American Idol - Season 8: Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard from Matt this morning. He says he's really getting excited about the tour, but he's not doing "Human Nature" like a lot of Idol articles have been saying. He said it was too late to change any song choices by the time MJ passed away, but he wishes he would've done it now.

That's too bad. That's such a great song and I think Matt did a very good job with it.

I heard from Matt this morning. He says he's really getting excited about the tour, but he's not doing "Human Nature" like a lot of Idol articles have been saying. He said it was too late to change any song choices by the time MJ passed away, but he wishes he would've done it now.

I would love to meet Matt too at the AI tour. Wouldn't that be ironic if I did, 6 degrees of separation! :huh:

I just found out that Blake Lewis is putting out another album in October. I might be the only one, but I'm excited - I thought his first album was some completely decent pop, with one really stellar track (How Many Words).

:up:

I had no idea he had a CD. I'd probably want to hear some of it first before I rushed out and bought it. I like his voice a lot, and he's rather hawt, but I have no idea what kind of music he'd do, if I'd like it or not, you know?

This sucks

it won't be the same :down:

Paula Abdul: "I've Decided Not to Return to Idol"

Today 9:05 PM PDT by Natalie Finn
Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul Michael Becker / FOX

Paula Abdul's American Idol journey has ended.

Less than a week after E! News confirmed that Kara DioGuardi will be returning to the judges' table, Abdul wrote on Twitter Tuesday that she will not be back for the show's ninth season.

"With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to #IDOL. I'll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all...being a part of a show that I helped from day1become an international phenomenon," read two tweets posted shortly after 7:30 p.m.

Fox confirmed the news shortly afterward.

I'm pissed. I don't even know if I want to watch anymore. The original 3 judges' chemistry was part of what made the show work. I was hoping Kara would be out. I can't help but wonder if this is going to be permanent, though. Simon will be pissed. He said just a couple that he doesn't want do the show without Paula.

I don't know what to say.

I pray that I wake up and this has just been a bad dream.

Say it ain't so, Paula.

Wow.

If this comes to pass, my life, and the lives of ambitious young singers across the country, will forever be changed.

I don't know whether to cry or cry.

The pop culture landscape that has been developed this decade has been irrevocably shifted.

Who will they get to replace her? Is it true? Will she come back? If she doesn't come back, will they seriously consider replacing her with Cheryl Cole? And, if they do, will I be able to keep myself from uncontrollably licking the TV screen every Tuesday and Wednesday?

A hole has been dug into my heart and into the heart of the pop culture world.

It's a sad day in the world of POP.

:sad:

On the one hand, I'm glad because I found her interaction with Simon to be increasingly irritating.

On the other hand, does this mean we're stuck with Kara? Barf.

as nutty as Paula is...she will be missed in my view....the show will not be the same....and I agree about Kara...barf:angry:

I guess there's a rumor goin round that this was all a big publicity stunt and she's gonna come out soon and be like "Oh, I'm actually coming back. My bad."

Well maybe she's hoping for the public outpouring for the "decision" not to return (negotiations) and there will be a campaign to bring her back from the public. Who knows. What else is she gonna do? :ohmy: :wink:

By Michael Ausiello
Entertainment Weekly
updated 7:49 p.m. ET, Thurs., Aug 20, 2009

Take note, “American Idol”: This is how you replace Paula Abdul.

“Ugly Betty” has tapped “3rd Rock” Emmy winner Kristen Johnston to replace Abdul in the now-recurring role of Helen, Mode’s newest office temp and Amanda’s elder doppelganger. Abdul had been in negotiations to play the part, but last week the deal came undone — in part, I hear, due to the ex-“Idol” judge’s insane list of demands. (Two words: Private. Jet.)

kristin-chenoweth-space_chimps-4.jpg

The next guest fill-in judge is Kristin Chenoweth, an actress and singer. Most recently, she had a starring role in the whimsical (but now cancelled) “Pushing Daisies” on ABC.
She will show up in Orlando.

Back
Top Bottom