24 - Day 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good episode, although it seems we are in for the standard torture fare next week.

Darn. I don't see any previews (they're not included in the torrents). But now you mention it, I was starting to miss the torture. Dammit!

And yeah, it was quite a good episode. Renee cracking, that Middle Eastern president getting all tyrannical. And oh, the blonde bombshell getting into deep trouble because of dumb & dumber.

Good episode, although it seems we are in for the standard torture fare next week.

non standard, I'd say

roles are reversed

hopefully this will be realistic, and Jack will eventually confess to anything, including false confessions, torture is 100% effective in getting the desired results.

Finally caught this week's episode, damn I gasped out loud when Renee stabbed Jack. The beginning was showing cracks in the promise that the first couple episodes set up, but the second half made up for it.

this Dana subplot is sure picking up
some amazing writing here, of course Chloe would jump in and back her up, she never has had good instincts
didn't Dana's boyfriend make a deal with her that this would be a one time only heist, I can't believe he is going back on his word when Dana has been so cool to him, he got so much money, why would he do that

Dana's fiancé just told her he did not care about her past. Cool. That means that bad guy really can't blackmail her anymore. This writing is zig zagging all over. This Dana subplot has really elevated a dying series :up:

Gotta say the highlight for me was Jack playing dangerous table-peekaboo with the the Ukrainian.

I'm a little disappointed with how this season has devolved into cliches after such a fantastic start, but the character drama has been quite good.

I think they've just run out of ideas they can make work in the limited 24 hour format, it all seems so reused at this point.

I still like the direction that the main story is going.

Indeed. I like how the possession of the nuclear rods has suddenly moved two parties in one episode.

But yesterday I was thinking about some things there were quite a stretch for me. How did Farrad get to contact CTU? Why is everyone deserting their position in the middle of a crisis?
Then again, it is to be expected. This is 24. :)

And Hastings? I think more and more he's extremely incapable of leading CTU. Probably has to do with his hunched way of walking and approaching people.

But yesterday I was thinking about some things there were quite a stretch for me. How did Farrad get to contact CTU? .

CTU is now the most accessible Gov't agency ever. First Goober and Cletus just drive their van up to the back door...on 2 occasions, and next a resident of a middle eastern country just happens to have them on speed dial on his cell phone right between Chuck E. Cheese and Curves Helath Club for Women.

The government probably made the new CTU much more accountable than the previous highly secretive and highly fucked up version after the senate debacle.

Probably has to do with his hunched way of walking and approaching people.

:laugh:

He is always in strange poses, isn't he.

I still like the show, but I'm sorta hoping they either quit after this season, or do something ENTIRELY different next season. There have been far too many "You have to be joking" moments for me this season.

As much as I love the recurring characters, I liked the idea the producers had initially to do something totally different with the concept every season, new characters and settings, of course they can never do that under the name 24 now.

They need to just call it "The Jack Bauer Screams At, Tortures, and Beats the Crap Out of Terrorists Hour". That way we get everything we want as fans, and they can try to come up with some new ideas. :wink:

And Hastings? I think more and more he's extremely incapable of leading CTU. Probably has to do with his hunched way of walking and approaching people.

:lol: :applaud: I have done many an imitation of his "walk", much to the amusement of my co-workers :wink: glad I am not the only one to notice this lol

Ok, who was the kid in tonight's episode? I've seen him in something else before, and it's driving me nuts.

Apparently he was on a Fox sitcom called "The War at Home" as one of the kids of the family, for two seasons. The only thing I really remember about it was that Michael Rapaport was a bigot, the daughter of the family was really hot, and the show wasn't very funny.

I'm enjoying this season, but I'm ready for it to start moving along now. And Dana/Jenny really needs to go the hell away.

Dana/Jenny didn't really play into this week's ep, I liked how for once they left it off with no closure, for the past bunch of seasons they've had most episodes have something somewhere get resolved by the close of the hour, this time things just went from bad to worse.

Apparently he was on a Fox sitcom called "The War at Home" as one of the kids of the family, for two seasons. The only thing I really remember about it was that Michael Rapaport was a bigot, the daughter of the family was really hot, and the show wasn't very funny.

It was driving me nuts as well, and then I remembered him from "The War at Home" (with the quite hot daughter), however he wasn't one of Rapaport's kids (yes I watched a few episodes, again rememeber the daughter was hot), he was the neighbor, who was gay and attracted to Rapaport's unsuspecting, straight yet interested in drama club/ Broadway musicals teenage son.

I thought The War at Home was hilarious, I like Rapaport a lot. I seem to have completely forgot that show ever existed though, despite having probably watched most every episode.

It was driving me nuts as well, and then I remembered him from "The War at Home" (with the quite hot daughter), however he wasn't one of Rapaport's kids (yes I watched a few episodes, again rememeber the daughter was hot), he was the neighbor, who was gay and attracted to Rapaport's unsuspecting, straight yet interested in drama club/ Broadway musicals teenage son.

Right, I remember now. That show was funny for about 3 episodes, then I lost interest.

Back
Top Bottom