So You Think You Can Dance - Season 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thora

Blue Crack Supplier
Anyone watching? Totally forgot it was on until tonight, when I was flipping through the channels. I'm SO glad it's back on in the summer, as I was only able to see a few episodes of the last season. Summer's much better for this show. :up:

Looks like they're changing up the format a bit, which will hopefully be a good thing. Only 10 people make it past Vegas, and I think I remember reading a few months ago that some of the old contestants will be back to be the partners for the contestants. Should be interesting!

There were some fantastic dancers tonight, but of course I've totally forgotten their names. :lol:

I'm watching. Sort of haha. Multi-tasking.

I must say that I am SO GLAD that annoying screeching Mary Murphy is not going to be on this season. :happydance:

I recorded it.

So where's Mary this season? Is she choreographing?

I think she might be choreographing some stuff, but she's definitely not judging. Although I did see her in the previews for next week...

:lol: Oh my god. :huh:

There were some really amazing dancers tonight. I really loved Kent - that kid from some podunk small unpronounceable town. He was incredible, and I'm glad he got through to Vegas.

I've only watched the first hour
some of these L A girls are pretty darn good

the choice of music, makes a difference
Lexie's choice of Joplin's Summertime was good

that tap dancer, her music was not working, a ballet?

only 10 contestants make it pass Vegas
they must be shortening the season.

once they pick the finalist, my interest goes down a bit

I don't know what they saw in that tap dancer to put her thru to Vegas. The other tappers in previous seasons (Ryan? Bianca? Can't remember their names) were MUCH more talented and interesting to watch than she was.

I can't wait for Vegas Week. Its my favorite time. I'm amazed at how fast these people have to pick up choreography. It's crazy.

I think they are only getting rid of one dancer a week, so that's why it's 10. There are spoilers out there as to who makes it to the top 10.

It seemed like hundreds of people were making it thru to Vegas. I think they said it was about 122. And from that they have to pick ten? :ohmy: The tapper wasn't the best tapper, though she's from my town. But I think she did alright in the choreography :shrug:

I see Mary Murphy... nooooooooooooooooooo!
107x.gif

nicole (marge simpson)
brought her little dancer's body and owned.
until round two, glad she got through, so far

From Wednesday's show, I really liked the girl whose mother was murdered. I was surprised they didn't take her to Vegas.

I also loved that she danced to TV on the Radio.

Speaking of music, I'm bummed they aren't listing the songs on the screen like they did in the past. :(

Tyce is such an arrogant asshole. HAAAATE him. He's too noisy while the dancers are performing. I just want him to shut the hell up and get off my TV. :lol: Hopefully he won't be judging much this season.

I have a feeling I'm going to get sick of Lady GaGa this summer, if they keep up with the constant using of her songs.

Yay - Alex is back! I really hope he makes it to the top 10 - he was one of my favourites in the season 5 auditions, and I was so bummed that he couldn't be in the top 20 due to his dancing contract. Interesting that they list his hometown as Vancouver, and not whatever US city he lives in.

The guy with the back problem....OMG his routine was AMAZING! Even Phil was totally into it. I felt like I was watching a music video for that song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W_x5OcD8ac

It looked better on TV though, I don't think streaming video really shows the nuances of his movements.

I really can't stand it when all the girls start sniffling and bawling. Just bring it or go home, really.

Apparently, it's So You Think You Can Contemporary Dance. That's a lot of Contemporary dancers in the Top 11. 4 of the guys are Contemporary plus one Ballet dancer. I'm not that upset though. I love Alex Wong and Billy Bell so them both in makes me happy.

I'm so looking forward to them dancing with the "All-Stars".

I am so ridiculously thrilled that Kent made it! :love: He's so adorable, and such a beautiful dancer!! I really hope he does well. I'm glad to see Alex in the top as well.

I don't really know or care much about the other dancers just yet, but I'm sure that will change.

:heart: sooo happy that Kent made it! i was heartbroken when they didn't pick Billy at first but then was sooo thrilled he's the 11th!

i'm a huuuge fan of contemporary, but i'm definitely looking forward to these contemporary artists learning the other styles of dance! :love: :love:

skills + passion + progression = win!

I wasn't a huge fan of contemporary either, Sicy, until I saw Mia's choreography. She's brilliant. :love: There do seem to be a LOT of contemporary dancers this season, which is kinda frustrating, as it would be nice to see more genres represented. Although just having 11 people makes it a lot harder to do that, I'm sure.

I like just about everything except quickstep/foxtrot/smooth waltz. I love Mia's and Sonya's choreo.

This crop of dancers looks amazing. Sicy I too would have loved a bit more diversity. I mean, we are cheated out of our hot ballroom dancer, although the presence of Pasha as an all-star will help. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom