American Idol - Season 8: Part 2 - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2009, 02:05 AM   #181
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:20 PM
Adam would have been the upset.

Quote:
"After the third one leaves, you wonder where do the votes go from that third contestant," Paula Abdul said backstage after Tuesday's singing showdown.

Allen seemed the likely candidate for those viewers' affections, for on- and offstage reasons. Allen and Gokey, 29, of Milwaukee, were downright conservative when compared to Lambert's elaborate staging and wardrobe choices. Allen is a married college student and has worked as a church worship leader. Gokey, a widower, is a church music director.
I posted yesterday that Kris would take most all Gokey's vote and Cori got mad at me.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:07 AM   #182
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:20 PM
I am sorry to say that all that screaming from Adam, got old for me after his One rendition.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:11 AM   #183
Blue Crack Addict

I loved Ryan's comment; "I was going to ask what's new... but I already know".lol
Old 05-21-2009, 02:15 AM   #184
Blue Crack Addict

I don't care that he was gay.

I think he would have won, based on his talent, if he dialed it in a bit.

Taylor Hicks had a big personality too.

He went further when he dialed in back a bit.

Just my thoughts.

I think many people wanted Adam's gayness to break a boundary and are blaming homophobia for him not winning.

With a little less screech I would have been 100 per cent behind Adam.

Taylor bugged me too, sometimes.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:18 AM   #185
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Exactly.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:38 AM   #186
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicy View Post
i think kris won because he got all of danny's votes once he got kicked off.
yes
Old 05-21-2009, 02:44 AM   #187
Blue Crack Distributor

I wish Ryan would have told us the breakdown of the votes and/or if it was even close. He didn't, which makes me think it wasn't because if it was, he surely would have mentioned it for the drama.

Loved Kara showing up bikini girl and her new friends
Tatiana was definitely staged too
Norman or Nelson or whatever his name is
I liked the Mraz group sing. That song may be overplayed, but it's just fun and I like to sing along to it
David Cook Didn't care for the lighter hair color, but that's just me.
Queen
Rod Stewart - I love Maggie May, but tonight it just sucked and was lackluster. Don't know if that's Rod's fault or the band's fault, or a combination of the two. Meh.
BlackEyed Peas were energetic. Bleeped out one of Fergie's words (Maddy said it was "shit").

Adam with Kiss I heard Adam in a post-show interview on Fox News say that the Kiss boots were his own, and that he had painted them himself. Later in the broadcast they reported that they had asked Adam who he'd like to work with in the future. He said..... Madonna!

I am taping the AI aftershow that airs on one of the Fox cable channels. They usually film this after the regular AI show, so it will be interesting to see. And I believe the top 13 are supposed to be on Larry King in the coming days, with Seacrest as host (I think).

Overall - a good show I thought. Not the outcome I wanted. I like Kris too, but thought the "crown" should have gone to Adam. Some people just love him or hate him, and apparently some are homophobic. Best of luck to them both

and yeah - I think Kris benefitted most from Danny's fans/votes
Old 05-21-2009, 03:22 AM   #188
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I posted yesterday that Kris would take most all Gokey's vote and Cori got mad at me.
lol.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:46 AM   #189
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:20 AM
America fucked this one up.

I'm not going to watch another episode of American Idol until next January.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:02 AM   #190
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I'd even go so far as to say that he disliked Adam even more than Tiger Edge does.

I only tuned into the news for about .5 seconds this morning to hear NBC interviewing someone on why Adam lost because of the Christian conservative vote.
That doesn't explain anything. If the Christian conservatives are so strong in this country, how did Obama win the election?
Two things cost Adam his crown:
a) The constant boasting of the judges. For months we were told that Adam was the king of all music. Every note sounded like a symphony and he was just perfect of the perfect of the perfect. There were times where Adam came out and sang first and the judges said, "Welp, no one's gonna top that tonight!"
How does that make the other contestants feel? I'm not in the "I think everyone's a winner" category, but I'm also not going to stand for the judges outright abuse of other contestants. If I came up after Adam I would hand the microphone back to Ryan and say, "It's obvious who you want the winner to be, so there's no point in singing here anymore," and I would have walked offstage. Where else would any of this fly? If an umpire came to the game and gave an interview on how much he wants the thinks the Brewers should win. Obviously the game is going to be thrown, no matter how hard you play. It would have been fine if they did it once or twice, but it was week after week after week. I think Kris gained all the votes of all the people who have been voted off weeks before. Including Gokey, Anoop, Allison, etc...

b) Danny Gokey voters. As I said before, those who voted for Gokey voted for Kris based on musical style. Not because ministers in churches all bonded together last Sunday and asked the good Bible folk to vote for the heterosexual on American Idol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I think many people wanted Adam's gayness to break a boundary and are blaming homophobia for him not winning.

American Idol already has its gay star, mmkay?

Everyone knew he was gay way back when and it certainly didn't impede on his chances. As I recall correctly, Clay held the good country Southern old momma and pre-teen vote.

I needed a lot less screech for me to be behind Adam. And less of the tongue sticking out.
I'm still not sure why he auditioned for American Idol in the first place. His voice is theatrical, he should have stuck to Broadway. I thought he was already successful there? This show is about finding undiscovered talent.

Shit, man, I didn't even want Kris to win.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #191
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post

Old 05-21-2009, 10:30 AM   #192
Blue Crack Addict

When Seacrest was making the announcement I knew it would be Kris. Meh, he's so cookie cutter..(John Mayer without the smug toolishness comes to mind for me). I do agree, Adam's screeching was a big problem. I honestly don't think it had much/anything to do with his sexual orientation-sure he's "flamboyant" and all that but so are other performers. He's a natural born performer, and I think he's actually more of a performer than a singer. With the right career path I think Adam could be a big star-Kris, not really. Unless he goes country.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:39 AM   #193
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
I just looked at the itune store page front page and Kris and Adam are all over the top songs, top album and top music videos download lists.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:39 AM   #194
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post

hee.... I'm with you. I'm boycotting Idol until January! Of course now I have more time to watch So you think you can dance?

I agree with deep. While I personally love the screeching, Adam was very polarizing. There were quite a few people who would vote for Kris because they disliked Adam. Kris, being adorable with a singer/songwriter vibe, didn't have people motivated enough to vote against him. Couple this with the fact that apparently Arkansas is the master of powervoting and I don't believe this was close.

I will say that looking at iTunes right now, Adam has 10 songs in the top 100 including Mad World at 4, Kris has 7 with Heartless at 5. Adam also has 2 video packages in the top 10 videos.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:39 AM   #195
ONE
love, blood, life

I am crushed.

Tags
american idol