Saturday Night Live (SNL)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Caught a prescreening of MacGruber before school got out, and if you like Will Forte and that Lonely Island/Digital Short brand of humor, you'll enjoy it.

I wonder if the show would have been less funny without the prior female SNL ladies joining Betty and the show last night?:hmm:

They were there, so who cares?

Sentimental post: I went to see my parents just for Saturday night and watched this week's SNL with my dad. Growing up, the two of us would always watch the show and couldn't get enough of the "Delcious Dish" sketches. Considering neither of us knew Molly Shannon and the criminally underrated Ana Gasteyer would appear (let alone the rest of the great female cast members), watching the new sketch with my dad there in the room five years after I moved out was a really great moment.

The episode on the whole was pretty solid, but the digital short wasn't any good, and the Mexican talk show sketch was absolutely terrible. Arguably one of the worst of the season.

Caught a prescreening of MacGruber before school got out, and if you like Will Forte and that Lonely Island/Digital Short brand of humor, you'll enjoy it.

Glad to hear that. I haven't been to a great stupid-funny movie in a while and am really looking forward to this one. It makes me even happier to here you say this what with my belief that Will Forte has all the tools to be a comedic superstar akin to Will Ferrell. Hopefully he makes better career decisions the latter. Although if Anchorman 2 does indeed get made, I might renege that comment.

They were there, so who cares?

I care. Others besides you may care. I simply made a statement, based on that right called freedom of speech. I'm just sayin.

Glad to hear that. I haven't been to a great stupid-funny movie in a while and am really looking forward to this one. It makes me even happier to here you say this what with my belief that Will Forte has all the tools to be a comedic superstar akin to Will Ferrell. Hopefully he makes better career decisions the latter. Although if Anchorman 2 does indeed get made, I might renege that comment.

It's Forte and Wiig's show all of the way through, and a huge amount of the gags and jokes work, the two best being some of the funniest things I've seen in a recent movie in a long time.

Anchorman 2 not being made, especially after the precedent that Austin Powers set (a modest hit made even more popular on video, only to spawn an incredibly successful sequel), I'm bummed.

I care. Others besides you may care. I simply made a statement, based on that right called freedom of speech. I'm just sayin.

Yes, but hypothetical questions like that don't do much good in any situation, do they? The female cast members were there and it was a good show.

This isn't a freedom of speech issue, it's a why bother kind of deal.

5oyyx0.jpg

"Apparently you have forgotten how I used to captive you with my sensual dancing. How I spent long nights tracing passages from Robert Ludlum's novels into your back with my penis."

I've been thinking about this for a while...

All-Time SNL Cast:
Dan Aykroyd
John Belushi
Dana Carvey
Will Ferrell
Will Forte
Bill Hader
Phil Hartman
Eddie Murphy
Mike Myers
Amy Poehler
Gilda Radner
Kristen Wiig

Weekend Update:
Norm MacDonald

Digital Shorts:
Andy Samberg

She can be the all-time head writer. I'd have no idea what a Fey/MacDonald Update pairing would've been like.

Actually, it would've been like you guessed it: Frank Stallone.

I haven't really "loved" Weekend Update since Kevin Nealon / Norm MacDonald. Colin Quinn was horrific, and everyone since has been adequate, yet unmemorable.

I've been thinking about this for a while...

All-Time SNL Cast:
Dan Aykroyd
John Belushi
Dana Carvey
Will Ferrell
Will Forte
Bill Hader
Phil Hartman
Eddie Murphy
Mike Myers
Amy Poehler
Gilda Radner
Kristen Wiig

Weekend Update:
Norm MacDonald

Digital Shorts:
Andy Samberg

No Jan Hooks. Sad times.

She and Chris Farley barely missed the cut-off. What's yours?

Well, off the top of my head, and these are personal favorites of course, not saying these were "the best"....

Bill Murray
Dan Aykroyd
Phil Hartman
Nora Dunn
Mike Myers
Jan Hooks
Eddie Murphy
Molly Shannon
Will Ferrell
Gilda Radner
Jon Lovitz

Honorable mention to Chris Parnell, who is just one of those people who cracks me up all the time.

Weekend Update for me would be Dennis Miller. I'm very biased towards the '85-'90 years, obviously.

His line after the kiss at the end of Hot Rod caused me to laugh out loud on an airplane while everyone else was sleeping.

I just like how well he's able to play the straight man. I loved his appearances in 30 Rock when I still was watching, definitely.

Also, I don't know why, but when he asks Portman "If you could steel a smooch from any guy in Hollywood, who would it be?". Cracks me up for no real reason.

Merv the Perv is also funny.

The episode that paralleled Amadeus where he runs into the studio wearing the cape had me laughing for a solid 5 minutes or so.

He totally kills it in the Lost Your Baby sketch with Will Ferrell and Molly Shannon. One of my all-time faves.

"You vondruke!"

He totally kills it in the Lost Your Baby sketch with Will Ferrell and Molly Shannon. One of my all-time faves.

"You vondruke!"

"You have angered me with your irresponsibility! ....but you're a straight shooter, and I can't fault you for that. We're gonna let this slide, but just this once."

Those two Bad Doctor sketches are possibly my favorite things Ferrell did on SNL.

SNL Season Premier this Saturday night (9-24-11), hosted by Alec Baldwin!!!:applaud:

I hope they will do his Schweddy Balls schtick to promote the Ben & Jerry Schweddy Balls ice cream flavor due out at holiday time:drool:

Back
Top Bottom