A Thread About Girls (HBO)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Absolutely. The word "junkie" was used. "Junkie" is more typically used in relation to heroin, not coke.

I think she mentioned going to rehab for heroin addiction in Season 2 when she met her short-lived husband's parents in that disastrous dinner scene.

And apparently heroin withdrawal just consists of having one intense dancing/crying session. Props to Jessa for repping Wu tho. And only a few weeks after they played Clan in Da Front in True Detective. Hopefully HBO also throws in some references when Game of Thrones starts back up.

Also, my Girls/Wu-tang breakdown

Hannah = Rza (everything revolves around her and forms like Voltron)
Jessa = Raekwon (highly knowledgeable about cocaine distribution)
Shosh = Ghostface (stream of conscious manner of speaking, sometimes non-sensical)
Ray = Gza (more mature, eloquent and incisive with his words)
Elijah = Method Man (boisterous, the life of the party)
Adam = Ol Dirty (dude just looks dirty, like he's a week out from his last shower)
Marnie = U God (yup)

I really liked the finale. Iowa Writers Workshop is a huge deal! I was so happy for her ... and then realized it was a fictional character. Ha ha.

I even liked Shosh in this episode. Will wonders ever cease?

Shosh this week was pure GIF magic

tumblr_n2ya0upA891rjq3xeo3_500.gif

And I give it about 2 episodes into next season before Hannah self-sabotages the Iowa writers workshop thing. This show is just too incapable of deviating from the status quo for that long.

It was amaIng to see Hanmah actually happy.

And I thought her little speech to Adam was Lena Dunham's best acting moment.

Though with that little smile at the end, maybe it was to let us know that the speech was just her acting, and the entire thing was a setup to facilitate her breakaway from Adam.

Though with that little smile at the end, maybe it was to let us know that the speech was just her acting, and the entire thing was a setup to facilitate her breakaway from Adam.

That's how I interpreted it. Or, at least, there was a part of her that knew it was going to fuck things up if she went to see him and told him in that moment.

I don't think Hannah was trying to intentionally throw off Adam before his show, I think that was her being self-centered as usual and not realizing it was about the worst possible time to drop that newsflash.

The smile at the end was self-centered too, but I'm fully with her on it. At this stage it's more important to pursue her ambition than to try and salvage a shaky relationship. Anyway, by the even/odd season breakup to makeup algorithm, she'll be back with Adam by the end of Season 4.

I don't think Hannah was trying to intentionally throw off Adam before his show, I think that was her being self-centered as usual and not realizing it was about the worst possible time to drop that newsflash.

The smile at the end was self-centered too, but I'm fully with her on it. At this stage it's more important to pursue her ambition than to try and salvage a shaky relationship. Anyway, by the even/odd season breakup to makeup algorithm, she'll be back with Adam by the end of Season 4.

That's how I saw it too. Though I think the seed of doubt was sown in that episode with her grandmother when Hannah's mother pointed out how unstable Adam is. I think this would be a good time for Hannah to see if Adam is worth staying with as she goes into the next stage of her life.

Yeah, I felt sorry for Shosh too. And Marnie is not the friend any woman would want to have.

Back
Top Bottom