True Blood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't decide how I feel about this show. As Mr.Z said "I don't think I like it but I'm totally hooked."

I'm really sick of the Sookie/Bill conversation "But you have a heart and you're good!" :barf: :yawn: And call me a prude but the MaryAnn orgy thing made me a little uncomfortable. And the Bill/Maker flashback just kinda made me sick to my stomach. I really wanna like this show but I just don't know if I can.

Does it remind anyone else of Twin Peaks?

Sookie gets on my nerves a little bit sometimes but I still love her and her sassypants.

I'm finding that while I generally like all the story lines okay, it's the vampires, Sookie, and Lafayette I'm always most interested in.

She won an Emmy (Golden Globe?) for being pretty . . . err, I mean, pretty ridiculous. :wink:

I love Sookie, as self-righteous and high & mighty as she is, I still love her to death.

It was a Golden Globe, yeah.

Sookie was one of the first things that hooked me on the show. In case you guys didn't know this about me already, all it takes for me to like something is a pretty girl. If there is a pretty girl in it, I like it. Very simple math. But this show also has cool, mysterious plot lines, a lot of humor, great cliffhangers, an awesome back woods Louisiana setting, and Lafayette...the baddest motherfuckin gay fry cook this side of the Mississippi.

Yes!

It's called "Bad Things" and it's by Jace Everett, a country music singer/songwriter guy from Indiana.

So, on the last episode, do you think
Sarah shot Jason with a paintball gun?

Yeah, I think so. Jason isn't dead, that's for sure.

Speaking of Jason, my favorite moment of the episode was when he said "Don't you ever talk about my sister!" and proceeded to beat the piss and shit out of Gabe. That was awesome.

The scenes between Hoyt and Jessica are very sweet. I hope they don't ruin that plot line somehow.

And, as usual with this show, the last 5 minutes were thrilling. Eric running to Sookie's rescue but Godric already had it under control.

Also, it was a shame when Daphne said that MaryAnn is "immortal", because I really really want that bitch to die and get written off the show. Of course, Daphne was a pawn and probably doesn't know what she's talking about. So hopefully MaryAnn will die. And soon. And hopefully it's Sam that kills her.

So, on the last episode, do you think
Sarah shot Jason with a paintball gun?

:hmm:

TrueBloodS02E07HDTVXviD-NoTVavi_002.jpg

zuropa, this is what happened:

Basically, Andy the drunken sheriff, crashed the orgy. He fired his gun, and in the confusion, Sam took off running. He shifted into a bird and flew away from Maryann who was chasing him.

Do we really have to use spoiler tags in this fucking thread? Of all places, I thought that the True Blood thread would be safe. But it seems we've fallen victim to the light of day brigade. fuck. fuck this .

Wow, on behalf of Bill and Sookie, I'd like to apologize for the above post. Of course we can use spoiler tags in this thread. I need to stop drinking. Also, I love this show and I hope MarryAnn dies soon.

Peace out.

Wow, on behalf of Bill and Sookie, I'd like to apologize for the above post. Of course we can use spoiler tags in this thread. I need to stop drinking. Also, I love this show and I hope MarryAnn dies soon.

Peace out.

I'm guessing MaryAnn will be around until the end of this season. Hopefully not longer than that. She's kind of a fun evil character and all but pretty limited so far and her orgy shtick is growing old. And I need more Lafayette and I need it beginning Sunday night. :angry: I'm also excited about the new Godric character. As for Jason, maybe the gunshot sound was somebody shooting that blond witch before she could shoot Jason?

Horrible! Oh my God episode 8, "Timebomb", was horrible!

Horribly written and even more horribly directed. Wow. Even the actors couldn't save this melodramatic schlep. Really, really bad. Definitely the worst episode of the series so far.

Wow. I am just blown away by how awful that episode was. I'm kind of in shock.

Choppy, no flow, no arc, no sustained tension. It was like a bad, bad high-school play where a series of mini-melodramatic crises are forcefully presented and just as quickly resolved. Preachy, no subtlety, no craft. Blech. I cannot emphasize enough how amateurish and juvenile this episode was.

I need something to wash the bad taste of this episode out of my mouth.

Please never let John Dahl direct another episode of True Blood. Please!

I saw Dahl directed it. But I blame the writers.

It was my least favorite episode, too.

I am tiring of Bill and Sookie. I am way tired of MaryAnn.

And Sam in the lock up for a killing he did not do. Just seems like a recycle of the Jason story. Eric and Bill's young vamp still seem compelling and perhaps this Eric's maker, if they don't go overboard on him.

Yeah, I didn't mind Godrick. I like what he brings to the table..fresh. I still like Eric but damn if I'm not getting tired of Sookie and her delivery. Does every word have to come out sounding pissy?

MaryAnn needs to go. That dinner scene made me gag but the whole thing is being dragged out as if they don't know what to do with it.

Did anyone anticipate what happened with Jessica?! They made reference to the virgin thing but I never thought she'd be trapped like that. Major suckage!!

Sam has bored me from the start so whatev :|

More Godrick, and some new cool vamps please. :up:

I liked the episode. :reject:

And I can't help but disagree with a couple of your sentiments there, Fitz. Comparing it to a bad high-school play...hasn't the show always been a bit like that with its campy vibe? And complaining that it lacked subtlety and was too juvenile...I think subtle is about the last word you could use to describe anything about this show. And it's always been a bit juvenile. I believe the very first scene in the Pilot episode was some dude trying to get road dome from his girlfriend. We're way past juvenile here.

I don't know.

But I still love it. Like I said, I enjoyed this most recent one. I'm not watching the show for groundbreaking writing and production values. I watch because there are good-looking people doing funny/cool shit. And this episode had that, for me. I liked getting to know Godric. He seems like a good guy. And I was satisfied with the big showdown in the Church, bringing that whole arc to a conclusion. Jason OWNING Reverend Steve was awesome. Poppin him between the eyes with a paintball. "I think I've already been to heaven...I was inside your wife!" Oh snap.

And the cliffhanger was a very good one, I thought. Although I'm guessing that Luke screwed something up when he rigged the bomb to his chest and it'll probably just backfire on his dumbass.

I am not without any complaints, though. I'll join deep in the camp of being sick to death of MaryAnn. I've been bored of her for a while. And we need more Lafayette!! He has no plot-line to speak of right now.

I too enjoyed the last episode. I was a little disappointed with Godric, however. With his age and all, I expected him to be the badassest of badasses. But he's just so... nicey nicey :(

I wonder why Maryann (?) is trying to frame Sam. And he could just turn into a cockroach and get the hell out of there.

As for Maryann herself, she's just cool. She is quite the effective villain. I always found her quite unsettling. I still wonder what she gains from organizing these group orgies. And why is she cutting out people's hearts? Clearly she doesn't need them for nourishment. But either way, I'm sure her time is running out.

Poor Jessica. I hated her at first, but she's sweet now. I still suspect she's going to devour her boyfriend at some point.

And we need more Lafayette!! He has no plot-line to speak of right now.

Yeah. I've been saying this for awhile now and still we get nothing. :angry:

Funny thing is that neither Sookie nor Bill are very good actors. Sookie really got on my nerves in this episode, especially interrogating that traitor in the cell. She did not deliver one line believably.

I agree that this episode was a mess. I also agree with GAF that I still thoroughly enjoyed it anyway. I just laughed at all the dumb stuff. It was pretty over the top. My friend nearly became physically sick over Mary Ann's meal.

I like Godrick, mostly because I like hot vampires, apparently.

And yep, waiting for Jessica to eat the poor boy.

I liked the episode. :reject:

Jason OWNING Reverend Steve was awesome. Poppin him between the eyes with a paintball. "I think I've already been to heaven...I was inside your wife!" Oh snap.

And we need more Lafayette!! He has no plot-line to speak of right now.

I liked it, too..even when it's bad, it's good :up:

Forgot about Jason's line to Rev. Steve !

Yes, more Lafayette. He's tied to Eric with the vamp blood so I'm guessing we'll see more of him soon.

I think Godrick may wind up having something up his sleeve. He might not be as nice as we think.

Back
Top Bottom