Batman - The Dark Knight Rises

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thumbsup_kramergiddyup.jpg

I've watched the trailer like five times already.

We all saw the photos of Bane from the set, and the promo shots and everything, but seeing more of him here in this trailer seals it for me. This is going to be a badass villain. Even though it's only a fleeting preview, I really like what I'm seeing from the character.

It's gonna suck when both Dwight and Creed dress up as him for the office Halloween party next year, though.

I really loved The Dark Knight so am hoping that this film is, if not better, tham at least on par with it.

The exploding football field seems a bit jarring for me, but the rest of it looks great.

It's quite weird for a Batman trailer to show so little of the man himself, and no Catwoman at all. I understand that Nolan wants to keep some things back but this is more like a second teaser.

Still, I reseve judgement until I actually see the movie.

I like Nolan but his films are a bit like being on a roller coaster with a pseudo-intellectual sitting next to you shouting, 'Look! Fear! Escalation! Evil Rises!!!' and a German man with a horn fetish. The ride also stops periodically so that a geriatric English bloke who smells of piss and Werther's Original toffees can explain to you what has just happened and what it all means.

I saw the one before Sherlock Holmes with the collapsing field.
it was good

then I saw the one before MI4 on an IMAX screen, the one with the plane hi-jack and extraction, holy shit, I will be back at the IMAX for Dark Knight.

I enjoyed the prologue tonight. More interesting set-piece than the opening TDK heist at least. Still willing to argue Nolan has one of the most offensively drab and ugly aesthetics in Hollywood right now.

Catwoman is going to steal the show.

Hathaway's voice sounds nasally like Sarah Michelle Gellar and isn't really seductive at all. How does one cast her and Marion Cotillard and not give the latter the Catwoman role?

Also, this film has four acting Oscar winners in the cast. Is that a comic book adaptation record?

Also, this film has four acting Oscar winners in the cast. Is that a comic book adaptation record?

Should have been equalled by Burton's Batman (which remarkably didn't have Johnny Depp or Helena Bonham Carter in it to ruin it like all his recent films) had the Academy acknowledged Keaton's Oscar worthy portrayals of Bill Blazejowski and Johnny Dangerously. :wink:

(Of course I still can't understand how Basinger won so these things tend to even themselves out)

I love Batman in general, and loved the first two movies, but there's something about everything that's been released about this one that continually disappoints me. Maybe the terrible CGI, maybe the crappy costumes, maybe the silly looking vehicles, maybe something else. I hope for the best, but am fairly nervous it'll bum me out.

Should have been equalled by Burton's Batman (which remarkably didn't have Johnny Depp or Helena Bonham Carter in it to ruin it like all his recent films) had the Academy acknowledged Keaton's Oscar worthy portrayals of Bill Blazejowski and Johnny Dangerously. :wink:

(Of course I still can't understand how Basinger won so these things tend to even themselves out)

Right, but still Basinger won AFTER appearing in Batman.

Retroactive don't count!

Hathaway's voice sounds nasally like Sarah Michelle Gellar and isn't really seductive at all. How does one cast her and Marion Cotillard and not give the latter the Catwoman role?
The way Hathaway says 'I'm adaptable' is cringe-worthy. She's like the cute mousey girl trying way too hard to be sexy.

I love Batman in general, and loved the first two movies, but there's something about everything that's been released about this one that continually disappoints me. Maybe the terrible CGI, maybe the crappy costumes, maybe the silly looking vehicles, maybe something else. I hope for the best, but am fairly nervous it'll bum me out.

wait... you haven't liked batman begins or the dark knight, yet you liked batman returns?

this logic confuses me.

Usually CG is still being worked on during the trailers. I wouldn't worry too much about that. It's hard to say about the rest though. I kinda feel the same way. And Bane is hard to get a handle on at the moment; I can't tell if he's going to be awesome or crappy

The Dark Knight already did though? Of course this has 4 that have already won going into it's release, whereas TDK had two go on to win after its release including Ledger for the film itself.

Edit: now I've seen your definitive stance on retroactivity. Withdrawn.

Returns is also bad ass.

This. Pfeiffer and DeVito were awesome. Also, whenever I hear someone refer to champagne as "Bubbly", all I can think of is the Penguin celebrating their successful trashing of the Batmobile and offering her a "Touch of the Bubbly?" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom