Jon & Kate Plus 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shocking, I know, but I'm on Team Kate here.

Last night was complete crap listening to Jon talk about the ski instructor as if she was some kind of saint helping a handicapped kid ski down a mountain. Big fucking deal. She put him on a ski lift and shoved him forward. Kate deals with eight kids on a daily basis - HIS kids - but he never seems to sing Kate's praises or give Kate any credit.

And if that had been Kate out there on that mountain with a hot young ski instructor after being accused of having an affair the tabloids would have crucified her. It's ok for Jon, though. He needed some time away. Poor baby. While Kate was, again, with the kids.

Last night was complete crap listening to Jon talk about the ski instructor as if she was some kind of saint helping a handicapped kid ski down a mountain. Big fucking deal. She put him on a ski lift and shoved him forward. Kate deals with eight kids on a daily basis - HIS kids - but he never seems to sing Kate's praises or give Kate any credit.

And if that had been Kate out there on that mountain with a hot young ski instructor after being accused of having an affair the tabloids would have crucified her. It's ok for Jon, though. He needed some time away. Poor baby. While Kate was, again, with the kids.

umm.....she has been on quite a few tours for her new book though.

:up:

I've actually only watched a handful of episodes. About a year ago there was a marathon on one evening, and I was curious. Other than that, most of my knowledge comes from what I've read online. It never ceases to amaze me the slack that people cut Jon, and how Kate is constantly crucified. She didn't seem that bad from what I saw. She seems like a bit of a control freak, but with 8 kids, you'd kind of have to be. Jon seems kind of childish to me.

Yeah, that's called WORKING.

The thing is, she didn't write any of the books. Her friend Beth did. Before becoming an "author" J &K traveled the country asking for "love offerings" at speaking engagements failing to mention all the (ongoing) help TLC was giving them.

I find it hard to believe Kate is the martyr she love us to believe she is. They've been getting a lot of help since at least the second season when Jon started to "work" from home.

And yes, Jon often acts like a petulant child. They are both culpable.

I DVR'd 2 shows and watched them tonite. I came to the conclusion that it's difficult to watch without the whole family filming together. I don't buy this one parent at home with the kids at all time BS. The whole dynamic of the show's changed and knowing what's been all over the tabloids and the airing of dirty laundry between and by both Jon and Kate I don't think I'll be watching this show any longer. :down:

I have always thought that they were both losers. He's incredibly passive aggressive and whiny and she's incredibly high maintenance and rude.

I do find her more offensive in the sense that she grates (it's the voice) and I have a very and I mean VERY strong aversion for people who like to micromanage other people's lives. I get that in her case she probably has to given the size of the family, but I can't stand that sort of personality and have had real trouble in life dealing with people like her.

I have always thought that they were both losers. He's incredibly passive aggressive and whiny and she's incredibly high maintenance and rude.

I do find her more offensive in the sense that she grates (it's the voice) and I have a very and I mean VERY strong aversion for people who like to micromanage other people's lives. I get that in her case she probably has to given the size of the family, but I can't stand that sort of personality and have had real trouble in life dealing with people like her.

my exact thoughts too.

As nothing more than a viewer, I realize I'm not in any place to assign blame or point fingers when it comes to this family, but I have to say, Kate truly does grate on me as well - much more than Jon. I mean, I understand that in any given relationship, one party tends to "wear the pants" to some extent or another - and that's perfectly fine and good. However, this woman strikes me as having some extreme personality defects (whether or not they constitute actually pathologies, who knows). She obviously honed in on Jon and his fairly passive, carefree nature (I don't see him as being quite as immature and lazy as others paint him) early on, recognizing that he would serve as an easy outlet for her rampant aggression and impulses to dominate. In that sense, Jon is something of a victim of this raging woman (as strange as it may sound, I always sort of perceived him as the unwitting party in a psychologically abusive relationship ... up until now of course). So, if the two of them are actually going to be able to pull through in their marriage, I do reckon it's going to take a tremendous effort and willingness on both their parts (you'd hope eight innocent little souls would be enough of an impetus) and some damn quality mediation.

I find it so sad we can't get away from Jon&Kate, Jon&Kate, Jon&Kate, Jon&Kate.....they are everywhere, on the gossip mags, on the gossip shows, in the headlines, on the radio, in discussion wherever we go. Enough already!! :doh:

I read something online that implied that this is all a big publicity stunt designed to increase ratings, that there would be a bout of trouble, and then a big reunion. I wonder if this could be true.

I find it so sad we can't get away from Jon&Kate, Jon&Kate, Jon&Kate, Jon&Kate.....they are everywhere, on the gossip mags, on the gossip shows, in the headlines, on the radio, in discussion wherever we go. Enough already!! :doh:

We can get away from them. Easily. Don't read gossip mags/websites, don't listen to the radio stations that yak about them, don't watch the tv shows they are on, don't engage in discussions about them. Simply don't pay them any attention if you don't want to.

But of course it's much more fun to follow everything they do and then bitch about it, isn't it?

:yes: And so you see, here I am again. I have changed TV channels to try to get away from even hearing about them, I don't listen to the radio even in the car anymore because I'm so sick of them being mentioned in the news, even the local news! Sheesh! I don't buy newspapers and quit looking at magazines in the stores anymore (I turn magazines around at newstands that have pictures of anything Jon&Kate on them!! :lol:) and other than this thread I don't look at anything Jon&Kate. I just wish it would all go away. :doh:

I read something online that implied that this is all a big publicity stunt designed to increase ratings, that there would be a bout of trouble, and then a big reunion. I wonder if this could be true.

I hope not, because people are increasingly becoming cynical with such things because of PR stunts. What happens when the real deal in anything happens, and no one knows what to believe?

I hope not, because people are increasingly becoming cynical with such things because of PR stunts. What happens when the real deal in anything happens, and no one knows what to believe?
And what about the kids? I'm sure it's hard enough being on a tv show when everything's fine, but to see your parents play this huge publicity stunt for even more attention on your family is absolutely revolting.

What happens when the real deal in anything happens, and no one knows what to believe?

If by "real deal" you mean the real break up of a reality tv couple, then the answer would be nothing. Whether they have a real or fake break up has no impact on my life. I don't believe 90% of what happens on reality tv is real, anyway.

As for the "in anything" part, I think when dealing with non-reality tv publicity shenanigans, I'm capable of separating fact from fiction. Or probable fiction.

Kate has been making remarks from the being that's not going to stop. That's not to say it wasn't in poor taste though because it was. Especially with making the remarks to Emeril like he would jump right on in. Thankfully he showed what a great guy he is and just ignored the remarks. The kid's were so cute when they were helping Emeril out.

:up::applaud: Well said DaveC.

Poor Emeril must have been quite uncomfortable at that house with all that's going on between Jon & Kate lately.

I read somewhere today that Kate was making changes to that hideous hairstyle of hers. Wonder if it will be to make it better or worse?:lol:

Back
Top Bottom