Old 12-02-2010, 04:58 PM   #361
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:42 AM
Meh.

Katie Couric to Appear on Glee - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Old 12-03-2010, 02:59 AM   #362
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:42 AM
Hm. Should be potentially interesting. Wonder if she'll go at them with any sort of "gotcha" stuff, an in joke about her thoughts on their photo shoot ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
The Zutons. It was a much bigger hit in the UK than it was over here in the States, so I thought that was a very cool, kinda unexpected choice for the producers to make as the closing song in the big Sectionals performance.
Ah, okay, thanks . I'm familiar with the Zutons, a friend sent me a CD of theirs a few years ago. Some good stuff on it. Will have to hear their version of that song, then, 'cause I liked it. I fully agree, that's one of the things I do love about this show, their musical tastes are rather eclectic and they do bring in some unusual, lesser-known songs every now and again.

I had the "Dog Days" song in my head the rest of the night after that show. I like that song, too.

Angela

Old 12-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #363
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith2904 View Post

Hell no...
Old 12-04-2010, 01:50 AM   #364
Blue Crack Addict

Lea Michele And Glee Cast To Be Replaced In 2012

Quote:
"Every year we're going to populate a new group," Murphy said. "There's nothing more depressing than a high schooler with a bald spot.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #365
ONE
love, blood, life

Well I could miss her , but that's gonna be a bummer for most of the guys
Old 12-07-2010, 02:24 AM   #366
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:42 AM
They'll find some way to keep Kurt on so they can keep writing episodes around him.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #367
ONE
love, blood, life

I wan't an episode on Mike Chang!
Seriously , He's still a total stranger even tough he's in the second season of the show!
Old 12-08-2010, 03:26 AM   #368
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Adds a bit of mystery to him, though . But yeah, it would be neat to learn a little more about him.

So, am I the only one who, when Kurt and Blaine were doing "Baby, It's Cold Outside" (sidenote: I've always liked that song), actually said out loud, "Oh, just kiss already!" Such cute flirtation (and that's the only time he popped up, for those who complain about the lack of focus on other characters), I can't wait until they finally get together. If they ever do.

Way to use the inspiration of the Grinch story, too. Sue in green makeup-oh, dear . And I freely admit to tearing up at the bit with Artie towards the end-it's a Christmas show, it's going to be touching and sappy, and I'm completely fine with that. Much as I liked it when he and Tina were together, I'm liking him and Brittney quite a bit, too. Sweet little storyline there, especially with the way everyone rallied around Brittney for the Santa thing.

And I've had "Last Christmas" in my head all night. That has to be one of THE most covered Christmas songs ever, swear to God...

Angela
Old 12-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #369
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Good episode. Shocking lack of Kurt for most of the show. Probably why I liked it so much. Also wow, I'm surprised they are really pushing Brit into a lot of stories this season. They must have had lots of positive feedback for her character during the show's breaks, because they have her get just as much screen time lately as anyone else on the show.

I wish they had found a way to put in Lea's version of O Holy Night because holy crap that's one of her best vocals yet. Didn't make sense for the show though, so it's understandable. Good song choices though.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #370
ONE
love, blood, life

Great episode. I've really enjoyed the amount of Britney and Santana this season. And I must have the blue dress Rachel wore in the winter wonderland she made for Finn.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #371
Refugee

Local Time: 04:42 PM
Last night's episode of Glee "stink, stank, stunk." Okay, maybe my assessment is a bit harsh, but I was underwhelmed and I kept looking at my clock during Glee's airing. I love "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"(the late Dr. Seuss and I share a birthday), but I wish the writers would have tried something a bit more original instead of reiterating a holiday classic. Sometimes I think Glee is a bit full of itself, and is resting on its laurels. Then again, maybe it will regain steam once it comes back in February. A girl can dream right? Here is my Glist.

Sue the Grinch-by GLG

1. Why do I think Will's act of charity towards the homeless kids seemed more like a plan to impress Emma than actually giving a shit about homeless kids? Damn, I've grown cynical over this character.

2. Also, Will's sweaters were all kinds of fug. What's next? A Cosby sweater?

3. I saw Sue tampering with the Secret Santa coming a mile away.

4. Brittany's ditziness used to be kind of charming, but now I find it irritating. A high school student still believing in Santa Claus? Yes, I know Glee is hardly realistic, but come on!

5. That being said, I thought Brittany talking to Coach Bieste dressed up as Santa Claus was charming. Coach Bieste is becoming a favorite of mine. I like how she combines toughness with empathy and kindness.

6. There are two Jewish characters on this show, Rachel and Puck, and we can't even have a moment of them singing, "I Have a Little Dreidel?" Even my shiksa ass has made latkes!

7. I loved Blaine and Kurt's duet on "Baby, It's Cold Outside." And I wish they would have kissed afterward. I need my hoyay!

8. I'm really getting sick of Sue using Becky for her evil ends. Making Becky into Max the "reindog" and pulling her around just looked exploitive. I hope Becky's parents get on Sue's ass.

9. I know the glee kids aren't exactly popular with their peers, but having a teacher throw a shoe at them while they're caroling? Are they President George W. Bush?

10. When Will came home and noticed the fire in the fireplace, the first thought I had was Terri broke in and was going to tell Will she's pregnant for real this time. Nope, it was Sue and the glee kids making sure Will is not alone on Christmas because we all know they have absolutely nothing important to do for Christmas. Where are Will's parents? I would have loved to have seen Will's mother get drunk on eggnog and fall into the Christmas tree.

11. Artie's ReWalk is the real deal. Argo Medical Technologies

12. Okay, was I the only one who coveted Rachel's adorable navy dress with the white piping? Nope.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #372
ONE
love, blood, life

Rachel's blue dress, only $165 from Brook Brothers. Anyone want to get it for me for Christmas?

This blog has info on where to get clothes seen on various "Glee" episodes.

And this blog shows how to dress like Emma.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #373
Blue Crack Distributor

GoLightlyGrrl's #6 -
Old 12-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #374
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith2904 View Post
Rachel's blue dress, only $165 from Brook Brothers. Anyone want to get it for me for Christmas?

This blog has info on where to get clothes seen on various "Glee" episodes.

And this blog shows how to dress like Emma.

I easily drop that much or more on a night out.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #375
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
The Zutons. It was a much bigger hit in the UK than it was over here in the States, so I thought that was a very cool, kinda unexpected choice for the producers to make as the closing song in the big Sectionals performance.
The Amy Winehouse cover was pretty popular as well. That's the version Glee did.

Tags
glee