Star Trek: teaser trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll always take comfort in the fact that this movie can in no way ever be worse than Insurrection or Nemesis, at the very least.

Lance, personally I gotta throw Generations in there with those two.
I hated that story with a passion. I actually prefer Nemesis to that turd.
I know that makes me in the small minority.

Sadly, I have to say that the excellent First Contact appears to be an anomaly from that whole crew. TNG was largely excellent, it's a little puzzling for me.

Lance, personally I gotta throw Generations in there with those two.
I hated that story with a passion. I actually prefer Nemesis to that turd.
I know that makes me in the small minority.

Sadly, I have to say that the excellent First Contact appears to be an anomaly from that whole crew. TNG was largely excellent, it's a little puzzling for me.

Generations felt like a lame TV episode with Kirk thrown in there, but it wasn't terrible... just kind of there. Same with Insurrection, and this is coming from the series that gave us some of the most cinematic episodes of all of Trek ("Yesterday's Enterprise," "The Best of Both Worlds," "All Good Things...," to name a few)

Nemesis at least had the balls to try something kind of new, but didn't work for whatever reason.

DM's right, First Contact kicks ass, but it's not rocket science as to why. Popular villain(s) + action-oriented = win. The Wrath of Khan formula strikes again.

I had a rebuttal typed up, but decided to erase it. I love Generations, but couldn't really defend it with any respectable logic. Don't compare it to Nemesis though. Nothing's that bad.

I'll always take comfort in the fact that this movie can in no way ever be worse than Insurrection or Nemesis, at the very least.

And that's why I can live with this movie. It won't be a boring, overlong episode like Insurrection or a complete travesty like Nemesis. Even if they drop the ball and give us a "meh" film a la Generations, at least it doesn't do that much harm to the franchise and would entertain this Trekkie for two hours.

There's a new trailer up on AICN that's nearly exactly the same until the very end, then it just kicks ass.

Holy Christ. That could be the most epic trailer I've ever seen. Thanks, Michael Giacchino!

And I didn't get to see it before Watchmen today... boo.

Holy Christ. That could be the most epic trailer I've ever seen. Thanks, Michael Giacchino!

And I didn't get to see it before Watchmen today... boo.

Everything after that shot of Kirk on the ice planet halfway through is the fucking most epic shit ever. Fuck me....!

I saw this preview on a giant screen before Watchmen tonight,
and it left me with the impression that this movie has a high potential to be cheese ball.

Agreeing with deep. It looks very corny and the trailers haven't really excited me all that much. :reject:

I think the only non-cheeseball Trek film was The Motion Picture...and that was just :yawn:

I cannot believe that they cast fucking Sylar from Heroes as Doc Spock. WEAK. And the rest of the casting is awful, too. The dude playing Kirk? Get the fuck outta here. This movie is gonna be terrible. Weak shit, seriously.

Apparently he's Sylar from Heroes. Disgusting. This dude once tried to cut off the top of Hayden Panettiere's head. That shit is punishable by death where I come from.

It does improve it, but it still goes on for too long.

Agreed. It's really long. But at least it's a rare meditative Sci-Fi film. I suppose the effort was more noble than the result. That's why I love movies like Sunshine and Solaris, they're more contemplative than most of their brethren.

By the way, the fan boy in me loves this fucking trailer, especially the 2nd half. Sometimes, shit getting all blowed up in a really cool way is enough for me.

It does improve it, but it still goes on for too long.

Definitely.

Agreed. It's really long. But at least it's a rare meditative Sci-Fi film. I suppose the effort was more noble than the result. That's why I love movies like Sunshine and Solaris, they're more contemplative than most of their brethren.

By the way, the fan boy in me loves this fucking trailer, especially the 2nd half. Sometimes, shit getting all blowed up in a really cool way is enough for me.

If it were anything other than the Star Trek brand, I may have liked it, but the 2001 treatment just didn't fit. It's arguably the most dated film of the bunch, too.

Wrath of Khan nails that tone easily, but The Final Frontier, as troubled as it is, almost gets there, too. That one has the best Kirk/Spock/Bones relationship of the bunch... too bad the rest of it sucks.

Holy shit, this new one looks fantastic. And we get aliens on the ice planet? Fucking rad.

the preview on my computer looked pretty good

but when I saw it on the big screen :no:

ZacharyQuintoSpock.jpg

could that ^ look any cheesier, looks like a SNL skit make up job.

and when teeny kirk pulls up on his motorcycle, that spaceship cgi, could not look any more fake.

Back
Top Bottom