Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:09 PM
Is it wrong that I don't want to hear him sing, I just want to look at him? Yes

So Britney's going to be on Glee next season..that's the rumor

Old 09-22-2010, 03:31 AM   #242
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:09 PM
What y'all think of this premiere?

The first eight or ten minutes were great. With the whole documentary thing, love that they poked fun at themselves and didn't shy away from some of the negative stuff that people say about the show. And then Sue came in firing on all cylinders as usual. And I really like this new Coach Beiste character.

"The two of you have made a mistake the likes of which have not been seen since the Mexican Indians sold Manhattan to George Washington for an upskirt photo of Betsy Ross."

"Now take your juicy, vine-ripened chest fruit and get the hell out of my office."

Old 09-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #243
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
The first eight or ten minutes were great. With the whole documentary thing, love that they poked fun at themselves and didn't shy away from some of the negative stuff that people say about the show.
I fully agree with this. Especially the bit about Will and his rapping and such. I mean, that never really bothered me personally, but I can see why others would've cringed at that, and I thought that was indeed a cute touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
And I really like this new Coach Beiste character.
She's interesting, yes, and I think if they develop her character more she could be a good sparing partner for Sue.

I was kinda taken aback by how mean some of the characters were this show, though-Rachel sabotaging that girl's chances-I mean, I know she's incredibly competitive and all that, but I dunno if she would've gone that far last season, and Will getting involved in some of the making fun of the new coach, doesn't seem like him, really, either. And I'm sad that Artie and his girlfriend broke up, and the one Cheerio got implants...it just seems like some of the kids kinda forgot about the message of "being themselves". Course, I know some kids take a while to learn that lesson and such, but I dunno. Hopefully that makes sense .

It is the first episode, though, so we'll see how all this stuff gets sorted out as time goes on.

Also, the blond-haired guy that tried out for the club, yeah, think my sister's got a potential new crush .

Angela
Old 09-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #244
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:09 PM
I DVRd it. I said I was done with the show last spring, but I'm going to keep watching for at least another few episodes to see if the break did me good, or if it still annoys me.

Also, I at least need to see the Britney episode.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #245
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:09 PM
Britney episode is next week
Old 09-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #246
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Mike Chang can be shirtless whenever he wants, as can Puck. /wallowing in the shallow end.

It was fun. I missed Sue Sylvester so much. The cheer tryouts were hilarious. I really loved Billionaire and Telephone.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:39 PM   #247
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
Mike Chang can be shirtless whenever he wants, as can Puck. /wallowing in the shallow end.

It was fun. I missed Sue Sylvester so much. The cheer tryouts were hilarious. I really loved Billionaire and Telephone.
This!

It was a fun episode. So glad to have it back. That new guy is kinda cute, although he really needs a haircut.

Brittany had so many funny one-liners that of course I can't remember today. I'm a little bit too excited about the Britney episode next week.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #248
Refugee

Local Time: 09:09 PM
I write a list of my thoughts on the episodes of Glee at another site. Mind if I post it here? Well, here are my thoughts on "Audition."

1. Loved the opening sequence where Jacob JewFro grilled the Gleesters about the same shit fans complain about-Autotune, Will rapping, Rachel’s diva-ness.

2. Speaking of diva-ness, Rachel has gone from hyper-ambitious, annoying prima donna to an outright sociopath. Sending Sunshine to a crack house? Was this the same crack house Bryan Ryan used to hang out?

3. Lea Michelle, please eat something.

4. Mike Chang’s abs must be prominently exposed on every episode of “Glee.” Ryan Murphy, make it happen!

5. Dayum, Charice can sing! But her acting is a little weak. And how tiny is she? I think I was bigger in 3rd grade, and I was a very small kid.

6. I’m a horrible person, but I actually thought the Beiste was played by a man in drag, but she’s played by an actress named Dot Marie Jones. I was a little worried the Beiste might be cringe worthy, but there was some nuance to the characterization. I’m interested in how this character plays out.

7. Though the bullying scenes of the Beiste by Will and Sue did have moments of humor, I was still horrified. I was bullied as a kid and as an adult, and it is no picnic. Sure, I expect Sue to be a hosebeast, but I expect better from Will. Sadly, he’s so desperate to be liked he’d even join Sue to bully someone he barely knows. Grow the fuck up, Will.

8. Sam, the guy who sang “Billionaire,” has such a huge mouth he could blow a bag of dicks. I laughed myself silly when about the “balls in the mouth” joke. Ah, teabagger humor, good times.

9. Some people vacation in Hawaii. Some people vacation in New York City. Brittany gets lost in the sewers.

10. Favorite lines? “Stop the violence”-Brittany, “Fashion has no gender”-Kurt, and “Shut up!”-Sue Sylvester telling Rachel and Sunshine to can it while they were singing “Telephone.”

11. Finn auditioning for the Cheerios was hilarious. And so cool to see Becky as Sue’s assistant. I loved her snarking on Finn’s “dancing.”

12. I will now refer to my breasts as "juicy, vine-ripened chestfruit."
Old 09-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #249
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:09 PM
I'm so glad it's back! I loved everything about this episode. I can't wait to see Sue's war on Coach Bieste. That new kid is hot, and so are Mike Chang's abs. Finn's try-out for Cheerios was hilarious. I loved all the songs this week. Soooooo excited for Britney week next week! Golightly, I'm so happy to see you back!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #250
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I keep finding it difficult to get into the show with my own baggage; namely, how old some of the actors look. Cory Monteith is 28 years old! I wonder if this year some will graduate like in Skins, or in Season 3 they keep lording over their 18 year old guest stars like Charice.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #251
Blue Crack Distributor

GoLightly Grrl
Old 09-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #252
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:09 PM
"Show us on the doll where Coach Bieste touched you". I fucking love Figgins.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #253
Blue Crack Distributor

Geez, I'd forgotten how mean so many of the characters were. I kept noting incidents of the characters being heinous to each other.

I'm so torn - part of me wants to keep watching because I feel left out if I don't, but I'd forgotten how much I started disliking so many of the characters last year.

I'll watch next week for the Britney episode, but I think that's it. Oh well. Alas.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:51 AM   #254
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Eh, well, if you choose to stop watching, cori, hopefully people's comments on here will fill you in well enough on what's going on .

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
Mind if I join you there? Lord knows I'm doing that often enough when I watch "Community" .

Golightly Grrl, loved your commentary, hope you keep sharing your thoughts here! I'd forgotten about Finn's tryout, yeah, that was good. My sister got a kick out of that (she's a HUGE "Gleek", yet she wasn't entirely sure about last night's show. But she liked that bit, definitely). Can't really disagree with your thoughts much, either (and I loved the Brittany line ). And I like Figgins, too, U2isthebest, he's, oddly enough, about one of the more "sane" people on the show.

The Britney episode next week should indeed be interesting. I keep seeing the commercials where they're dressed up in all her video getups and I'm getting major flashbacks to my teen years. Very curious to see what they do with that one.

Angela
Old 09-24-2010, 04:03 AM   #255
Blue Crack Addict

Tags
glee