Glee - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2010, 09:26 PM   #331
Refugee

Local Time: 01:41 PM
My Glist - The Rocky Horror Glee Show by GLG

Though I'm getting a bit weary of "Glee's" themed/tribute episodes, I must admit I was really looking forward to this episode, and I was delightfully entertained throughout. Seeing "Rocky Horror" in the theater is a coming of age rite of passage, and though I haven't seen the movie since the first Clinton administration, I found myself singing along to every song. Here is my Glist.

1) I jonesed for Rachel's adorable pink frock for the entire episode.

2) I'm so proud to see my girl Emma break out of her OCD by eating sandwiches with the crusts on them, seeing the "Rocky Horror Picture" show and embracing Halloween. Tears are in my eyes.

3) Brittany stole my Halloween costume. I was going to go as a peanut allergy.

4) I thought it was interesting to have Finn be worried about how his body looks. This is usually a girl's domain, but I know guys have anxiety about their looks, too.

5) Sue's Corner was made of win. And that's how GLG C's it!

6) Unitarian Chimp Wedding is the name of my new band.

7) So great to see Meatloaf and Barry Bostwick. And I think their characters used to work for Fox News.

8) Emma and Carl are so adorable together. And it was kind of funny to see Will get all uncomfortable. Suck it, Will.

9) Mercedes made a pretty fierce Frank-N-Furter, but Tim Curry owns that role!

10) Uncle Jesse DDS encased all in leather is the hotness, and the only time it is appropriate to say, "Drill, baby, drill."

11) Will's most redeeming feature-his abs.

12) Emma's "Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch Me" made me so proud of my fellow ginger. I've had that song in my head all day!

13) Okay, if Cory Monteith had posed for GQ in just his undies, I probably wouldn't have been so icked out by the layout.

14) Will's confession to Emma showed he might finally be gaining some self-awareness and maturity.

15) I actually got up and did the "Time Warp" myself. It's like riding a bike; you never forget.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:35 AM   #332
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golightly Grrl View Post
1) I jonesed for Rachel's adorable pink frock for the entire episode.
Some of the girls on here have some really cute clothes. I liked the one outfit Emma was wearing during her scene where she sang to Will.

Quote:
3) Brittany stole my Halloween costume. I was going to go as a peanut allergy.
Seriously, who doesn't love Brittany and her randomness?

Quote:
5) Sue's Corner was made of win. And that's how GLG C's it!
Agreed, and am I the only one who thought that segment sounded remarkably similar to something you'd hear on "The Colbert Report" ? She's like a female Stephen!

Quote:
11) Will's most redeeming feature-his abs.

12) Emma's "Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch Me" made me so proud of my fellow ginger. I've had that song in my head all day!
Hell, yes. On both counts. There are times I really want to be Emma, and last night's show was DEFINITELY one of those times. Shirtless Will...yeah, baby . On behalf of shy girls who long to break out of their shells like that, I salute you, Emma .

I kept alternating back and forth between having that song and "Time Warp" go through my head last night (and I loved their performance of "Time Warp", they looked like they were having a total blast performing it). I do agree, I think it definitely would help to have some familiarity with "Rocky Horror" beforehand-my sister's never seen it and barely knows a thing about it, so I don't think she quite "got" the tribute the way some would. I've only seen a small bit of the movie, but I have some general idea of what it's about.

Mercedes did quite nice with her performance, yes. Was kinda looking forward to seeing one of the guys dress like that, though...

Quote:
13) Okay, if Cory Monteith had posed for GQ in just his undies, I probably wouldn't have been so icked out by the layout.
Haha, I'm sure there's many a girl who was happy about that-I know my sister would've been happy, she's got a crush on Finn. I was quite liking his sorta nerdy look he was sporting the whole show. He looks good with glasses.

My mom's always thought John Stamos was cute-she hasn't seen this week's episode yet, but I'm sure she'll get a kick out of it when my sister plays it back. Will be interesting to see just where else they'll take this battle between him and Will.

Angela

Old 10-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #333
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:41 AM
Mercedes as Frank was an abomination. Still not understanding why "transvestite" is fine for a lyric but not "transexual", especially when Finn was saying stuff like "faggy" in another episode.

The rest of the show however, was awesome.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #334
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:41 AM
Well, it's not like they had "faggy" in there to be "edgy" or something, they had it in there as a plot point, so Finn's dad could give him a (deserved) dressing-down.

I think it's realistic that stuff would be changed for a high school production of Rocky Horror, as they do for productions of Grease.

But I didn't watch it, so I don't know if there was a mention of the school wanting them to tone it down, or if there was no mention of it and we're just supposed to assume it's the network's doing.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:28 PM   #335
Refugee

My Glist-Never Been Kissed by GLG

Once again we have a "very special episode" of Glee. I usually like these episodes, and I was pretty entertained by this one. The mash-ups were loads of fun (personally, I preferred the boys). Puck is back and as awful as usual. He's either going to end up on death row or as the CEO of a multi-national corporation. Sue was her usual deliciously evil self. Will tried to be comforting and understanding, but he just made me cringe. And Shannon Bieste is becoming a very interesting character to me. Here is my Glist.

1) Poor Finn and Sam-blue balls is no fun.

2) Great, Bieste: The Boner Killer

3) One of the teams New Directions will be competing against at Sectionals is made-up of elderly folks studying for their GED? Does this mean we get Betty White as a guest star?

4) Yea, Will, Captain Obvious, bullying is getting to Kurt.

5) Katy Perry works my last never, but I loved the Dalton Academy Warblers' version of "Teenage Dream." And Darren Criss is so good-looking, like old-fashioned movie star handsome. No wondering Kurt is swooning over him.

6) I so want a confetti cannon.

7) So Karofsky is actually gay. I guess it's best that he come out now rather than inadvertently twenty years from now when he's a Republican congressman. Still, I'm tired of the meme that bullies are just self-hating homophobic jocks or insecure or have a troubled home life. Some people are bullies because they are fucking assholes. Sorry, I'm still bitter from high school.

8) Blaine and Kurt, squeee! Please make this happen! They'd be so cute at prom, and I hope at a Glee reunion show ten years from now, they are getting married and registered at Williams Sonoma.

9) Will pity kisses the Bieste. How generous of you, Will. You deserve a Nobel Peace Prize. Actually, I'd like to give you a Nobel Piece of my Mind. Before you can lecture the kids, you need to take a good look in the mirror. You've been rather creepy, self-serving and inconsiderate this season. But still, I'll kind of forgive you because you looked rather cute in your eyeglasses early on in the episode.

10) I missed Emma. I hope she and Carl are having lots of hot sex.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #336
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
2) Great, Bieste: The Boner Killer
LOL. Poor Bieste. I felt really bad for her. But I love the way the guys made it up to her at the end of the show (though, in regards to the kids' performances, one question: when the girls were performing their mash-up, I'd like to know exactly where they managed to get all the fancy lighting and such that they had behind them? And I can't see the high schools I went to allowing the girls to dance or dress the way they did. But meh, it's TV, not reality, so...).

Quote:
3) One of the teams New Directions will be competing against at Sectionals is made-up of elderly folks studying for their GED? Does this mean we get Betty White as a guest star?
Didn't even consider that. Would not surprise me at all.

I look forward to seeing them go up against that group. That should be interesting.

Quote:
5) Katy Perry works my last never, but I loved the Dalton Academy Warblers' version of "Teenage Dream." And Darren Criss is so good-looking, like old-fashioned movie star handsome. No wondering Kurt is swooning over him.
Absolutely. Officially the best version of that song I've heard (and the Glee guys' mash-up was definitely my favorite over the girls').

I too am totally rooting for Kurt and his new friend to become a couple. For a moment I was thinking Kurt was going to consider changing schools, but I'm glad he's not (he can't, really, as they stated). I like the idea of the kids at that school bolstering him and trying to help him through all the crap he's taking at school (poor kid. How far in advance are these shows taped, 'cause this one seemed quite timely in light of the recent stories about the suicides of gay kids and such).

Speaking of which...

Quote:
7) So Karofsky is actually gay. I guess it's best that he come out now rather than inadvertently twenty years from now when he's a Republican congressman. Still, I'm tired of the meme that bullies are just self-hating homophobic jocks or insecure or have a troubled home life. Some people are bullies because they are fucking assholes. Sorry, I'm still bitter from high school.
...that kiss surprised the heck out of my family and me. Was not expecting that. I was more than willing to believe he did it just because he was a jerk who couldn't handle the things Kurt was talking about. But that's an unusual development, to say the least-wonder where they'll go with it. You do raise a good point, though, about why people are bullies.

And I LOVED the Republican congressman line .

My sister was also weirded out by the Schuester/Bieste kiss. Meh. Didn't bother me any, but...*Shrugs*. Fair point regardless.

Angela
Old 11-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #337
Refugee

One thing that struck while watching Glee last night was the absolute horror on Kurt's face when Karfosky kissed him. Karofsky has done nothing but terrorize Kurt and he was the one who gave Kurt his first boy-on-boy kiss. The horror! It was assault. It's as if the most misogynist, woman-hating bully gave me my first kiss. I wouldn't be thrilled no matter how desperate I am to be kissed. I'd be disgusted and violated.

Anyway, I hope Darren Criss is made a full cast member. I think he's talented, charming and way good looking. And the way Kurt looked at Blaine while he sang "Teenage Dream" was so heartfelt. You just knew it was love at first sight. Chris Colfer is an amazing actor.

ETA: Here is a post I wrote at my blog on the songs the Glee cast should sing if Glee was on cable. Enjoy!
Popcorn in My Bra: "Sassy's Cute Band Alert": Songs the Cast of Glee Should Sing if Glee Was on Cable
Old 11-12-2010, 12:43 AM   #338
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
One thing that struck while watching Glee last night was the absolute horror on Kurt's face when Karfosky kissed him. Karofsky has done nothing but terrorize Kurt and he was the one who gave Kurt his first boy-on-boy kiss. The horror! It was assault. It's as if the most misogynist, woman-hating bully gave me my first kiss. I wouldn't be thrilled no matter how desperate I am to be kissed. I'd be disgusted and violated.
Fully agreed on this. I wouldn't want my first kiss to come from a guy who kept shoving me into my locker and knocking my stuff out of my hands and generally being a pain in my ass, either. I know sometimes people lash out with teasing and stuff like that to hide their feelings for someone, but there's a line. I hope things get sorted out between those two, but, yeah, I get the feeling Kurt ain't exactly looking to ask him out anytime soon.

Quote:
Anyway, I hope Darren Criss is made a full cast member. I think he's talented, charming and way good looking. And the way Kurt looked at Blaine while he sang "Teenage Dream" was so heartfelt. You just knew it was love at first sight. Chris Colfer is an amazing actor.
He really is, yes. I'm loving the storylines with his character this season, he seems to know just how to bring the right emotion to each situation. I feel for him with every single thing he's going through.

That "Teenage Dream" scene was practically out of a movie. I half expected hearts and little animated birds to pop up all of a sudden or something . I look very forward to seeing where they'll take this whole thing between those two guys.

(My sister did make an interesting point today, though-when Rachel dated someone from the competition, she got hell for it. Conflict of interest, and all that. Will Kurt face the same dilemma?)

I love your song suggestions for the cable version of "Glee", even though I don't actually know most of them . They seem perfect for the respective characters. If "Glee" were on cable, it'd definitely be a LOT darker and MUCH more subversive (and Will and Emma probably would've slept together a long time ago already. While he was still married, no less).

So Gwenyth is going to sing the clean version of the Cee-Lo song, eh? Interesting (she apparently is starting up a country music career, too, I guess. Will reserve judgment until I actually hear her sing, though). I'm with you, though, I'd love to hear Will's version of "Fuck You". That'd be hilarious.

Keep up the excellent, entertaining commentary! I always love hearing your thoughts on this stuff .

Angela
Old 11-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #339
War Child

Local Time: 08:41 AM
Watch. NOW Terry will get pregnant.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:26 PM   #340
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I'm getting bored of every other episode being about Kurt or Mr. S.

Also, LOL@ Kurt giving Mercedes advice on having "self respect" when he has done nothing but allow himself to be a crying victim this entire season. His whole storyline is becoming too one-note. (so are some of the others)
Old 11-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #341
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm thisclose to breaking up with this show. I don't think Gwyneth can sing to save her life, and what's up with her and Mr Shue getting to sing so much this week? Isn't it called Glee? Shut the hell up and let the kids be featured in the songs!

It's just not funny, and I'm so bored. Last night I ended up reading and doing other things while watching, as the episode was annoying and wasn't keeping my interest. It had such great potential, but it's really gone down the crapper lately.

I LOVED the version of Teenage Dreams from last week, though. That was amazing. Those glimmers of fantastic songs are what keep me watching in the hopes that the storyline will improve, but I don't know if that's enough any more.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #342
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:41 AM
I finally broke down and watched that Teenage Dream clip from last week - it was everything I'd heard it would be. So fantastic!

I like the idea of seeing the clips of the songs I want to see online and ignoring everything else.

I watched Gwynnie singing modified Cee-Lo a few days ago, and I thought it was pretty good.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:09 AM   #343
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit toys View Post
Watch. NOW Terry will get pregnant.
Didn't even consider that. Wouldn't surprise me, though.

I liked the "Umbrella/Singin' In The Rain" mashup last night. That was pretty good (though, weren't they performing it at the school? Where the hell'd they get the water effects and such?). And I didn't mind Gwenyth's singing, either, but eh *Shrugs* (I did like the constant poking fun at always finding Journey songs to sing. That was cute).

Judging from the previews, it sounds like a lot of your pleas aren't going to be heard anytime soon, at least. My sister's biggest complaint about this season is that she's not too happy with what they've done with some of the characters, some of the inconsistency in their storylines and personalities (i.e., Rachel's always been a pushy starlet, but this season she sends a girl who may be competition to a crack house? Finn suddenly cares too much about being popular. Quinn's falling back into some of her old pre-baby habits/attitudes. Etc., etc.). I myself enjoy the show on a casual level, so none of this really bothers me all that much, but some valid points made nonetheless.

Angela
Old 11-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #344
Refugee

Though I'm looking forward to seeing Carol Burnett as Sue's mom on Glee, I am getting a bit sick of the clusterfuck of guest stars. Glee has a talented cast, and I wish the writers would focus more on developing the characters and their stories rather than bringing in the guest star du jour.

That being said, I thought Gwyneth did a good job (and I'm hardly the biggest fan of the Paltrow). And it was good seeing Glee be silly and fun after some rather somber "After School Special" episodes.

Here is my Glist.

The Substitute-by GLG

1) Scarier words than Principal Sue? President Palin.

2) Said in a Veruca Salt voice: "Daddy, I want a little Gleek! I want a little Gleek right now!"

3) Of course, Mercedes would protest the lack of tater tots in the cafeteria (what are you? A Duggar?) because all chubby girls obsess over food. Still, I laughed when Mercedes went all Norma Rae and held up the "Tots" sign. Hmm, I wonder if "Tots" signs will be seen at tea party rallies. I can't imagine teabaggers holding signs saying "Au Gratin Potatoes." Au gratin potatoes are French and socialist, and maybe even Muslim.

4) I adored the swing version of "Conjunction Junction." Can we get a swing version of "I'm Just a Bill?"

5) The cleaned up version of "Fuck You," "Forget You" kind of falls flat without the profanity. But this is network TV, and you can't cuss on network TV. Well, you can if your name is Bono or Joe Biden. And you just had to love Gwyneth's dorky white girl dancing. The robot? Hee!

6) I'm so glad Mike Chang joined Will for "Make'em Laugh." Harry Shum Jr's rubbery dance moves were made for that routine. This was so much fun and the only way you could make it better is to have Harry and Matthew shirtless.

7) Will's love of Journey is more irritating than Randy Jackson's.

8) I just knew Will and Terry would end up doing the horizontal sweaty. I wouldn't be surprised if Terry ends up pregnant. She's conniving enough to "trick" Will, and Will is too stupid to wrap his willie. I think these two crazy kids are meant for each other. Emma is too good for Will

9) Of course Kurt thinks Mercedes will have so much in common with her potential hook-up because they're both black. Still, I'm glad he didn't try to hook her up with that douchebag Azimio. And that football player is hot! Mercedes deserves some good lovin'.

10) Is Breadstix the only restaurant in Lima, Ohio? Kurt and Blaine are all kinds of adorable but I could understand why Mercedes was irritated. It's not fun being a third wheel.

11) Holly Holiday? Porn star or drag queen? Terry, I was thinking the same thing. And despite her craziness, I think Will was a total jerk for revealing her shit in front of Holly. Keep that stuff private, Will. And get therapy!

12) Karofsky scares the living shit out of me. He's a menace, and I'm afraid he's going to do something horrible to Kurt.

13) Why am I not surprised Brittany needed to learn the second half of the alphabet?

14) Sadly, "Umbrella/Singing in the Rain" was just kind of meh to me. Gene Kelly must have been rolling in his grave. Then again, Gene Kelly did the movie Xanadu so what do I know?

15) There were moments that offended me, and I'm hardly a humorless pearl clutcher. I thought the Spanish lesson calling Lindsey Lohan crazy and talking about how many times she's been to rehab was a cheap shot. "Practice your biplar rants" was not funny at all. And calling Cameo "a more attractive Biggie Smalls" was unnecessary.

16) I've come the conclusion that Glee needs female writers. Certainly there is a fledgling Tina Fey or Mindy Kaling who needs the work.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:39 AM   #345
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
1) Scarier words than Principal Sue? President Palin.
Quote:
6) I'm so glad Mike Chang joined Will for "Make'em Laugh." Harry Shum Jr's rubbery dance moves were made for that routine. This was so much fun and the only way you could make it better is to have Harry and Matthew shirtless.
Yeah. This. On both counts .

Quote:
12) Karofsky scares the living shit out of me. He's a menace, and I'm afraid he's going to do something horrible to Kurt.
No kidding. That threat sounded disturbingly real, I actually gasped a bit when he said that to Kurt. Kurt looked truly terrified, and who could blame him? You almost don't really want to know what could happen next with those two.

Quote:
15) There were moments that offended me, and I'm hardly a humorless pearl clutcher. I thought the Spanish lesson calling Lindsey Lohan crazy and talking about how many times she's been to rehab was a cheap shot. "Practice your biplar rants" was not funny at all. And calling Cameo "a more attractive Biggie Smalls" was unnecessary.
Missed the Cameo line, but yeah, the Lohan stuff was...random. And strange. Didn't offend me like it did you, but it was out of place, definitely.

Quote:
16) I've come the conclusion that Glee needs female writers. Certainly there is a fledgling Tina Fey or Mindy Kaling who needs the work.
Intriguing idea. Maybe you should take up the job . I'd love to see the results of your consulting with those who work on the show.

Angela

Tags
glee