Community: This Is The Darkest Timeline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just popping in to say I've watched the first seventeen or so episodes in the last month. Ten of which were last night. This show is so great! It's another gem that I've started watching this year. :up:

Previews from Television Without Pity:

Community
Returns: October 19 at 8:30 PM on NBC
What to Expect: Four seasons, a Friday night timeslot and new showrunners isn't exactly #sixseasonsandamovie, but Community fans know that the fact NBC gave their series another season is nothing short of a miracle. A handful of writers and producers left, and Star-Burns is officially out as well. All we really know about plot this season is that Malcolm McDowell will be the study group's new history teacher, and that the powers that be plan to reveal Jeff's dad.
Will We Watch It? Of course! Just because we're skeptical doesn't mean we weren't obsessed with the past three seasons.

Amazing how different Alison Brie is on this show compared to Mad Men

Her Mad Men character is virtually oblivious to whats going on, as opposed to the perky Annie

So, given what we've seen so far I remain quite optimistic about its quality. Of course I would have liked Harmon to be able to write the conclusion to it & I'm sure its ambition will wane a little, but there was pretty much no way for them to out-weird the second half of Season 3 anyway.

However, I was optimistic we'd at least get a back 9 episodes for this season given Sony's syndication deal & their history of getting NBC to let shows air longer for very little money for the sake of getting more on the back end, that hope has kind of been crushed this week when it came to light that Donald Glover is developing his own sitcom with NBC.

:sad:

However, I was optimistic we'd at least get a back 9 episodes for this season given Sony's syndication deal & their history of getting NBC to let shows air longer for very little money for the sake of getting more on the back end, that hope has kind of been crushed this week when it came to light that Donald Glover is developing his own sitcom with NBC.

:sad:

I know, that makes me sad, too, to realize that's even less likely now. Every show needs an end date eventually, of course, and it's better for this one to go out on top, but still, it's sad to think its end is likely quite near.

But hey, if these episodes we do get do wind up being it, and they're still as good in quality as the other seasons, it'll be worthwhile.

Agreed with cobl, good to see you back here. And CCD, enjoying your comments on the show as well.

You're right, it's just that I wonder what the producers already knew going in, this is a show that I'd be utterly crushed over if they didn't get proper warning to write a real ending for it.

& yeah, :wave: thanks guys, good to see y'all again too. I've been trying to keep the productivity up in my life of late, much as I love the blue crack, it's a total time suck. I'm tentatively attempting to find a happy medium between hiatus & time suck.

I'm cool with that. Does that mean we can have Josh Brolin guest star as Jeff's long lost half-brother? (Wow, that's a lot of 'J' names, Jeff/Joel, James, Josh).

So what I want to know is if these new showrunners are assuring us plenty of appearances from the Greendale community at large. If this is to be the end, I want plenty of Vicki, Magnitude, Garrett, Leonard, Real Neil, etc.

So what I want to know is if these new showrunners are assuring us plenty of appearances from the Greendale community at large. If this is to be the end, I want plenty of Vicki, Magnitude, Garrett, Leonard, Real Neil, etc.

I would think so, with the only exception being ...

Starburns

... based on what I've read from TV Line and other reliable sources.

Back
Top Bottom