Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2012, 02:35 AM   #676
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Marshall and Lily got together and broke up, then later had a baby. Robin and Barney got together which no one really expected. Marshall and Lily went through the struggle to conceive arc as well.

I'll always like early HIMYM more than all of Friends but yeah, the later seasons of Friends weren't so frustratingly patchy.
i meant that some of those stories on friends were happening at the same time. for example, rachel found out she was pregnant right when monica and chandler were getting married.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:07 AM   #677
45:33

Local Time: 04:33 PM
Well I thought there was a nice ending with Barney and Robin this week, and Brad's clipped use of words makes me laugh ("integ", "futch") but that was a pretty awful episode otherwise.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:48 AM   #678

Past two episodes - older one had some funny moments, like Ted taking a video of himself trying to film Marvin, "Holden Crawlfield", but this Patrice thing is a complete wtf

The over-correction episode was one of the best for the season I felt. Marshall as a comedian was funny and Ted's loaning of stuff was funny as well.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:41 AM   #679

Wow - did anyone watch the most recent "hour"-long episode? I'd really like to talk about it - I think it was the best episode the show has put out in a very, very long time. It had the emotional pull to it that has been lacking since around season four or five. The twist made my draw drop, I seriously was not expecting it, and while it was totally unrealistic it immediately fixed all the issues I'd had with previous episodes for obvious reasons. I even got a little choked up in the final scene, which hasn't happened for a very long time.

It was pretty funny too - the jinx thing gave it some great levity, as did Seth Green and Sandy Rivers (and Sandy Cohen as an architecture professor). Seems like it's gotten great reviews too.

And if the series isn't picked up for another season, that means the final 10 or so episodes actually have the potential to be pretty great. Colour me cautiously excited.

Rachel Bilson is coming back, as is the first man who played Robin's dad (he was great).

Just realised too that after all this time, Barney the womaniser is officially over. Goodbye, old friend.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #680

DlD ANYONE ELSE KNOW THAT NEIL PATRICK HARRIS IS MARRIED TO SCOOTER WHAT THE FUCK
Old 12-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #681
Blue Crack Addict

I'm almost willing to call peace to the running feud I have with this show after your previous posts Danny. Perhaps I'll wait and see if this is the last season and then watch them all in one go.

STILL Haven't watched a millisecond of HIMYM since the last season ended
Old 12-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #682
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:33 AM
Quote:
Wow - did anyone watch the most recent "hour"-long episode? I'd really like to talk about it - I think it was the best episode the show has put out in a very, very long time. It had the emotional pull to it that has been lacking since around season four or five. The twist made my draw drop, I seriously was not expecting it, and while it was totally unrealistic it immediately fixed all the issues I'd had with previous episodes for obvious reasons. I even got a little choked up in the final scene, which hasn't happened for a very long time.

It was pretty funny too - the jinx thing gave it some great levity, as did Seth Green and Sandy Rivers (and Sandy Cohen as an architecture professor). Seems like it's gotten great reviews too.

And if the series isn't picked up for another season, that means the final 10 or so episodes actually have the potential to be pretty great. Colour me cautiously excited.

Rachel Bilson is coming back, as is the first man who played Robin's dad (he was great).

Just realised too that after all this time, Barney the womaniser is officially over. Goodbye, old friend.
I loved this episode, and now that they're finally engaged we can move on to the wedding and meeting the mother. And then maybe the show can end (hopefully well). The episode just made me happy for the most part.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #683

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
I'm almost willing to call peace to the running feud I have with this show after your previous posts Danny. Perhaps I'll wait and see if this is the last season and then watch them all in one go.

STILL Haven't watched a millisecond of HIMYM since the last season ended
You don't need to watch this whole season.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #684
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

You don't need to watch this whole season.
Perhaps I'll start from this weeks double-header then
Old 12-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #685
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:33 AM
Looks like Season 9 is happening. It seems like the holdup was indeed, 100% about Jason Segel, who apparently had a last-second change-of-heart, and I guess after he agreed everyone else fell in line.

"How I Met Your Mother": Will it be back for another season? - CBS News

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/24/ar...extension.html

How I Met Your Mother Might Get a Ninth Season After All - News - TV.com

http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/excl...til-11th-hour/

Personally I think Season 9 is a bad idea. This is like when Season 9 of Friends was supposed to be the last(and the show had already gone on at least a year too long at that point) and halfway through that season they got the cast to agree to one more season.

I just don't think there is enough story left to tell. Marshall and Lily are happily married with a baby, Barney and Robin are engaged now, so unless Marshall and Lily all of a sudden start having problems(totally unlikely) or Barney freezes up at the alter and decides the womanizer isn't done after all(horrible, horrible, horrible idea), the only story left is Ted's, and I don't see how they're going to stretch that out over a season and a half.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #686
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:33 AM
What? How can they make another season? I was expecting them to end with this one. My first thought was it would be all about Ted dating the mother, but how can they make that last, especially after the reveal?

Maybe it could be about Robin and Barney adjsuting to married life, too. But yeah, there's not much else that's really important to tell.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #687

Old 12-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #688
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:33 PM
wow. someone just poke me when the series finale is (as in the last episode ever, no kidding this time) and i'll be back. this show has jumped the shark.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:10 AM   #689

No kidding. Watching an episode from season four - where Karen comes back to town and Marshall forgets his pants. Effortless.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:49 AM   #690

Watching season four ep Old King Clancy, the one where Ted finds out Marshall and Barney were lying to him about the GNB architecture plans being scrapped.

It has a funny b-story (Robin's sex act with a celebrity) and some funny jokes (Marshall's fish list, Ted's four-pronged reaction to being fired) but the main story is so bad. Two good friends hiring a taskforce to pretend he still had a job? In what world is that okay? If you were Ted you'd never speak to them again. This was when HIMYM started to slip.

Tags
how i met your mother