Local Time: 05:18 AM
Couldn't agree more

Old 10-16-2008, 10:50 PM   #392
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I kind of thought Leanne would be the winner. Overall, I was pretty underwhelmed by the finale.

My favorite piece of all three collections was Kenley's cream-colored dress with the mandarin collar (?) and the diagonal slash of colored flowers across the front. That was totally gorgeous.
agreed on all counts that was my favourite outfit too. though my second favourite was the blue dress leanne used as her final piece or whatevs.

i was disappointed leanne won, but not surprised. i thought her collection was, like nina said, rather one-note. everything was gorgeous and well-constructed, but it reminded me of several takes of the same thing. i knew kenley wouldn't win, so i wanted korto to win. oh well.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:56 AM   #393
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 11:18 PM
I wish there was a reunion show! I wanted a knock down drag out fight! I am sad!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #394
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlingamy View Post
I wish there was a reunion show! I wanted a knock down drag out fight! I am sad!
i was thinking the same thing while watching the finale. there's always been a reunion! this whole season was very anticlimactic. no exotic locales, not even any really weird challenges (designing uniforms for the post office, outfits for dogs, etc.) the closest thing we had that i can think of was the first episode which was a throwback to the first episode of season one, and also the outfits for college grads. big deal, making business clothes.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:21 PM   #395
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:18 AM
I read a blurb somewhere that it was the ongoing lawsuit about moving the show to Lifetime that prevented them from doing a reunion show.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #396
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:18 AM

reported on TMZ.com

Quote:
"Runway" Star Jailed for Cat-astrophic Assault
Posted Mar 18th 2009 2:38PM by TMZ Staff

One of the most memorable -- and hated -- finalists from "Project Runway" is behind bars right now for allegedly fashioning a weapon out of a living, breathing, meowing cat ... and firing it at her ex-fiance!

Kenley Collins -- the trash-talking, third place loser from P.R. Season 5 -- was arrested in a Brooklyn home early yesterday morning, after the D.A. claims she attacked her sleeping ex-fiance with anything she could get her hands on -- including a cat, a laptop, several apples and finally ... water. It's like a design challenge turned violent!

It's unclear what started the fight, but according to legal papers Kenley told her ex, "You're lucky ... it could've been a lot worse."

Kenley was arrested and charged with six crimes -- including 2nd degree assault, 3rd degree assault and criminal possession of a weapon in the 4th degree.

No word on when Kenley is set to be released from jail.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #397
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:18 AM
I wonder if "assault by crying too much" is a crime

And I love that she attacked him with a cat and apples. WTF?
Old 03-18-2009, 11:42 PM   #398
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:18 AM
crazy bitch!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:52 PM   #399
Blue Crack Addict

Location: At Tim Horton's with Kristen and Val talking about Tan Adam and fashion disasters.
FAIL
Old 03-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #400
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #401
Blue Crack Distributor

Who attacks someone with a cat?
Old 03-19-2009, 06:05 PM   #402
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:18 AM
Old 04-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #403
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:18 AM
Great news!!!

From Time.com:
Quote:
NBC U, Weinstein Make Project Runway Work
Posted by James Poniewozik

In what I am going to assume is not an April Fool's joke, NBC Universal just issued a statement announcing a settlement to its lawsuit with The Weinstein Company and Lifetime channel over Project Runway's move from Bravo:

NBC Universal, The Weinstein Company and Lifetime have resolved their disputes. The Weinstein Company will pay NBCU for the right to move Project Runway to Lifetime. All of the parties are pleased with the outcome. Harvey Weinstein added, "I want to personally congratulate Jeff Zucker and NBCU on their success in the litigation and thank Jeff for resolving this in a professional manner. We look forward to working together on our ongoing projects.”

As for me, I look forward to having Runway back—and, frankly, am glad to have had a little break from it. Now what channel is Lifetime on again?

Update: And for equal time, here's the statement from Lifetime president Andrea Wong:

I couldn't be more excited that Lifetime will bring its viewers an amazing, all-new season of Project Runway this summer. As the highest-rated cable network for women, Lifetime is the perfect home for this outstanding program as well as its companion series Models of the Runway. All of us at Lifetime are thrilled to move forward with Heidi, Tim, Nina, Michael, The Weinstein Company and the entire Project Runway team. We are proud to add these shows to our growing slate of original programming, including the hit series Army Wives, the all-new upcoming series Drop Dead Diva and our top-rated original movies.

Bonus points for plugging your other, unrelated series, Andrea Wong! (If NBCU sends out an amended statement mentioning Make Me a Supermodel, I will of course post it.)

As for Models of the Runway, it's a little-promoted spinoff which will follow the models employed in the PR challenges—an idea I had frequently mentioned to Mrs. Tuned In, but had always assumed was the product of my watching Project Runway while drinking. Apparently, I'm just three beers away from being a reality-TV programming genius!
Old 04-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #404
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I was just coming over here to post this. I'm so glad PR is finally coming back. I hope the move to Lifetime doesn't change it too much, because that and Top Chef were my favorite Bravo shows. Though I admit the Real Housewives shows are starting to suck me in
Old 04-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #405
The Fly

Anyone here a Project Runway Canada fan? The American verson is great but Iman >>> Heidi Klum. She kicks ass.

Tags
project runway