Hell's Kitchen - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #241
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I have totally had a moment like that in my life, where I just got super caught up in being emotional, and walked out on a job. As soon as I got home and could breathe I was like, "Holy shit...what did I just do?" But that was a fast food gig, just out of college that was destroying my pride....not a TV Reality show where a life-changing career was at stake. I can't even imagine what she must have been feeling, if it was, in fact, reality.
Yeah I did that in a restaurant kitchen twice. The first time though was with the entire dishwashing crew (I was 16) as the lady who owned the restaurant was crazy and would berate the dishwashers as if we were the scum of the Earth every day (not in a Ramsay way where if your food sucks he'll tell you, but in a very personal, attacking way - ie she once fired someone outright during service because the cook was too short to reach the top shelf of the pantry, and mocked her mercilessly as she ran out sobbing, laughing about it for hours afterwards). It was infuriating and demeaning but when she threw a pan (full-on overhand fastball) full of hot, still-sizzling oil directly at the head of the 15 year old kid on his third day at his very first job (sending him to hospital with major burns on his back and arms), simply because he put the pans three inches to the right of where they usually were on the shelf, we'd all had enough and left in the middle of service. She ran after us weeping but we weren't about to be sent to the hospital when she snapped and decided to throw a knife at our heads or something for minimum wage. She ran after us begging and pleading for us all to come back in to the kitchen and that she was so sorry (she wasn't), but we'd all hit the end of our ropes by then.

I didn't feel too bad about that one but once I walked out of another kitchen I worked in when I showed up for work and despite having been promised for two months that I would start getting full-time hours "on the next schedule", I went in and saw that I had one four-hour shift in a week and simply said that if they were never going to fulfill their promise, despite me working extra hard and volunteering for overtime to show that I "truly wanted to earn" the hours (as was requested by the Kitchen Manager), I was done. I was again told "oh the next schedule I promise you'll have 5 shifts" but was tired of hearing it and walked out. I felt like an idiot afterwards though as I actually liked the job and the people I worked with and also felt that I had screwed myself for a future job because I destroyed the reference. So I have some idea of how she felt, again as you mentioned, if it was real.

Turns out the KM actually got fired three weeks later for being brutally awful at his job (one of my friends from there told me they had 3 people scheduled for a busy Saturday night - on a usual Saturday there should have been at least 8 - and that they completely ran out of food for two days and had to close down because he forgot to put in the food order for the week), so it actually didn't screw me over too bad in the end.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:11 PM   #242
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:36 PM
That was crazy, I cant believe she did that. I thought she'd be in the final two for sure.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:47 AM   #243
Blue Crack Addict

You would think that Cutter, as an ex-military man, would know when to shut your mouth and not challenge an authority figure Although in his defense, he never said Ramsay had a terrible palate, and Joe indeed was putting words in his mouth.

I really can't figure out if Leslie is a total child and oblivious to how he's pissing the others off or if everyone else just hates him for no reason as a "communal enemy" figure. I think it might be a bit of both.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:09 AM   #244
The Male

Hahaha after all that, both the finalists

are men.

This is going to be a very fun last episode.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:12 PM   #245
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post

Ultimately I think Scott stays in because Ramsay has recognized he has a good palette (was best in last week's taste challenge) and that is important to Gordo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post

Each week I become more convinced Scott wins this.
Only way he loses now is if one of the voted off schlubs screws him in the finale.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #246
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:36 AM
The second they brought his whole family in this past episode I knew he was winning this thing.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #247
Blue Crack Addict

I have a feeling Jason is going to be stuck with Sandra and Gabriel (maybe Ralph too?) and turn the same colour as the tiles on the wall of the red kitchen.

In other words I think this is going to be one of the better season finales in recent times. At least that's what I'm hoping for. I'd be fine if either one of them win, they're both good cooks and seem to know what they're doing. Once the place didn't have a dozen completely incompetent people in it, it seems Jason somewhat chilled out.

If he had stayed in Season 9 (he was sick before the first dinner service), I think it would have been a great finale between Jason, Paul, and Will (if they had all gotten that far).
Old 07-22-2014, 12:54 PM   #248
Blue Crack Addict

Holy hell Cutter, shut your damn mouth

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 07-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #249
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Really shocked Jason is in the final two. But I guess Melanie or Rachel aren't any better. Scott most likely wins.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:34 PM   #250
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicy View Post
that's what i meant, rochelle. You'd think i'd know their names by now.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:17 PM   #251
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 07-23-2014, 07:07 PM   #252
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Oh ffs lmao
Old 07-24-2014, 11:14 PM   #253
Blue Crack Addict

Right guy won.
Good for him.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:00 AM   #254
The Male

lmao that challenge was such horseshit

"Hey so Jason your dish was absolutely phenomenal and Scott's was pretty good you know whatever...anyway, Scott won."

At least Scott won't go on a coke binge immediately after being hired. Jason probably would have chest bumped a guy to death.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:01 AM   #255
Blue Crack Distributor

It's just irritating that he gifted into not going home like 5 weeks ago.

But, that being said, he was clearly head chef material.

Tags
hell's kitchen