How I Met Your Mother - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2009, 11:19 AM   #301
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:54 PM
i didn't care for it. i just felt all the story lines were a rehash of previous episodes. like you said, they've done the robin getting deported thing (and it was so anticlimactic for her to suddenly realize at the end "oh, i can have dual citizenship!" like it was some big secret. i thought it was common knowledge that your average country (i can at least attest to us, nz, and uk as i've personally been looking into citizenship requirements for these) allows you to keep citizenship of your homeland. anyway though...

plus the road trip thing's been done before. i don't believe the marshall/lily thing was though, but eh. i'll keep watching this season though for sure, but if this turns out to be a lackluster season, the only way i'll watch next season is if writers guarantee we will finally find out who the fuck the mother is.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:43 AM   #302
45:33

Local Time: 06:54 AM
by great episode, i meant for this season.

if you got me to name the five worst episodes of the entire show, most of these could be up there. lily is annoying as fuck this season, marshall has turned all queer, barney can't be as awesome, and there hasn't been a single bit of development for the main character.

i think would have been stoked if this was the final season, but it kept up the standards of the previous four, which were all good.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:15 AM   #303
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

ahh yes, i know what you mean. and i totally agree with you. this season it seems like they've run out of things to write about so they're just kinda doing whatever. yet they've forgotten that they can do the biggest reveal of them all. i don't even think i've seen them allude to her or this whole thing except for that one time in the first episode of the season.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:23 AM   #304
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:54 AM
try watching without the premise or any idea what's going on. it prevents you being as anal about it
Old 10-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
try watching without the premise or any idea what's going on. it prevents you being as anal about it
i know ian.

this is the exact reason i relent this place/the rest of the internet sometimes, you can't enjoy things for what they are.

that's why at first i loved last night's ep. it's also why i'll never read the himym blog again.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #306
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:54 PM

The most recent episode was my favorite so far this season...although that's not saying much. The scenes depicting their old road trips made me laugh out loud. I love that Proclaimers song like crazy, so that obviously won me over.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:47 PM   #307
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

i was reading an old issue of entertainment weekly today, and came across an article. it looks like things should be picking up in january. they're going to reveal more info about the mother. there's been no confirmation if this means we'll finally find out who she is or just have her revealed a little more to us. here's the article: Exclusive: 'HIMYM' boss promises 'serious mother action' AND a musical! | Ausiello | EW.com
Old 10-29-2009, 07:59 AM   #308

is there not an episode on this week in the states? surf the channel has no episode six!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:28 AM   #309
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:54 PM
No, there was no new episode. They showed a rerun (the one where Barney has the fake family). No clue when the next new episode will be.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:37 PM   #310
Refugee

Local Time: 09:54 PM
^ November 2.

List of How I Met Your Mother episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #311
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

oh wow, i had no idea this week would be reruns. i guess i picked a good day to not watch anything.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #312
The Fly

Local Time: 02:54 PM
I think HIMYM is still (despite the lacklustre season) one of the funniest shows on TV. But it's suffering from the "FRIENDS syndrome". Friends, as it went on, went more for laughs over character development, with the end result being that all the characters were compartmentalized into one dimension. Which is what is happening with HIMYM: Lily is not as cool, Marshall is TOO whipped, Ted is too...Ted. As a Canadian, loved the last episode, particularly for the Tim Horton's reference, but I wanted to beat up Barney. For the record, no one in Toronto has that accent. Most of Canada does not have that accent. You only find it if you go way (WAY) up North. Oh, and I want Tantrum to be invented so I can consume it.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:03 AM   #313
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:54 PM
I've liked most of the episodes so far this season, but last night was SO boring. There was no real point to it, that I could see. I'm starting to agree with all of you - they really need to get going on the mother thing, because otherwise the episodes are going to be as pointless and uneventful as that one was.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #314
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:54 PM
I dunno..... I'm afraid that the Barney-Robin relationship has the show getting the ramp ready to jump the shark, and focusing too heavily on the mother bit will get the engines revved up. I think the solution, at least for another season, is to get Ted on some interesting dates again. I feel like that's what's missing. It doesn't need to be the mother, it just needs to be someone (or some girls) who's interesting. And I completely agree with the 'Friends' comment----Marshall's too wussy now, and Lily's essentially non-existent (it's like they started to phase her out when Alyson Hannigan got pregnant, and they have yet to work her back in). Keep the character development going...give us more about their past, give us more kooky stuff like the slap-bet (but new) and Cockamouse!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #315
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

i don't even remember what happened on the show yesterday. i had to read wikipedia to get a recap. yeah, that's pretty telling. in previous seasons they've always episodes like this with the most boring story line ever. weeks where i could just tell the writers weren't trying. the difference is, that's all we've been getting this season. like utoo said, i'm beginning to think the show's jumping the shark. it's amazing how earlier this season, barney and robin refused to think of themselves as a couple, and magically the next week, robin called him her boyfriend. now barney thinks they're the perfect couple? wtf? the things i liked in the past about the two of them are gone.

and also, as utoo said again, ted needs a woman. as much as i hated the cupcake girl he dated seasons ago, i'd even want her to come back if it meant ted would get some interesting any story lines.

Tags
how i met your mother