R.I.P. Michael Jackson - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2009, 11:45 PM   #166
I Serve Larry's Stick

Local Time: 06:34 PM
FWIW, I had a friend die in February. His dad was a total asshole, but that man cried and cried, and I realized he was more human than I'd ever thought. I don't see one ounce of emotion in Joe Jackson. How sad.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:48 PM   #167
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:34 PM
Poor Janet. I'm glad she spoke and not her father.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:52 PM   #168
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge View Post
Thanks I had done a search and found it.

Honestly...I thought last year's show was a new low...but this "tribute" show was a complete and utter disgrace. High points were Ne-Yo singing one of my favorite MJ jams and Beyonce with the Ava Maria/Sarah M hybrid - beautiful. Otherwise the way people just kept name dropping MJ and then laughing it up during the entire thing was tacky as hell and cringeworthily embarrassing.

I did enjoy seeing Guy BBD and the O Jay's tribute. I think the MJ tribute needs a show all of it's own.

Finally...and I can't for the life of me imagine what the HELL the CEO of BET is thinking...gee, the man merely holds the Guinness record for being the most charitable pop musician in history...do ya think ya mighta just renamed the fucking humantarian award in his name ie the Michael Jackson Humanitarian Award? Some people are obtuse beyond belief.

Quote:
If you needed anymore convincing Joe Jackson is a total asshole:
YouTube - Michael Jackson's Father Interviewed On BET Awards Red Carpet

How are you doing?
"I'm great!"

And then he proceeds to pimp his new record label in the middle of answering a question about Michael's funeral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
Wowwwwwwwww. What an epic douchebag.
I fucking hate Joe Jackson. He is the consummate snake, a complete fucking piece of shit.

Quote:
I just finished talking to my dad who was out of the country and he sounded so depressed. I didn't think he'd be that affected, but he was almost on the verge of tears.
I don't know why or how this is affecting me similarly. I keep hearing more and more songs that take me back to a memory, a girl, a heartbreak, a dance, something...someone said it feels like a piece of them or their childhood has died...people can laugh all they want, but I'm feeling it too.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:37 AM   #169
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 03:34 PM
I visited my 91 year old grandma in the hospital today and I assumed she wouldn't even know (or care) about his death, but it was one of the first things she mentioned..."that poor Michael Jackson, how terrible for a man of his age to go so soon."
Old 06-29-2009, 01:07 AM   #170
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:34 PM
Old 06-29-2009, 01:55 AM   #171
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoneyAlways View Post
Poor Janet. I'm glad she spoke and not her father.
She could barely speak.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:29 AM   #172
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoneyAlways View Post
Joe Jackson is a deplorable human being. Wow.
He is one of the scariest people I've ever seen. Comes across as such a cold, heartless and brutal guy. No wonder Michael was afraid of him all his life. How the family put up with his tyrrany is beyond me
Old 06-29-2009, 07:13 AM   #173
ONE
love, blood, life

An interesting article about his last months (presuming it's truthful?)

'I'm better off dead. I'm done': How Michael Jackson predicted his death six months ago | Mail Online

Quote:
One of my sources suggested that he might already have had a genetic condition I had never previously come across, called Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency – the lack of a protein that can help protect the lungs.

Although up to 100,000 Americans are severely affected by it, it is an under-recognised condition. Michael was receiving regular injections of Alpha-1 antitrypsin derived from human plasma. The treatment is said to be remarkably effective and can enable the sufferer to lead a normal life.

But the disease can cause respiratory problems and, in severe cases, emphysema. Could this be why Jackson had for years been wearing a surgical mask in public, to protect his lungs from the ravages of the disease? Or why, from time to time, he resorted to a wheelchair? When I returned to my source inside the Jackson camp for confirmation, he said: ‘Yeah, that’s what he’s got. He’s in bad shape. They’re worried that he might need a lung transplant but he may be too weak.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:03 AM   #174
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

While I want to believe there's a reason for every "weird thing" he ever did, I can't shake my earlier understandings of why he was the way he was. I keep getting this feeling that they are trying to do him justice in death, but I have sort of already made up my mind about things surrounding his eccentric lifestyle, so I'm really very skeptical. I guess I can change in the future, but it would have to be very compelling evidence.

Either way, it doesn't stop me from appreciating his music or his endless love for his fans. I will always believe that the love he showed for people who loved him was the most sincere form of Michael, and for that mourn him. I don't think I've ever seen a more humble artist in the presence of his fans.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:03 AM   #175
Refugee

Local Time: 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post
He is one of the scariest people I've ever seen. Comes across as such a cold, heartless and brutal guy. No wonder Michael was afraid of him all his life. How the family put up with his tyrrany is beyond me
I would be afraid of Joe Jackson, too.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:05 AM   #176
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAW View Post
I visited my 91 year old grandma in the hospital today and I assumed she wouldn't even know (or care) about his death, but it was one of the first things she mentioned..."that poor Michael Jackson, how terrible for a man of his age to go so soon."
Warm wishes and kind thoughts, for your grandma. She sounds like a lovely, woman.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:40 AM   #177
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarityat3am View Post
FWIW, I had a friend die in February. His dad was a total asshole, but that man cried and cried, and I realized he was more human than I'd ever thought. I don't see one ounce of emotion in Joe Jackson. How sad.
You know what is so sad (if you ask me). IS that only 3 days after MJ dies, his dad is out there walking around the BET awards smilling and acting like his son is still alive. Thats really in poor taste. Three days after your son dies, I would think you'de still be too devastated to even get out of your home! But what do I know?
Old 06-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #178
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Damn the video was removed.. I didnt get to see Joe the douchebag.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:56 AM   #179
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Wow, I saw that CNN Don Lemon interview live as it happened and could not believe it either. Then again, that explains everything so clearly doesn't it? He is one messed up puppy, wonder who abused him when he was young.

As far as the tribute goes..... I was disappointed. It lacked the dept and feeling it deserved imo. It came off almost like a parady especially Jamie Fox's imitation of MJ. Jamie is funny, but that was just strange imo because it came off as a comedy bit rather than a tribute. Beyonce's song/montage was beautiful but what was with her wedding dress thing/outfit? I didn't get it.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:31 AM   #180
ONE
love, blood, life

Awesome Rolling Stone article from Rob Sheffield. I that guy. I don't really agree with his Bad assessment, but other than that, it's a beautiful tribute.
"Not Like Other Guys": Rob Sheffield Remembers Michael Jackson : Rolling Stone

Tags
michael jackson