Glee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And that young terrorist went on to become the first gay President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln.

I've been working every week and DVR'ing it, so last night my friends and I finally caught up on everything through the Gaga episode. We still have last week's episode to watch. I actually kind of liked their version of "One" in the first episode we watched. It wasn't the original, but they still did well with it. And I loved Puck hitting on Mercedes. His lines were hilarious. "Last week I joined a black church.":lol: And, him in a fedora singing "The Lady is a Tramp" was hooooottt.:drool: I loved the Neil Patrick Harris episode. His character was hilarious, and I had no idea his voice was that good. I loved his duet of "Dream On" with Will. And, OMG, that scene with Sue in her office.:lol: "Do you like angry sex?" "It's the only kind I know". The writing has been gold in these past few episodes. I also teared up during Rachel and her mom's duet of "I Dreamed a Dream". That's my favorite musical song ever. The Gaga episode was amazing. I totally agree with those who loved Kurt's dad owning Finn. It actually kind of choked me up, and Finn deserved it. The end of that episode was great. This coming week's episode is the last one til late fall, I believe.

Speaking of the Gaga episode, they need to give Santana more songs. She KILLED that bit at the end of Bad Romance!

^I agree. The episode where she and Mercedes did their duet of "The Boy is Mine" was the first time I'd ever heard her sing solo, and I was surprised at how good her voice is. I really like it.

From E! Online (the article has some info about what happens in tonight's episode so I added the spoiler tags):

It's Official! John Stamos Will Come to Glee Next Season

Update: "It's true," executive producer Brad Falchuk just confirmed to me exclusively: John Stamos will definitely be coming on for Glee's second season! "Not sure how many episodes yet," he says.

Somewhere, Jayma Mays is crying with happy delirium. And I imagine, some of you fellow fans.

Here are more details on this awesome casting...

In what can only be described as an obvious ploy by my former future husband to recapture my attention, John Stamos is, as EW reported, joining Glee.

So why am I gonna have to put the smackdown on Jayma Mays?

In tonight's episode (which I was on set for—playing a zombie!) we'll learn that Jayma's character, Emma, is "dating" her dentist. And that dentist will indeed be one Mr. John Stamos, who will appear in season two in a recurring role.

The irony here? You may remember that Emma has already talked about John Stamos. In the September 18 episode "Acafellas," Jayma's character said this line: "They say it takes certainty more than talent to make a star. I mean, look at John Stamos."

Hilarious, right?! And further proof that John--and the producers--have a great sense of humor. I'm told the idea to get him on the show started with that very line.

And so it seems the "certain" star will get a chance to prove himself. And if you're thinking Mr. Schue (Matthew Morrison) will put the beatdown on John should they have a sing-off, well, think again! As you may remember from his Full House days, various live performances with The Beach Boys and Broadway appearances in shows like Bye Bye Birdie, the dude can sing.

Bottom line: Watch your back, Mr. Schue. 'Cause chances are Stamos' character also has a thing for personal hygiene, and we all know that is a straight arrow right through Emma's heart.

I'm just watching it now, but am rolling my eyes and LOL-ing at the nonstop standing ovation and cheers for the Glee kids' performance.

Dude, they're not that amazing. It's just Journey.

I wish I hadn't seen this. Flipped over after the Laker game. I don't want to like this show. They've taken cheese to a whole new level:drool:

The last few episodes were really meh for me, aside from a very few performances/moments, so it was nice to actually love an episode again. :love: What can I say?! I love the cheese! :lol:

To Sir... was great. I loved that song when I was a kid, so I was pleasantly surprised to hear them sing it tonight. :D

I liked the Gaga episode and the one with Neil Patrick Harris, but I've become pretty "meh" about the show.

The whooole premise of the season is "win or place at regionals, or Glee club is out." So naturally, they do neither, and woe, alas, Glee club's ending ... except not! Ha, fake out!

Not like I was looking for a cliffhanger or anything, but it just made me roll my eyes Like much does on the show these days. :wink:

I think I'm only really watching for Curt, Curt's dad and Sue Sylvester at this point. I kind of hate everyone else.

Oh, forgot Puck. I do love Puck. And Brittany makes me laugh. But I hate everyone else.

I'm glad they didn't win because it was way more realistic. How often does a scrappy, rag-tag bunch of outsiders really take it all the way?

Loving Puck more and more with each episode.

Oh, I agree that having them win would have been a bit much. Although to not even have them place and go to that much effort to have the crowd on their feet the entire time during their performance was dumb.

I'm more peeved about them so easily contradicting the entire set-up of the plot for the first season. "The Glee Club is kaput! Oh no, it's not. Yay!" I thought at least they would come back next season with the plot of how to get it up and running again.

Although I suppose that would make it too much like this season's start, so maybe not. I just thought it was a cop-out.

I actually cried during it, so lame! hahahaha I never cry! I thought it was a great final episode! I'm not a huge fan, but i really liked it! :)

I did too during To Sir With Love. I cry in the original movie with Sidney Portier. :hug:

Can't wait til school is out so Maddy can catch up on all the series she's missed. She only missed last night's Glee and hopefully I can watch it with her.

Wow, so good.

Loved the Journey medley. "Don't Stop Believin'" is the reason I fell in love with the show and of course it was the pivotal moment in the pilot, so I thought it was a really nice touch bringing it back around to that. That got to me a li'l bit. I also thought the "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" ending was a good, happy, reflective song to end the season on. With the little cutaway shots to Brittany and Santana doing that pinky thing and people resting their heads on eachother's shoulders. Those Glee clubbers and their goofy friendships warm my heart.

But the best moment of the episode was fuckin "Bohemian Rhapsody." Damn. I'm surprised none of you mentioned it. I thought that whole sequence was just brilliant. Loved that they did the entire song, and that Jonathan Groff kid killed it.

This show rules so hard.

I wasn't all that impressed with their Bohemian Rhapsody, and I didn't like the juxtaposition of the birth scene either (except for that final scream towards the end). I just thought it was all very weird.

... but obviously I'm just a big Negative Nancy about the show now, so I'll shut up and let you guys share the love. :lol:

Yeah, too much focus on him :grumpy: It was alright.

And did Vocal Adrenaline's coach / Rachel's mother really adopt Beth? :ohmy:

Although not by much, since she turned out to be all "Gee, I thought I wanted a daughter, just not the one I already have."

That doesn't exactly bode well for her parenting skills. :wink:

Who knew Olivia Newton John was such a bitch.

I can't actually sit and watch an episode all the way through but I had a good Pilates workout on the floor while it was on, pausing for the musical numbers and whenever Sue was on the screen.

Wow, so good.

But the best moment of the episode was fuckin "Bohemian Rhapsody." Damn. I'm surprised none of you mentioned it. I thought that whole sequence was just brilliant. Loved that they did the entire song, and that Jonathan Groff kid killed it.

This show rules so hard.

I thought the Bohemian Rhapsody sequence was freakin' fantastic. Jonathan Groff is a great peformer - I loved it. And the Journey medley was so joyful and fun to watch. I haven't been a big fan of some of the episodes this season, but those numbers killed. (and um, yeah . . . that whole adoption thing was a little abrupt!)

'Glee' Hunk Mark Salling to Release Album | PopEater.com

Glee' star Mark Salling announced today he's releasing his debut album in October, Entertainment Weekly reports. The album, titled Pipe Dreams, will be released on Salling's own label, Pipe Dream Records.

The album is set to include rock and roll, alternative, and '60s folk-beat era sound. The Glee star is planning to write, perform and produce every song on the record, UsMagazine reports.

"Wanted to tell u all myself, my solo record PIPE DREAMS drops 10/12! So grateful for all your support, "Salling Twittered early Tuesday.

Salling stopped by Ryan Seacrest's morning radio show Tuesday morning and revealed the first song from his album, Higher Power. Listen to the song here.

The 27-year-old actor plays Puck on the hit FOX show and is most known for his covers of 'Sweet Caroline' and 'Good Vibrations.'

:drool:YUM. Uh, back to the music.:lol:. I don't mind that he's releasing an album since he's writing and producing it himself, and it's not a product of the Glee machine trying to put out cookie cutter albums for all its cast members. He has a great voice, and he plays guitar well too. I'm looking forward to hearing his work. Also, I can't wait for Season 2.:hyper: It premieres September 21st!

Back
Top Bottom