Star Wars Episode VIII: A New Thread - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2017, 01:41 AM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:51 AM
I think cobbler (a dumbass) said he watched Revenge of the Sith first, which is just hilarious on a number of levels. So that's probably part of how he knows Hayden Christensen.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:53 AM   #92
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Why do any require more suspension of disbelief than the others? And suddenly the introduction of more dialects besides American and British English and it's somehow funny? Sounds a little racist to me. Bravo to Lucas for casting outside the box and not getting too hung up on some tiny bit of continuity. The guy who plays Captain Typho is also Maori if I'm not mistaken. Also, I'm pretty sure there's a line in The Force Awakens about them not using clones anymore so I'm not sure if your comment about Stormtroopers even makes sense.
Because it's insanely boring.

I am also yet to meet a Maori person who doesn't laugh that the Star Wars original Nazi equivalent are brown folks, if they like Star Wars and it ends up coming up in conversation.

I'm aware they don't use clones anymore by The Force Awakens, that's why Finn freaks and joins the Resistance by and large.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:02 AM   #93
45:33

Local Time: 12:51 AM
Correction, dumbass, I watched Revenge of the Sith translated into Chinese and then translated back into English and overdubbed.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:23 AM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

Haha. That's wild. I can't say I've ever watched a movie in that way before.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:16 AM   #95

It was pretty funny that that was my first introduction to Star Wars. I'll see if I can find the link for you tonight - the ending (where Vader screams "nooooo") ends up being "do not waaaaant", it's really funny.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:42 AM   #96
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Anyway, it was worse before Lucas fixed it, when you had some old dude who Anakin could never have possibly looked like because his face was burned when he was much younger.
It was fine the way it was. In fact I find it rather telling that a person watching it for the first time finds Christensen's inclusion to be odd because it is.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:37 AM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
It was fine the way it was. In fact I find it rather telling that a person watching it for the first time finds Christensen's inclusion to be odd because it is.
Right
If Anakin's ghost shows up as Christensen, shouldn't Obi show as MacGregor?

Regarding the burns, we're seeing his essence/aura or whatever you want to call it not his actual physical self, so its fine to have Sebastian Shaw as the older Anakin as the original version had.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:03 PM   #98
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I don't believe Vader's transformation is too abrupt, and I guess that's part of what the prequels help flesh out; Sith Lords are always plotting against their masters and Vader wasn't lying when he tried to get Luke to help him overthrow the Emperor and rule together. When he is wounded and Luke refuses to put him away at the Emperor's request, and then subsequently seeing Luke being tortured as a result is enough for me to see him turn on his master.
i believe (folks feel free to correct me if i'm wrong) that lucas already had the basic outline of the prequels written out before the original trilogy was made. so if that's true, then watching his son being tortured to death no doubt brought back memories of what happened to padme, which could easily be a trigger for his sudden change of heart.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #99
Blue Crack Addict

Just the fact that its his son being tortured/killed is enough of a reason for the change of heart. The other stuff (plotting against the master and memories of Padme) just add to it, no reason to find that change in Vader hard to believe.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:17 PM   #100
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:51 AM
True, but Vader tried to kill Luke/ chopped off his hand/sent him plummeting probably to his death like "oh well, bye" in Empire, and that was - what, a few years in between?

I like RoTJ a lot, but that's a pretty big shift in that time from "lol, bye Lefty" to his son to "Oh shit, my son is being tortured there is still good in me!"

Maybe Vader found Jesus in between.

(I don't really feel that strongly about it, I just finally had something to add to the conversation here.)
Old 06-21-2017, 12:37 AM   #101

Yeah I mean I don't feel strongly about it either, purely because the ending is really nice and I loved it, it just seems a little tonally odd that he has a complete reversal in the space of three or four minutes. Maybe some more exposition on Vader in ROTJ would have helped.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:58 AM   #102

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/06/t...its-directors/
Old 06-21-2017, 07:57 PM   #103
Refugee

Local Time: 01:51 PM
Star Wars Episode VIII: A New Thread

Later reports have claimed they were fired as current Star Wars boss Kathleen Kennedy continually disagreed with their freewheeling directing style. Something major must have happened to oust them with just 3 weeks remaining of a 5 month shoot. Why not just boot them from the editing suite when it's all in the can, maybe order some reshoots?

Big question is who will step in to finish it, and soon? Will they get credit, as I believe DGA rules state only one director, or duo, gets sole credit if they filmed over 50% of the movie. Richard Lester refilmed just enough of Superman 2 when he was brought in to replace Richard Donner to claim sole credit and I can imagine any notable director would want the same thing. Last I heard, Ron Howard was the hot rumour, would he work uncredited when not just doing narration?

This is now the 6th Star Wars film not directed by Lucas, and to my count the 4th of them with significant behind the scenes trouble. Lucas clashed frequently with Kershner on Empire, he ghost directed Jedi and of course there were Rogue One's reshoots. You'd think this franchise was practically a way of printing money but you'd best adhere to the template apparently. Can only hope Rian Johnson has injected Ep VIII with some unique personality and not turned in a 'safe' addition like Abrahm's Ep VII.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:15 PM   #104
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:51 AM
Kennedy is extremely problematic for this property.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:56 AM   #105
Blue Crack Addict

Let's assassinate Kennedy.

Wait...