The Amazing Race 13 - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2008, 02:45 AM   #136
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post

Ken & Tina putting their rings back on at the very end was so sweet.
Ken deserves a million bucks, just for putting up with her.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:05 AM   #137
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:18 AM
I wonder, timewise, how close it was between Nick & Starr vs. Ken & Tina. Congrats to Nick & Starr - they earned/deserved it. And yes, the ring exchange at the end was sweet. Amazed to see the frat boys make it to the finish line, LOL. I was waiting for them to go low & wet & try to balance & fall into the water Seemed only fitting that their cab driver was lost from the start, so they didn't even seem to be contenders. And it was sad that Tony & Dallas couldn't be there at the end. Guess they couldn't get on the same flight as the rest of the contestants (yes, I know the passport situation probably caused delays).

Old 12-08-2008, 07:21 AM   #138
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Ken deserves a million bucks, just for putting up with her.

so true! So true! I recorded it tonite so will FF thru it during the week. I guess it's a good thing Tina and Ken decided to stay together. Glad to hear Starr and Nick won it tho, they played a good game throughout.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:51 AM   #139
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
And no Toni and Dallas at the finish line...looks like they're trapped in Russia forever.

I noticed they were not there too
Old 12-08-2008, 09:10 PM   #140
Blue Crack Overdose

I am sure the network, show producers, etc. helped them get the passport issue straightened out.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:11 AM   #141
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:18 PM
Dayum! I just watched 8 episodes of this season...Nick/Starr won like all but one of those legs.

On the reverse end, those frat boys are the luckiest team ever to make it to the F3. Worse than Charla/Mirna or Ray/Yolanda. Just awful, awful mistakes on a consistent basis, but they always had somebody else foolishly going for a fast forward or losing their money/passports, etc.

All in all, it wasn't a great season. Mildly entertaining but there just really wasn't a single team of big characters when there's usually at least three or four (and in the case of TAR2/TAR3, like ten). I fell behind early because I'm just getting kind of tired of the format...it's so "on the rails" whereas the drama and course of a show like Big Brother or Survivor is dictated by the actual contestants. I also wish they would get rid of NELs entirely. They only had two this year since the season was a meager 11 episodes. If they bulked up and gave us like twelve teams at the start, they could have knocked it down to one or none.

All said, I'm glad Nick/Starr won it. There's been a lot of seasons, if not most, where the most consistent team pretty much always finishes in second place via some misfortune (or another team's great fortune) on the final leg. That sibling duo probably has the best leg-to-leg record in the show's history and I'm glad to see they were justly rewarded. What really killed the competition this year was the New York couple going for the fast forward...had they not done as such, Dandrew would've been eliminated then and we'd have had four strong teams racing in the last two episodes, including one more contender.

What was really stupid was how nobody decided to call Portland in advance and acquire a snazzy taxi driver. They had hundreds of dollars and could've got themselves a fast, knowledgeable one well in advance. If any of those three teams had done as such, they'd be sitting on a million dollars right now.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:25 AM   #142
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
All in all, it wasn't a great season.
Yup. I yawned throughout this finale. If Toni and Dallas were there at least it would have been a three-way race.

Agree though that Nick and Starr deserved to win.

Unfortunately, I don't see much of a future for Ken and Tina. The dynamics of their relationship are terrible and to be honest I didn't see much improvement in that during the race. The other ones that I don't think have a future was the girl with the vegetarian guy that went for the fast forward.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:16 AM   #143
Blue Crack Overdose

I watched the episode along with a bunch of other stuff on the DVR last night. It sort of made me throw up in my mouth a little over Ken and Tina's ring exchange, yuck! I agree the finale was a bust without Dallas and his mom. I am still curious if anything will progress romantically between Starr and Dallas?
Old 12-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

The right team won it. They were pretty much dominant the whole way.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #145
Refugee

Local Time: 10:18 PM
Agreed that it wasn't the best season -- there weren't teams that I loved or hated that much. I hope the casting is better next spring.

Nick and Starr were a very impressive team.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:31 AM   #146
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carek1230 View Post
I am still curious if anything will progress romantically between Starr and Dallas?
I'm a member of an Amazing Race message board, and found out there that they've been dating since the show stopped shooting in May.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Starr is one fine dish...at least Dallas ended up with a bigger reward than the rest of the losers along with a first place prize for one leg.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #148
War Child

Local Time: 05:18 PM
I am more curious if the frat boys ended up doing the whole 'run through Portland' thing or if they just got a message to go straight to the finish line. Light wise it looked like they tuirned up pretty soon after Ken and Tina - and there is no way they would have been able to get through the city, find the dinosaur, the donut shop, the russian cart and then make it out to the mansion. I'm sure that nugget of info will leak at some point but it would suck to not at least run the final leg fully if you have made it to the end.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #149
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It's so weird when they go to places you've been. Like the Portland food carts & such...to think I was sitting right next to that same Russian booth eating candy while waiting for someone back in March.

And yes, they obviously just told the Frats to run things out to the end. Again, their mistake was the taxi driver. They had just as good a shot as the other two of winning. Any team would've won had they ordered an intelligent cabbie in advance. It was done before by Colin/Christie who managed to find one that even illegally went up the side of traffic, etc. You can do that in this game, so I'm shocked that nobody took advantage of things. It's a million dollars, for Christ's sake. That's what kind of made the finale lame. Imagine if Nick/Starr had gotten into the foreigner's cab? Third place. The whole season would've come down to a freakin' driver.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:31 PM   #150
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:18 PM
The girl I work with has been to the donut shop in portland....her Uncle is an artist and he has a booth somewhere near there in the summer...she was out visiting him and met a girl who goes to that donut shop every saturday...buys a big box of donuts, then hands them out around the park for free...they call her the donut angel

Tags
reality tv, the amazing race