American Idol - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who was the guy who won last year again?

(I didn't watch the season).

Is he doing anything in the music world?

Kris Allen won last year. He's got his album out-I've seen his video for his cover of the Script's "Live Like We're Dying" on VH1. So he's making music, but Adam's the one getting more attention. Which is usually how this show seems to work.

"Don't Dream It's Over" is on that list. Wonder if anyone'll do that one?

Count me in among the Crystal supporters, too, though I like that Mike as well. Of all the males on the show, he's definitely the strongest (am I the only one waiting for him to do a Gnarls Barkley song? For some reason I could see him doing that sort of music).

Angela

.... what in heaven's name is inspirational about a song called "Don't Dream It's Over," and written about a divorce? :huh:

that's what the song is about, right? I might be misremembering that.

Wasn't she on last year, too? Did she sing Poker Face or something? Maybe it was Just Dance. It was before she was super-super-huge, I think.

She did Poker Face last year, with that stripped down piano intro thing. And, yeah, it was before she got super huge. I remember not being all that impressed, but that was before I liked her or even knew much about her.

Spoiler time :)

American Idol 9 Top 7 Song Spoilers!
April 20th, 2010 | Author: mj

*There was an orchestra on stage

Casey James – Don’t Stop Thinking About Tomorrow – Fleetwood Mac – Typical Casey, plaid electric guitar–playing was awesome

Lee Dwyze – The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkle – Had to sing twice due to tech difficulties, acoustic guitar, backup singers and

Tim Urban – Better Days by Goo Goo Dolls – Really good, his best week. Belting notes! Played acoustic guitar

Aaron Kelly – I Believe I Can Fly – Ruben Studdard – Wasn’t pitchy, but very karaoke

Siobhan Magnus – When you Believe – Mariah and Whitney from the Prince of Egypt – Thought she was amazing, did pure soprano high notes. Butterflies on her arm, strapless dress, purpley water-colored

Michael Lynche – Hero – Alt rock version, probably Chad Kroeger feat. Josey Scott – Sang it with acoustic guitar, glory note at the end.

Crystal Bowersox – People Get Ready by the Impressions – started a capella no guitar – weird microphone stand and evening gown. Some pitchiness.

**sigh***

You know, I understand he can sing and all. . .

But I just don't care for the musical stylings of Aaron Kelly.

.... what in heaven's name is inspirational about a song called "Don't Dream It's Over," and written about a divorce? :huh:

that's what the song is about, right? I might be misremembering that.

I've heard it said that that song is in reference to some sort of relationship struggle, yes-I think Neil said he wrote it after he had a fight with his wife one day. I myself never interpreted the song that way, and find it quite comforting, but that's just me *Shrugs*.

Top 3 of the night:

1. Crystal, without a doubt (she got me all teared up. Siobhan, that's how you do a song that kinda forces you to not move around a lot)
2. Mike (I wish his vocals had been a little more powerful, I think that would've drove the message home a little more, but he took a song I don't like and made it likable, so yay)
3. Lee. I've normally not been all that big on his sound-reminds me too much of a Nickelback-y type artist, and I don't care for that type of music at all. But tonight, he sounded really nice on his song.

Aaron's mention of singing "I Believe I Can Fly" when he was a small child made me feel old. And I completely forgot about the song Siobhan did-holy teenage years flashback, wow. She sang that song well, but she just sounded like she was forcing the controlled vocals a bit too much. Crystal just sounded so much more natural.

Angela

Another couple of hours here to wait
grumpywaiting.gif

In my opinion, Crystal won the evening hands down. Lee and Michael are close behind though. I do not get the love affair with Casey though.:hmm: When is he going to break out of his comfort zone??? I could go to any nightclub and bar and find other bands and singers that sound just like him...

Anybody else notice that when they did the recap of the performances, Crystal had a different (non-crying) ending than the one we just saw. I guess they decided to put in a rehearsal instead of the weepy one she did for the actual performance. It was a little disconcerting.

^They actually always use the dress rehearsal footage for the recaps. The producers say they don't have time to edit the live performances in time for the end of the live show.

^They actually always use the dress rehearsal footage for the recaps. The producers say they don't have time to edit the live performances in time for the end of the live show.

Hmmm. I didn't know that. Makes sense though.

It makes me a little bit sick that, for thousands of kids across the country, this bastardized Mary J. Blige shit will be the first version of "Stairway of Heaven" they've ever heard.

Back
Top Bottom