN PART OF BOTH EPISODES, was when Russell was looking down on Nan and he has Talbot's gelatinous remains in the glass urn and he says, "Look, Talbot . . . " and then he turns the urn around to the other side so Talbot could "look". :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yet another great show last night! About time Tara's character started acting like her old self. The ending definitely had me sitting on the edge of my seat. Expecting great things to come out of the season finale. This by far has been the best season of True Blood.

I hope this is a good series.

opening post from two years ago

I think my hope has been realized

season finale, tonight

Sukie "Can you levitate?
Can you turn into a bat?
Can you turn invisable?"

Bill "No"

Sukie "Well, Bill what can you do?"

Bill "I can save your life."
"I can smell the sunlight on your skin."

trueblood.jpg

Nice to see that the final didn't disappoint at all! Was great actually being surprised by some of the relevations. In my opinion Russell stole the first half of the show. Shame that it appears he won't be around next season. The exchanges with him and Eric were pretty comical lol. Sucks having to wait until next summer for another season but it will definitely be worth the wait!

Btw hope they keep Tara's hair short she looks so much better with it cut

Did not like having to look at burned Russell for the whole episode. I don't get grossed out easily, but that charred skin is so fucking...ugh. Gives me the chills and really creeps me out. Nasty shit.

At the moment I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed by this finale, but they've certainly pushed some buttons and are sending their characters in a bunch of of different, unexpected directions.

I think the most memorable moment of the episode was Eric showing up at the door out of nowhere, covered in cement, and spilling the beans about Bill. Damn. Did not see any of that coming.

Last night's show was decent. It didn't seem like a finale though. It just seemed like a show that was setting up for next season.

This show has never had wrapped up finales, the whole sires is just continuous, yet all over the internet people are complaining that things weren't tied up in a bow. Sure it sucks to have to wait 9 months, but I liked the tension they have already built up for next year. The one thing I'm uber-pissed about thou is evil-Sam, he used to be my favorite character. Also, I liked Tara's long hair way better.

Things to note, the title of the episode was Evil is Goin On, and that seemed kind of true with many people acting uncharacteristically evil (even Sookie with he rep sadistic laugh as she sent Talbot down the garbage disposal), perhaps that has something to do with the black magic eluded to. And... WTF was up with that lingering shot of the creepy doll in Hoyt and Jessica's house??

Anyway, every year people harp on about how much better the show was during season 1, much the same way with other shows (it is like the indie music kid mantra of 'the first album was better'), people complained about season 2 and they're seemingly even more vocal about it this year, I happened to think S1 was superior to 2 but I still really enjoyed it, and I liked this year a lot more than last year. I just don't know what people are expecting, it is a ridiculous soap dressed up with blood/violence and the supernatural with some genuine moments of drama. To me, the only case of a show completely peaking in the first season was Heroes, which is one of the greatest single seasons in network television history... and then it got really convoluted.

Season 1 is still my favorite - it felt more local and I loved the whole whodunit storyline.

But I did like this season better than Season 2. Russell and his arc was just FANTASTIC (as he would say). Also, I predict he gets freed from the cement and comes back eventually. Maybe not next season, but eventually.

And... WTF was up with that lingering shot of the creepy doll in Hoyt and Jessica's house??

Wow, good call, I totally forgot about that. What the fuck was that about? It's way creepier too that they didn't even address it at all. There are probably some fucked up things in the future for Hoyt and Jessica. And we did see Hoyt's Mom buying that rifle near the end of the episode.

Hmmmm.

I loved this season. The Russell storyline was fantastic and I was actually sad to see him go. I'm hoping he somehow managed to escape so we can see him again next season but that's what I had hoped for Franklin, too.

I don't need a finale to wrap things up in a bow, I just thought the writing wasn't great and it was kind of slow instead of exciting. But whatever, I am looking forward to next season.

About the creepy doll...I rewound that bit and I swear the thing said something, or cried, or made some kind of noise. Anybody else get that?

Also, it seemed like Tara was making some kind of final exit.

Back
Top Bottom