American Idol - Season 8: Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
David Cook is coming to a small theater in my town (seats less than 800 people). A friend and I are wondering if we should go. We don't even like him that much but hey, it's the first time an AI has come to town and it's like right down the street and everything. Tickets go on sale tomorrow so I guess we'll decide soon.

I'd go see David Cook. If it was cheap. :wink:

There's a touring production of Grease in Seattle right now, with Taylor Hicks as Teen Angel. The review I read had nice things to say about him in the role, and there's a little in-joke from Frenchie when she says "I voted for you" during his song. Ha!

And then he apparently sings his latest single at the end of the show, or after the show or something. :|

Watched Kris sing Heartless this morning on the Today show, and Adam sang Mad World. I taped the rest of the show - since I think that Kris did another song. And they laughed at "textgate". Didn't think it really had any affect on the outcome. The bromance continues! Oh, and Gokey was on Regis & Kelly when I flipped channels. Apparently the he arrived in NY, but his luggage did not... I didn't stay to watch the interview.

Went to the Today show got my VIP pass. We actually saw them perform their songs like 5 times each because they came out for rehearsal. Adam and Kris do seem like they are the best of friends. I was able to see them inside the building and they were together the whole time. While Kris was rehearsing Adam was on the side moving to Kris's tunes. Adam is as nice as he appears to be! He was constantly saying thank you, nice to see you, thanks for coming! He is a doll. I must say though he should skip the face makeup and go natural like he did at rehearsal he looks so much better. He is very tall/slender and as cute as could be! He sang Mad World and live it sent me shivers. I was impressed with Kris because he really can sing! But Adam was better. :sexywink:

heres some pix!

332.jpg

341.jpg

322.jpg

SQUEEEEEEEEE!! That's amazing. I'm so happy for you JC. They both did a great job yesterday. I doubt I'd be saying that if Kris had sung something other than "Heartless", but I'm glad he did anyway. Kradam=:heart:

US Idol bosses deny vote rigging

American Idol bosses have rejected allegations of vote fixing after fans were shown how to "power-text" for this year's surprise winner, Kris Allen.Show sponsor AT&T sent employees to two Allen supporter parties in Arkansas where they provided phones capable of sending 10 text message votes a time.

The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported that AT&T staff brought more than 80 mobile phones to Allen parties during the final performance night last week.

One fan said she voted for Allen 10,840 times on one of the free phones provided, despite American Idol rules forbid "power-voting" using "technical enhancements".

While AT&T bosses admit their staff did show fans how to vote for Allen, they maintain the extra votes did not hamper other finalist Adam Lambert's chances of success.

"That said, it's quite a leap to suggest that a few individuals could have impacted the final results."

^^well....obviously they did.

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | US Idol bosses deny vote rigging

The rumor I heard today (take with a grain of salt, rumor rumor rumor) is that not only is Adam going to be on the cover of Rolling Stone, but he's going to make a statement about his sexuality on the cover, or in the story. As in "Hi, in case you haven't noticed that the sky is blue and bears shit in the woods, I'm gay."

:shrug: We shall see!

No, he doesn't have to say anything, but I think it's pretty clear that he does what he wants, and if he didn't want to say anything publicly, he wouldn't.

However, please tell me you don't actually think the lovely boy is straight when you say "part of the appeal is not knowing."

For the first time since Carrie, I'm actually excited to hear what an Idol will be coming out (no pun intended) with next. Really curious as to what Adam's first single/album will sound like. Slow, brooding verses followed by a huge chorus? Fast paced glam rock stylings?

I wonder what the turnaround rate on this thing will be. How long after the season ended did David Cook come out with his single/album?

Back
Top Bottom